Look at the menu and do the exercises to practise and improve your reading skills.

What would you order from this menu?

Comments

Silvermist's picture
19150x
Silvermist 12 October, 2014 - 13:11

I certainly feel hungry after looking at this menu_Sad to say but I have no notion of selecting a specific one, so I'll have EVERYTHING! (But please don't include any food with onions. I simply HATE Onions!!) Please be mindful to have two portions of lemon cake......................But maybe I'm being too greedy. Thanks.................

EruLawliet's picture
EruLawliet 4 October, 2014 - 14:16

We’re ready to order. I’d like to have the Fruit salad and cream, Chocolate Ice cream, Coffee Ice cream, Lemon Ice cream, Lemon cake, Fresh orange juice, Soft drinks, English Tea, and Irish Cream Coffee please. Thank you.

Katetran's picture
1914x
Katetran 16 August, 2014 - 03:47

I would like to order chicken salad, vegetable pasta, fruit salad and creamwith mineral water

maestro's picture
maestro 7 July, 2014 - 12:47

I love seafood. I would order grilled fish, and potatoes and ice cream for dessert.

little_monster's picture
little_monster 25 June, 2014 - 15:34

I would order German sauseage and chips, Irish cream coffee and chocolate cake :)

zuzka2000's picture
zuzka2000 10 June, 2014 - 14:53

I like all food,but my favourite food are chips with chicken meat,spaghetti with cheese.My favourite vegetables and fruits are oranges,strawberries,cucumber and bananas. My favourite drink is juice (orange or strawberry) and Coca Cola.

usama's picture
usama 19 May, 2014 - 07:02

hello dear teacher i just ask you a question please can you reply this as soon as possible . How time should I give to this website to learn English or to be a like native speaker. I just want to know that according to your own experience that average time duration to learn English . please can you give this answer so then i will be decide how much should i spend to improve my language while I am from Pakistan where we never speak English . or difficult to find a person whom i speak in english.
Kind regards

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 19 May, 2014 - 09:29

Hi usama,
OK, that's a very big question. I can't tell you how long it will take you to learn English well. Every learner is different. Also, I would like to ask you, why do you want to be like a 'native speaker'? It is very difficult to sound like a native speaker in a foreign language. I have lived in Spain for 15 years and I still don't sound Spanish when I speak Spanish. That's fine! I don't need to sound like a native speaker for people to understand me and you don't need to sound like a native speaker to be able to communicate perfectly in English. If you can communicate well and understand the language you are doing brilliantly! :)
So, my advice is to spend as much time as you can learning English, but don't set your targets too high. Listening to as much English as you can will help your level of speaking. So try to watch films or series in English, listen to podcasts and songs in English.
Good luck with your studies.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

usama's picture
usama 19 May, 2014 - 06:44

Hi all dear mates. after a long time again i visit this site to improve my language . From above given menu I would like to orders which is Grilled fish and potato with fresh orange juice and Ice cream. I love things which are made on Grilled because test is very nice after eating you can feel test for a long time in you mouth. all foods which are served by restaurant management is actually English food. Being Asian I like spicy which is called in our language Biryani which is made by rice and some spicy ingredients.