What do you know about the United Kingdom? Watch this clip to learn much more!

This video is part of our Word on the Street series. Word on the Street is an exciting new English Language teaching programme co-produced by the BBC and the British Council.

Have you been to any of the countries in the United Kingdom? Would you like to go?

Comments

Lejdi's picture
Lejdi 17 September, 2012 - 18:29

I would like to go to Scotland and Northern Ireland.But I like England and Wales too.There are four beautiful countries .

bookworm's picture
bookworm 15 August, 2012 - 11:18

I've never been in UK but my dream is to study in Cambridge. We have a Welsh teacher in our school, and he told us a lot about the UK. We learned a lot about UK in our world geography classes, and I know quite lot about it. I really want to visit London, and I hope I will..

Zaim's picture
Zaim 12 August, 2012 - 12:48

Though,I've never been to UK............ I'm an 'Anglophile'! I'd really be honoured to be a student at the 'Cambridge University':-)

lady96's picture
lady96 28 July, 2012 - 12:22

I have been to England. It was five years ago, and this year I won a contest for knowing English. The grand prize was a trip to England for two weeks, you only had to buy plane tickets. But they are really expensive... I couldn't go this year. I'd LOVE to study in England. My dream is to study at Oxford University... I hope that someday my dream will come true, because I'd like to live and study in England! :)

Chi Chi's picture
Chi Chi 26 July, 2012 - 04:29

i heard a lot of thing about Lon Don. Lon Don is very wonderfull . i hope in the future i can come there to visit whole famous place.

Bosnianchild's picture
Bosnianchild 23 July, 2012 - 16:50

Hey,I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina,and It's very nice country,but London is my dream.My dream is,that I study in London.But how? :*

Simon's picture
Simon 25 July, 2012 - 06:12

Hi Bosnianchild, You can do it! The first step is to improve all your English skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and maybe you could go to a British university in the future! There are many students from all over the world studying in the UK! Hope this website helps you!

Simon (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Hirotoash13's picture
Hirotoash13 17 July, 2012 - 14:26

Well my Aunt is in London but I've never been to london Its my dream to visit London!!! I love London!!

myownd1's picture
myownd1 11 July, 2012 - 11:28

UK - that's admirable...I'd like to be a student of Royal Collegue Of MUsic. It interests me so much....)

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
102010x
Jonathan - Coor... 12 July, 2012 - 14:08

Hello myownd1 and everyone else who wrote about wanting to study in the UK! That's a great dream and it would be an unforgettable experience. What would you want to study? I'm sure you can make it come true! Go go go!

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

girl from Prishtina's picture
girl from Prishtina 9 July, 2012 - 14:11

I have always wanted to visit and study in the UK,hope someday my dream will com true.

prettysunshine's picture
prettysunshine 5 July, 2012 - 19:47

I really want to visit England, and (honestly) I would live there all my life...Yeah, English history is a real passion of mine

Martin's picture
Martin 29 June, 2012 - 10:42

I've never been to the UK but I like to visit it someday. This video helps me to enlarge my knowledge. Thank you!

Lunashine's picture
Lunashine 21 June, 2012 - 12:03

I am happy because it is a BBC video and I was able to understand everything :) I've already visited England and I would like to visit Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I like discovering new cultures and I hope that one day I will visit these countries :-)

Little Dragon's picture
Little Dragon 19 June, 2012 - 09:01

I do too misscool. I really want to sit on a double-decker bus someday.
I interesting in visiting old buildings and famous landmarks. I really like to visit the Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and London Eyes very much.

Peri's picture
Peri 13 June, 2012 - 18:05

I want to take part in Global Changemakers 2012 and appear in London...................It has always been my dream to be in London..............................

Simon's picture
Simon 16 June, 2012 - 06:26

Hi Peri, Great idea to take part in Global Changemakers 2012, Good luck. Hope your dream comes true!

Simon (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

misscool's picture
misscool 13 June, 2012 - 15:06

i've never been to the United Kingdom but i like to visit someday i am really interested in London ( london eye tour , london bridge , double decker, the taxi over there , telephone box .....etc )