Listen to the conversation about the human body and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you know any amazing facts about the human body?

Comments

ivantorre99's picture
ivantorre99 10 December, 2015 - 20:59

I am very surprised because I did not know that there were so many body cells. Did you know that a nap of 20 minutes is good for our health. In fact, we help to improve our concentration, mood and productivity.

Ken's picture
Ken 11 December, 2015 - 10:20

Hey ivantorre! I know that 20min. nap (particularly in the afternoon) is good for our health!
Did you know how long a person's DNA is when it is stretched?
It's 2.5million time around the earth!! A great mystery in our body!!

Aitorze's picture
Aitorze 9 December, 2015 - 23:11

In my case I find it very interesting that something like bacteria are so useful and necessary to live and that most of the cells are atoms empty , air or nothing. Another interesting factor is that when you look at someone you love, your pupils dilate and when you look at someone you hate,occur the same. Also, an interesting fact is that foot thumbs have two bones
, while others have three bones.

Ken's picture
Ken 10 December, 2015 - 06:32

Wow, interesting! In that sense, nobody tells if sb loves me or hates me by judging their eyes?! I always tend to think the former, cause I'm a kind of optimist!
◖ฺ|´⌣`*|◗·˳♪⁎˚♫

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 10 December, 2015 - 01:42

Hi Aitorze. I didn't know that about the big toe (that it only has two bones). That is interesting. Thanks for sharing :)
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

xesco10olvera's picture
xesco10olvera 3 December, 2015 - 15:26

We need sleep at least eight hours to stay good all day until when you go to bed next day. We have 7 octillian cells in our bodys.

marta_diaz's picture
marta_diaz 1 December, 2015 - 15:20

I know some things about the human body, for example that 75% of our body weight is water or that people are morning 1cm higher than in the evenings.

mylilimine's picture
mylilimine 12 September, 2016 - 11:41

I know it, too. In the evenings we are smaller than in the morning because the gravity power crumples up us. I think that science, specially biology, is amazing!

mbamarina99's picture
mbamarina99 26 November, 2015 - 21:04

I know some interesting facts about the human body. For example, if we join all the blood vessels in our body, it would measure about 97,000 km.

Ken's picture
Ken 29 November, 2015 - 05:38

Wow, it's longer than making the double circuit of the equator!!
Oh, I feel the universe in my body!!
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

fatimamz_98's picture
fatimamz_98 24 November, 2015 - 18:33

I know one amazing fact : A woman's ovaries contain nearly half a million ovules, but only 400 have the opportunity to create a new life.

Goliath12's picture
Goliath12 24 November, 2015 - 16:48

Did you know that blood travels through the whole body and come back to the heart with only a heart pump. In addition, you need to breath by your nasal to enter a clean air to your body. Also, the small intestine is 5 metres long if it is straight, but because it takes a loopy shape in our body it looks much smaller than that.

taniamarquez's picture
taniamarquez 24 November, 2015 - 14:46

Something amazing the human body, some people can do forms with language and those people they know how to do if your parents know it.

diegomedina99's picture
diegomedina99 23 November, 2015 - 16:51

I am very surprised about the fact that the evolution of the use of our hands because they were other feet. However, we were able to walk on two legs and now we use our hands for catching objects and writing, the most important activities for the humanity. CR7 BALON DE ORO.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 24 November, 2015 - 02:41

Hi. Do you know the English name for that? It's called the Golden Ball. But because it's a French award, we also use the name in French (Ballon d'Or).

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

campanilla's picture
campanilla 22 November, 2015 - 15:21

The eyes receive approximately 90 percent of all information processed by the brain, making us basically visual creatures.

MARY_torre's picture
MARY_torre 21 November, 2015 - 15:46

I think the human body have a lot of amazing facts.I know that we can survive two days without water , and seven without food. Also, I remember that human bones are stronger than granito. Finally , women take longer to Burn Fat than men.