Look at the essay and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

Are video games really a good way to keep fit? What do you think?

Comments

Papili's picture
Papili 31 August, 2017 - 19:35

Nowadays video games are so popular and many teenagers play them, I think that playing video games is really fun but palying real sports is more better because of some reasons.
first of all, we can't be a professional player if we play a sport only in the game because we can't learn it completely in the correct way. In my opinion video games can be addictive
and stop us from activities that are more important than wining a game.
In addition having face-to-face interaction with our friends is better for our well-bieng because we need to improve our social skills by meeting our friends and speaking to them.
To sum up, I believe that video games can be useful and enjoyable for us if we use them in a normal way, because It's a fun way of doing exercises, mostly when you can't go and play outside, but playing sports outside is better for our health.

24423890's picture
24423890 20 July, 2017 - 11:14

Some people think that video games are a good way to keep fit but I don’t think so because of following reasons.
Firstly, I think that playing video games is a kind of low intensity activity. In fact, most of the time, players often seat or have not much move. So, I think it will not burn much calories to keep you fit or have any benefit for your circulatory system.
Secondly, you will not be interested in video games for quite a long time. You can say “why not” because video games have many different kinds or you can play with people all over the world. However, the things that keep you be interested in a game, in my opinion, is your partners, or your team. Just when you play sports in real, I mean that you have face-to-face communication and interaction, you’ll have this feeling. Also, I think you know clearly that, you have to exercise frequently to keep your body fit so may be video games are not going to work.
Moreover, some people choose video games because it’s not affected by the weather condition. It’s true but it’s the same with doing exercise or playing sports. There’re many indoor sports such as badminton, volleyball, basketball, football... You can also do exercise right in your house obviously. So why don’t you choose doing exercise or playing sports instead?
In conclusion, I agree that video games are interesting and quite fun but I don’t think it’s a good way to keep you fit. You can choose any kind of exercise or sport that you like and suits you best but the most importance thing is you should do it regularly to make your body fit.
Thanks.

Seba9441's picture
Seba9441 6 June, 2017 - 10:07

When I was a little kid I actaully began to sweat, while playing Wii video games.
I would recommend people to do this, but I would myself rather go outside and be active. But if people don't like bad weather and they live a place where there is bad weather all the time it's a good way to stay fit.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 4 June, 2017 - 01:48

Playing video games becomes very popular in 90s in my country.Everything has pros and cons.First of all,I would like to tell advantage of playing video games.It can help u connect with people around the world.U can communicate with by sitting on a chair.Even ur fri is far away from u,u can also play with him.Some of the games are based on World War.We can learn history from it.On the other hand,there's many disadvantages of them.Playing video games will make u unhealthy.Sitting for a long time will trouble ur back and joints.Seeing bright screen for hours make u near sight.Furthermore,it can turn u coach potato.Even if u can connect people around the world,they are not ur real friend.They are just on eletrical device.We can't trust them like ur best friend.And playing video games will bring u communication and social problems.In my opinion,playing outside is the best one.U can talk ur friends each other.Physical exercise can make u fit and breathe fresh air.There's no more back and joint problems,eye sight problems and coach potato,if u play outside.So for me,playing outside is the best.

MyStudyCoachJonas's picture
MyStudyCoachJonas 25 May, 2017 - 23:15

I like the Wii console, my favourites games are the sports games but I think that is important to do sport to be fit and have a good physical condition.
All Sundays I go to do sport in my parcour class.

Godofuniverse's picture
Godofuniverse 17 May, 2017 - 12:25

I think it depends depends on the person and the people around her, because sugar are games with a limitation can be interesting because you meet many people from different countries to practice and learn English and others, also do not think it be many hours since otherwise you lose people in real life and I think it should be a medium to play games with friends and stayed with friends. It depends on the person I think would be good.

gncmrm's picture
gncmrm 5 May, 2017 - 09:59

Hi everyone,
First of all, I think that some people thought that there are a small number of people that play videogames, this is what, sometimes the fathers say. But they don't know, that there ara a lot of people that play videogames nowadays.
I think that videogames are good for the people. One positive point is that videogames are a method of entertainment, but there is some people that plays all the day and this are not a entertainment it turns into a bad habit to the person.
Another positive point, I think, that some videogames can teach you with a different way, for exemple some shooting games have a previous history with the World War and others. And you, playing it can learn the history.
In addition, i think that when a person took the videogames with a bad habit will have a eyesight with others points for exemple the point that they could turn into a fat person because this person don't do fit. Speaking about that (the issue of the article), I think that If you play a sporty game, for exemple the basic games of the Wii Console, you can do exercise with these games. But by other hand, if you go out to do sport somewhere you can do a good exercise, and you could disconect of the screen and the house.

To sum up, sorry for go up and up with the comment but I think that i have to detail the things that I don't like.

Gerard

francarrioncmrm16's picture
francarrioncmrm16 5 May, 2017 - 09:57

I think that do exercise inside using an active gaming is sometimes better than do the exercise outside, because if your friends are far away, is complicated to go with they, so play with video games is better because if the game is online you can play anytime with your friends and you can plug-in a webcam and play like you are next to the friend.

