Malala Yousafzai is the youngest ever Nobel Peace Prize winner. She is from Pakistan and she campaigns for the rights of girls to get an education. In this short video you can hear Malala speaking after receiving the prize.

Are you a fan of Malala? Do you think she deserves the Nobel Peace Prize?

Comments

linkan1337's picture
linkan1337 3 November, 2015 - 12:01

I think that what she's doing is amazing and helping women in a good way. However I am not sure if she deserves the nobel price because there are people who are helping other people in a grander scale, for example Angela Merkel.

ebbanilsson's picture
ebbanilsson 3 November, 2015 - 11:44

I would absolutely say that I am a fan of Malala, I do really admire her for being so brave and I don't understand how people can't like her. I really think she deserves the Nobel Peace Prize because she is a young, brave woman who stands up for children's right and Malala is a real role model, not just for young, but for adults to.

jasssrentas's picture
jasssrentas 3 November, 2015 - 09:20

im not a fan of malala. i do think that what shes doing is the right thing to do but i havent and wont follow her or her work meaning that im not a fan. i think that she definetley deserves the nobel prize though and she is doing something very admireable.

Dave___00's picture
Dave___00 3 November, 2015 - 09:19

Malala is a brave woman and what she is doing is very good. The only thing i want to say to her is that she chould continue what she is doing to change the society.

adde00's picture
adde00 2 November, 2015 - 20:28

I wouldn’t argue that I am a fan of hers, however I believe that her campaign for children’s education is unique and tremendously courageous. Of course she deserves the Nobel Prize due to her courageous and important campaign, but also considering the extremely hard time she has been through during the last couple of years. We can not even imagine what she has experienced and for that reason I admire her.
Her passion is unbelievable and I hope that it will pay off in the end so that her work hasn’t been meaningless.

00sil02's picture
00sil02 2 November, 2015 - 18:46

I don't consider myself as a fan of Malala but I have huge respect for her. She definitely deserves the Nobel Prize because she never gave up fighting for girls education around the world. One day she was shot going home from school but she still keeps on fighting, that's really impressive to me. In Sweden we often take school for granted and we often get sick and tired of school. But in some countries it's very hard to be able to get a good education, especially for girls. I think it's really important that the possibility of education for men and women should be the same. I also love that she doesn't feel done after winning this price, it's just a motivation to keep going. So yes, Malala, keep going!

TheVolumebar's picture
TheVolumebar 2 November, 2015 - 16:08

I admire her work and stubbornness in the matter. She doesn't give up easily, and she is stronger than most would be. I think that she couldn't be more worthy of the Nobel Peace pirize.

Stinaj's picture
Stinaj 2 November, 2015 - 13:38

Sadly, I don't know enough about Malala to call myself a fan of hers, but I admire her dedication to children's education. I am amazed by her passion to make the world a better place and everything she's done at such a young age. She truly deserves the Nobel prize because she's courageous and selfless in her actions. Furthermore, her outlook on the world shows great understanding of how to improve major world issues

cklj's picture
19483x
cklj 18 September, 2015 - 16:52

I first found out who Malala is a couple of years ago and I was surprised how young, yet, how successful she is. She is really an inspiring person and I respect her and idolize her. To do what she's doing demands a lot of courage. To stand up against the injustice and fight for children's rights is extremely noble. Malala is a person, we, young people should look up to. She definitely deserves this award because her campaign is very important and has made a lot of changes. Congratulations Malala!

iva10's picture
iva10 15 June, 2015 - 15:15

Yes I'm a fan of Malala and I think she deserves the Nobel Prize. In many countries woman don't have the same rights.

remus's picture
remus 1 December, 2014 - 13:23

I really like Malala, and all the things that she's done. I've read her book, and listened to her speeches and she's such a source of inspiration to me.

Millah's picture
Millah 18 November, 2014 - 08:37

I've been kind of a fan to Malala a while, I as a feminist admire her a lot. I totally belive she deserves the nobel prize.

gottaloveenglish's picture
gottaloveenglish 18 November, 2014 - 08:12

I wouldn't say that I'm a big fan of Malala. I admire her a lot but I don't follow her progress that well to call myself a fan. I definetely thought that she deserved the prize though. She has been through so much and has a big fighting spirit. She wishes to achieve her dreams even though there are peope trying to stop her. Like I said, I really admire what she have done so far.

Magna99's picture
Magna99 10 November, 2014 - 07:56

I think that Malala is an amazing women and I'm a huge fan of hers. I have been following her work the past two years and she have been through a lot. In 2012 she got shot because of her campaign but she still kept going. She kept fighting for girls rights to education. She never gives up and that proofs how strong she is. Of course she deserved the Nobel Peace Prize!

