Listen to the conversation about the human body and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you know any amazing facts about the human body?

Comments

hgsmf's picture
hgsmf 17 August, 2016 - 02:54

I know two amazing facts which are 1. Sweat doesn’t smell bad. A stinky “body odour” is caused when the skin bacteria feed on sweat. Their waste products are what smell bad!
2. