One day, maggots might save your life. How? Watch this clip to find out! (WARNING: this video contains pictures of maggots that you might find disgusting.)

Would you be brave enough to try maggot medicine?

Do you know of any other interesting or unusual kinds of medicine?

Comments

Matthew83's picture
Matthew83 17 January, 2016 - 14:28

It's icky but if they can be useful it's great but I wouldn't want to be the person who is heal with this ! Feel this tiny maggots in my body beurk !

Ken's picture
Ken 18 January, 2016 - 23:11

Totally agree with you, Matthew83!!!
Icky!! (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ω˂̣̣̥)੭ु⁾⁾
=͟͟͞͞ (¦3[▓▓]

Olesya's picture
Olesya 23 September, 2015 - 17:23

I have never heard that maggots are used as the remedy somewhere. It sounds quite disgusting for me. =)The only things that spring to my mind when I hear about worms, maggots are dead plants or body.
On the other hand , using maggots is more safely then undergo operation that could be very dangerous.
Anyway, if my life is up to maggots I will agree to use it.

learningenglish282's picture
learningenglish282 28 March, 2014 - 00:48

Such an interesting fact! Thank you for letting me know that maggot is useful although they seem terrible :))

Yassine's picture
Yassine 8 October, 2013 - 21:01

Well, i think that it may be efficient some time but after two days three or four of the maggots may enter in your body so they can grow up and have children in your body! Yuck!

Flo Gert's picture
Flo Gert 16 March, 2013 - 20:09

If you have a problem that only maggots can heal you have to use it even if they look disgusting...

PavlovaVika's picture
PavlovaVika 21 November, 2012 - 05:55

It is very disgusting and nasty!!! I try maggot medicine never!... But may be this medicine is very efficient sometimes.

Ipatovalyuba's picture
Ipatovalyuba 19 November, 2012 - 18:39

It is real disgusting! When I watched this video, I had goosebumps on my body(( I do not like to watch such videos... but this video was very interesting and useful for me)

Elenkasergeevna's picture
Elenkasergeevna 19 November, 2012 - 18:27

It is real disgusting!! When I looked this video, I had goosebumps on my body)) I don't like to watch such video... But this video was very interesting and useful for me)

rreze's picture
rreze 5 November, 2012 - 13:17

omg!!!!!!!
I would never belive this if I didn't watch this video.....
I think I wouldn't be brave enough to try this kind of medicine..
because I am really scared of insects... :/

Martin's picture
Martin 21 July, 2012 - 05:31

So scared to image that maggot are eating my cell ... but I think it's a good medicine.

Akeef_Akit's picture
Akeef_Akit 1 July, 2012 - 11:19

it is disgusting for some people..but i do like this kind of videos for some reason(s)...