DagJensen's picture
DagJensen 9 November, 2014 - 11:54

I must say that Malala is an amazing woman. After seeing the horrible scenes from two years ago when she was shot, you can only feel respect and admiration for her. That she, despite being threatned continues her fight for women's rights, not just in Pakistan but the whole world, is really admirable.
To give her this prize was an extremley good decision by the Norwegian Nobel Prize comittee, one of their absolute best decisions. And it's good that they are giving the prize to her now and not one year ago when most critics would've said that she is only receiving the prize because she was shot.
So to sum it up. Yes. She deserves it.

Streetlamp's picture
Streetlamp 9 November, 2014 - 11:06

I support Malala's decision to enlighten the issue in the poorer parts of the world where women get no or very little educational possibilities. The millions she will receive from the Noble Peace Prize will help in her campaign, but the real game changer is the publicity she and the problem gets. Before her nomination I didn't even know she existed, but now she has become a role model to prevent the oppression of women. I think this is a very good cause to fight for and I would say she is a very qualified nominee for the Noble Peace Prize.

99magdalena's picture
99magdalena 7 November, 2014 - 08:55

I am a very big fan of Malala. She inspires me in so many different ways. I think she deserves the Nobel Prize. She is fighting for something so important at a so young age. She is very brave to stand up for what she is believing in, there are no many people who are brave enough to do that. SHe has also inspired and learn me that i (and everyone else) should not be afraid for speaking up and because it can make a big change for you and for others. That's why I am calling myself a big fan of Malala.

OrigamiCrane's picture
OrigamiCrane 7 November, 2014 - 08:23

I've never actually heard of her before this, but anyone who fights for human rights, in any form, is good in my (nonexistent) book. From what I understood she is a young Pakistani who wants girls to have a quality education in Pakistan. I think that is amazing.
And she seems quite humble and nice as well, and she seems very determined as well, not stopping just because she got a big prize but seeing this as an opportunity to do even more. So yes, maybe I am a Malala fan.

helloholahej's picture
helloholahej 6 November, 2014 - 20:08

Unfortunately I do not know enough about Malala to call myself a true fan, but I do indeed admire her a lot. She defiantly deserves this price given that she put in so much time and effort into a good cause. The world defiantly need more people who are as driven as Malala. It is also great I think that they gave this price to a young woman this year. All the other Nobel prices usually goes to old men.

MalalaFan's picture
MalalaFan 6 November, 2014 - 18:35

I wouldn't say that i'm a fan of hers, but i defintely support her work and what she stands for!
I think that many would agree when I say that she deserve the Nobel prize.
I also support her campaign on quality education.

Lydia_Efrem's picture
Lydia_Efrem 6 November, 2014 - 17:50

I'm a huge fan of Malala and she deserves the award no matter what anyone says or thinks. She's a girl, 17 years and she changed and keep on changing the lives of many children around the world. She is, not only young or a woman or a pakistani but she was and she is so brave and so heroic and I can say that if I ever become half the person that she is I'll be proud of myself. So really this discussion doesn't really matter at all. She is and will alway be a hero and she does and will always deserve that award and title.

dreamcatcher's picture
dreamcatcher 5 November, 2014 - 18:46

She really inspires me by her hard work to get every kid an education. Her way to open our eyes and get lots of people to help is amazing. Another thing that inspires me is that she can do so much even though she is very young. If this is not reason enough to win the Nobel Peace Prize then I do not know what is.

DanEman's picture
DanEman 5 November, 2014 - 18:02

I don't know very much about Malala, but I think it's great that she works for the rights of girls to get an education. And I'm very impressed that she's only 17 years old! But honestly I can't say that I think she deserved the price because I don't know if there were someone that would have deserved it more (according to me). But someone have to get it, so why not her? She works for a really good cause so probably there aren't many people that could "beat" her. Keep doing what you do Malala!

Foten's picture
Foten 5 November, 2014 - 12:47

I think that Malala deserves the Nobel peace prize, i like her because she fights for children's rights. One reason why i think she deserves the prize is because the difficulty she had doing this trip, you can't say that fighting for childrens rights in her situation was easy.

Fartasaki's picture
Fartasaki 4 November, 2014 - 07:34

I don't know if i'd say i'm a fan. However I do admire her for her work, and her dedication to child rights. She's quite humble aswell it seems. I defintely think she deserves this prize because of her work and dedication. She is a hero I tell you, or a heroine I suppose. I have friends who told me about her and when they speak of her they do it with great reverence, so they also seem to admire her.

MetallicA's picture
MetallicA 3 November, 2014 - 12:42

concidering the amount of time and effort that she has put in to this i really think she's worthy of the prize!
not only has she started a campain and encouraged alot of people to do what she's doing. she has acctually decpite her age made a big difference. i think that if she continues on and continue to inspire people the way she does this can be huge! much love.

MrCucumber's picture
MrCucumber 3 November, 2014 - 09:04

I think Malala deserves the prize because she worked really hard for something that she believed in. The things she stands for makes her to a big role model even though she´s at such a young age.

Tomato's picture
Tomato 3 November, 2014 - 09:03

I think it's strong of Malala, that she works so hard for what she believs in and don't give up. I really think she deserves the award because it's an imortant fight.