PaulS's picture
PaulS 5 May, 2017 - 09:48

I think that meet friends outside is better than play video games. In my opinion, it's not very weel for the children to stay in front of a screen all the day, because it cause eyes and back problems and addition so a lot of teens don't meet they're friends because they're playing video games. Some people think is better to go outside with your friends, to meet they or to do exercice because to play all the day causes so many problems. I belive that the video games are good to socializing with other people that in other places of the world and know new cultures, and in a rainy day when you can't go outside you can play video games.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 20 July, 2017 - 18:38

Well, if it isn't Thomas!! I remember watching that cartoon as a kid.
They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight.
Shunting trucks and hauling sleight.
Red and green and brown and blue,
They're the really useful crew!
All with different roles to play,
Round tinmount sheds or far away.
I've forgotten the rest. It's been so long. It's just... Nostalgic. Ha, I guess I haven't changed much. My mum used to scold me then and still... When I watch Pokemon!!! ✌

Ken's picture
Ken 7 May, 2017 - 13:25

I agree with you, Thomas the Tank Engine!
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.。₀:*゚✲゚*:₀。

Meet the Thomas and Friends ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
& Day out with Thomas! ☝( ◠‿◠ )☝

GerardMasdeu's picture
GerardMasdeu 5 May, 2017 - 09:45

In my opinion i think the type of games like just dance that forces to move to make points and win the game are losing popularity because the are other games that are more fun and you dont have to stan up of the sit.

gfrancesch16's picture
gfrancesch16 5 May, 2017 - 09:35

I think that playing outside your house is much better than play video games. At first place, it is bad for your eyes and it can give you headache if you are looking the screen all the time. But if you don't play a lot of time is pretty good to play online with your friends for a time. But you don't have to play a lot of time with videogames, you have to go outside your house, meet your friends and have a good time.

Linhhoang's picture
Linhhoang 9 January, 2017 - 02:46

In my oppinion, i think that playing outside is much better than video games. Firstly, it is not good for your eyes if you pay attention in the desktop, it takes you eyestrain and with a longtime can make you near sighted.. in addition, it is not real, so maybe you are good in games. But in the fact, you dont know how to play it well outside. And if you play outside, you can breath the clearly air and act more so it is very good for your healthy.

booksworm's picture
booksworm 28 October, 2016 - 21:28

In my opinion some kind of video games can be of help for lazy people. For example PokemonGo became really popular last summer and pushed lots of "gamers" to go out and find pokemons. The same happened when Wii Fit first came out. Playing a video game isn't the same as going out and running, or playing volleyball or swimming, but it's at least something. A small step to become more and more fit.

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 22 February, 2016 - 09:57

Could someone tell me what type of video game is a good way to keep fit? Or popular? I'd like to know it more.☆

shaima's picture
shaima 20 February, 2016 - 21:43

In my view video games are not really good way to keep fit. Someone can not play them them all time because that one will got bored. But doing various sports are always active and much more healthy.

shaima's picture
shaima 20 February, 2016 - 21:35

Well, I'd prefer doing various sports outside home because they are more active for body and mind. While video games may affect our mind badly or make our body lazy.

vieht's picture
1961x
vieht 23 September, 2015 - 03:30

I also think that doing exercises at home is a good idea, imagine if outside is so contaminated! Ugh
Also, you can play whatever you want, if you get bored with something you can change everyday. Great!

hossam's picture
hossam 12 July, 2015 - 04:17

i agree his opining already mention in that essay but we should meeting for playing in real live because the encourage us for go deep down for our relationship.
be honest with you i am one who don't deal with video games .

sssaleh's picture
1907x
sssaleh 8 July, 2015 - 23:27

In my opinion ,active viedeo games are not enough to keep fit ., we need to play sports out side home
that well help us to meet a new freinds and learn us how work as a team . In addition we need to breath afrish air.
But if the weather is bad ,we dont have another choose rather than stay at home and play active games.

leevica's picture
leevica 4 June, 2015 - 05:01

Video games are atractive so the active video games are both atractive and good for your health. It's a good way to keep fit and you can do it indoor. So convinient!

MakaKun's picture
MakaKun 23 February, 2015 - 13:33

So i'm spending the most of my time on computer games. I play games where you don't need to move your body alot.. Are there special things you should do to not hurt your back as much as you do while sitting in your chair.. Back problems is a normal problem with kids nowadays and a good way to fix your back hurt would really help them as well as myself.

MakaKun's picture
MakaKun 19 February, 2015 - 10:22

Can't really understand how its good for your health to play games... I play games really often maybe because i'm not in a sport that i don't understand?

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 19 February, 2015 - 14:35

Hi MakaKun,
The article refers to 'active video games' like the ones where you do a sport or dance. These video games are probably better for you than just sitting on the sofa.
What type of games do you play?
Best wishes, Jo.

chitabby's picture
chitabby 22 November, 2014 - 04:45

please help me writing an essay : what are advantages and disadvantages of working in the same place as other members of your family? give reaseon or examples to support your opinion?

Fnm123's picture
Fnm123 9 November, 2014 - 23:40

Well nowadays all of most of the kids not only teenagers uses videogames so for them it is good to keep feed on them, but their mother of father are not in accordance because they pass all the time there and they don't socializing.

First of all, i think that video games are a good way of keep fit and in an other way it isn't. It is because i think that the video games sometimes have games that can help your mind and they are some of them that you have to stand up in front of the tv or video game and do what the game is asking you to do.

In addition, some people think that the video games are bad for us because we don' t socialize and we don't do what other guys do, play football on streets, or talk with friends, etc. and that is why i can also think that they are bad and don't keep fit.

To sum up, i believe that video games are so so, because they are a good way to keep fit doing exercise in your house. But you can't do exercises with friends.