Look at the essay and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

Are video games really a good way to keep fit? What do you think?

Comments

chitabby's picture
chitabby 22 November, 2014 - 04:45

please help me writing an essay : what are advantages and disadvantages of working in the same place as other members of your family? give reaseon or examples to support your opinion?

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 24 November, 2014 - 13:30

Hi chitabby,
There are lots of examples of essays in our writing section where the writer gives an opinion. Please have a look at those examples to help you. We can't write your essay for you, but there is a lot of useful help and advice on the site. You may want to look in the Exam writing section too.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 10 November, 2014 - 03:03

Hi! I thought you wrote a good essay. Well done :)

I agree that most kids and teenagers play games nowadays, especially on their phones. How about you? Do you play video games? If you do, what sort of games do you like?

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

PestR's picture
PestR 7 November, 2014 - 09:59

Hi LearnEnglish Team,
I've got a little question to ask you. Is it correct to ask 'What do you doing?" Or should it always be "What are you doing?". I heard it in a TV show.
Thanks, Pest

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 7 November, 2014 - 11:38

Hi PestR,
Thanks for your question. No, it's not correct. What are you doing? is present continuous, and we use the verb be to form present continuous phrases. Have a look at this Grammar snack on the present continuous to revise and practise this structure.
Best wishes,
Joanna (LearnEnglishTeens team)

AnaB's picture
AnaB 11 June, 2014 - 00:23

No, I don't think video games are good way to keep fit. Maybe they are fun etc, but doing exercise every morning is much much better than video games. I know by myself. I do exercise every morning and I'm now more healthier than while I was on video games.

Niluh's picture
Niluh 24 January, 2014 - 12:33

In bad weather, active video games are good idea to keep fit which we can do exercise inside, but if it's possible i prefer doing exercise outside.