Recipe: Mars Bar Cakes
Writing about French pâtisseries in my previous article has inspired me to share with you a collection of 'fridge cake' recipes. These are very simple and easy to make – no oven needed.
I'll begin with 'mars bar cakes'. These are very popular in Scotland. They're great for parties or if you feel like something sweet. Many recipes are available but this is my mum's own recipe.
You will need
A large baking tray
A large bowl
A small pot or microwave bowl
A wooden spoon
4 Mars bars
200g Rice Krispies (or cereal equivalent)
Large bar of chocolate
Grease the baking tray with spare butter or oil.
1. Melt the Mars bars and the butter together in small pot (or microwave). Stir well with the wooden spoon.
2. Put the cereal in a large bowl. Pour the melted mixture into bowl. Mix together with wooden spoon.
3. Empty the bowl onto the prepared baking tray. Flatten the contents with the wooden spoon.
4. Put the tray in the fridge and leave to set for 30 minutes.
5. Melt a large bar of chocolate (at least). Pour the chocolate over the cake.
6. Leave the chocolate to harden (not in fridge) for 30 minutes.
7. Cut the cake into squares, serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you have any questions.