Listen to the conversation about the human body and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you know any amazing facts about the human body?

Comments

marta_diaz's picture
marta_diaz 1 December, 2015 - 15:20

I know some things about the human body, for example that 75% of our body weight is water or that people are morning 1cm higher than in the evenings.

mylilimine's picture
mylilimine 12 September, 2016 - 11:41

I know it, too. In the evenings we are smaller than in the morning because the gravity power crumples up us. I think that science, specially biology, is amazing!

mbamarina99's picture
mbamarina99 26 November, 2015 - 21:04

I know some interesting facts about the human body. For example, if we join all the blood vessels in our body, it would measure about 97,000 km.

Ken's picture
Ken 29 November, 2015 - 05:38

Wow, it's longer than making the double circuit of the equator!!
Oh, I feel the universe in my body!!
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

fatimamz_98's picture
fatimamz_98 24 November, 2015 - 18:33

I know one amazing fact : A woman's ovaries contain nearly half a million ovules, but only 400 have the opportunity to create a new life.

Goliath12's picture
Goliath12 24 November, 2015 - 16:48

Did you know that blood travels through the whole body and come back to the heart with only a heart pump. In addition, you need to breath by your nasal to enter a clean air to your body. Also, the small intestine is 5 metres long if it is straight, but because it takes a loopy shape in our body it looks much smaller than that.

taniamarquez's picture
taniamarquez 24 November, 2015 - 14:46

Something amazing the human body, some people can do forms with language and those people they know how to do if your parents know it.

diegomedina99's picture
diegomedina99 23 November, 2015 - 16:51

I am very surprised about the fact that the evolution of the use of our hands because they were other feet. However, we were able to walk on two legs and now we use our hands for catching objects and writing, the most important activities for the humanity. CR7 BALON DE ORO.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 24 November, 2015 - 02:41

Hi. Do you know the English name for that? It's called the Golden Ball. But because it's a French award, we also use the name in French (Ballon d'Or).

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

campanilla's picture
campanilla 22 November, 2015 - 15:21

The eyes receive approximately 90 percent of all information processed by the brain, making us basically visual creatures.

MARY_torre's picture
MARY_torre 21 November, 2015 - 15:46

I think the human body have a lot of amazing facts.I know that we can survive two days without water , and seven without food. Also, I remember that human bones are stronger than granito. Finally , women take longer to Burn Fat than men.

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 20 November, 2015 - 14:11

I know a bit amazing fact about human's body.
The brain consumes the amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb and nerve signals to and from the brain can travel 273 km a hour.
Our heart is incredible, it pumps about 7570 litres of blood through our bodies everyday. Although the heart has almost nothing to do with feelings, it is said to be the symbol of love.:)

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 22 November, 2015 - 06:07

Hi giang!
Amazing, you're like a walking library!
Science, Music, Literature, South East Asia…..
Hmm... insightful!

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 22 November, 2015 - 13:36

No no, I am not excellent as you thought. I only know a bit about fields. Our knowledge is just a raindrop of a ocean and just a star of the universe.
Elsa007 is like a librarian who has the key to the library.:D

borja98olvera's picture
borja98olvera 19 November, 2015 - 21:27

I know that when you are sleeping and you wake up in a fright is because your brain think that you're dying

malak199991's picture
malak199991 23 September, 2015 - 17:57

I know that the length of the both hands from shoulders to the fingers equal the same length of the body ,Except the basketball players