Look at the exam question and answer and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

Topics:

Would you like to study in a different country?

Comments

santoso1234567's picture
santoso1234567 5 June, 2020 - 10:33

Dear Mr. Sir
I am writing in response for the advertisement about if I want to study abroad. I am interested because I want to improve my skills in learning more languages.
I would be very grateful if you could provide me some further information about studyinh abroad. Firstly, I would like to know about the price of the accommodation, how to live there, and what are the requirements to be accepted.
Secondly, I would like more information about the price to join the university, What country should I study in, and about the weather condition in that country.
Finally, it would be great if you could tell me if the place provides everyday needs like food, electricity, and a place to live.
I look forward to hearing from you
Yours sincerely,
Kevin

hittheroad's picture
hittheroad 5 June, 2020 - 06:27

Dear Ms. Black,
I am writing in response to the advertisement that your company posted in the “Flying Cow” Magazine. I am interested in joining one of your courses, which is “Learning English”. I would be grateful if you can give further details about the course and give me a chance to join your course and study abroad.
Firstly, it is written in the advertisement that the location of the course is in London. I am wondering which location in London will the course take place.
Secondly, I also would like to know the cost of the course if I want to have extra three days from the supposed length of the course, which is two weeks.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Hittheroad.

dkdk's picture
dkdk 5 June, 2020 - 06:25

Dear [someone]
I am writing this in regards toward the flyer that was given at the front of Saint Ursula School. I am interested to study abroad to improve my skills and abilities in mastering several subjects. I want to prove that I am capable of that.
Firstly, I am a middle school student. I have very little knowledge about the subject. I would be grateful if you could provide more information especially for middle school students.
Secondly, I also would like to know the living expenses, the accommodation, tuition and many things about the cost of living
Finally, I would be very grateful if you could provide some information about the scholarships.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
Lord farquaad

LochNess's picture
LochNess 4 June, 2020 - 09:50

Dear Mr./Madam,
I am writing to respond your discussion about if I want to go abroad. I am interested to study abroad since I was ten years old. I am interested because I want to prove myself that I am capable of doing something amazing and out of the box.

Firstly, I am grade ten and I don't know any trusted information that I can follow. I would be grateful if you could provide some information about where to register and the requirement that I need.

Secondly, I also would like to know about how much is the cost to live there, the accommodation and the tuition to study abroad.

Finally, It would be great if you could provide some further information about scholarship.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Justin

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 14 April, 2020 - 12:06

I really want to go language study abroad. My mother and father both was studying classical music and operas in Italy, and they are still famous for classical musician and opera singer. I want to be a musical star, too, but I want to study in US and debut in there. I don't care any foreing languages, but, for the future, I think I have to prepare it and use it in usual conversation. So I think it is the most important thing which learn foreing languages when I am young. I am 13 years old now, and I want to go study in USA or Singapore for English. Personally, I can't understand the British English pronounce well. So I want to go foreign country for study. For foreign language, I'll introduce why I want to go USA. Firstly, I can use the right pharases on grammer in usual conversation with the other people, and I can learn how to pronounce some complex words. And secondly, I can learn the cultures of that country, like the Halloween and the Independense Day. And also, I can spend other country's own holidays with there native traditions. Finally, I can test my English speaking and vocabulary by staying with my host families. Also, I can travel all around the country with my family and friends on my vacation. At last, My dream is become a world-famous musical stars who is not defeated by the K-POP stars and the other senior actors. So, I am going to study and practice singing, dancing and English, from now on. I will, I MUST be a famous world star, who can speak English very well as a native speakers.

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 12 August, 2019 - 08:57

Just a bit because I'm scared to be bullying and I even don't know their language, but I can enjoy their foods, something my country don't have but their do. : >

Youjiro's picture
Youjiro 22 January, 2019 - 02:22

I'm writing in response to the advertisement I saw for your Spanish school advertisement in "Spanish magazine ". I would be greatful if you could provided same further information .
Firstly . It says in the advertisement Spanish classes are three month long.It would possible to do more days classes? I would like to know where are located.
Secondly .It says in the advertisement your Spanish classes needs experience living foreign country least two years .
Finally .I'd like to know fees .Magazine don't mentioned fee of your classes .
I'm look forward to you response .
see you .

MyStudyCoachJonas's picture
MyStudyCoachJonas 25 October, 2017 - 23:42

Yes maybe.
It dipends on the country.
I would like to study in The Netherlands, Japan or China.

Seba9441's picture
Seba9441 6 June, 2017 - 10:18

Yeah, AbsoIutely! Personally I'd like to study in the United States. It could be a dream to come to the US and live with a host family and speak english all the time.

dumbdumber's picture
dumbdumber 16 November, 2016 - 09:45

It would be a good idea to study in a different country =)) I've been dreamed of my studying abroad, especially in UK and Singapore ;)) I like Britain, so I'd like to spend my great time there asap I get a ticket to set off.

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 4 September, 2016 - 08:07

Hi micle,
I wouldn't use 'Yours cordially,' to end a letter. It's not a common way to end a letter (in the UK, at least) so I would use 'Yours sincerely,' as we have put in this example writing task.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Aiana178's picture
Aiana178 24 June, 2016 - 10:47

I am going to spend one year in the USA by exchange program and in the future, I want to study at the university abroad.

Tony2003's picture
Tony2003 10 October, 2015 - 05:49

I would not dare to study in other country at all because there are to much things to do like passport,visa,etc..But the main reason is I do not want to see my parents are staying alone without someone take care

khaskhely's picture
khaskhely 7 August, 2015 - 09:54

hey every one this is khaskhely
iam glad to see you guyz herei want to learn english writing practice with you guyz

kyvalda's picture
kyvalda 6 August, 2015 - 14:58

Volunteer projects

Dear Ms Robinson,

I am writing in response to the advertisement I saw in newspaper magazine for your volunteer projects. I am interested in joining one of your project and I would grateful if you could provide some further information.

Firstly, it says in the advertisement that the projects are two days long. Would it be possible to do more days project? I would also like to know what kinds of projects there are and where they are located.

Secondly, your advert mentions about morning and afternoon work. Could you specify which time it is exactly? Also I would like to know about lunch. Could you tell if it is provided or I have to bring my own?

Finally, I have question about fees. Would you mind to tell if there are any other costs except admin fees which is mentioned in the advert.

I really want to try myself as volunteer and would like to start as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Valentyn.

jess02's picture
jess02 30 March, 2015 - 11:26

Dear Miss Black,

I am writing to you because I need further information on studying English at your school. I am very interested to know that whether your school has a three-week English course or just organizes a two-week course.

2. My second concern would be about the cost of the provided course. Would your management team provide a scholarship to eligible applicants? I wish I could grab the offer from you as my parents are worried that they cannot afford to pay for the registration fees.

3. I would be grateful if you could tell me more about the accommodation. Would I stay with the host family or with the other student?

I am looking forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,
Hopie

Hugodgr's picture
Hugodgr 8 November, 2014 - 00:22

Hello Ms. Black:
I saw the advertisement you were publishing about learning English in the UK, so I am interested to do one of the courses; I will only like you to send me the different levels of courses so I can show my parents what this is about, and convince them so they let me study here.

Finally, I will like you to send me also the schedule, so I can show my parents the times also, bacause I have more activities after school.
Sincerely, Hugo G.

AnaB's picture
AnaB 15 June, 2014 - 09:41

I'm now studying in a foreign country. But my biggest dream is to study in London. About four years I'm definitely going in London. I can't wait. :)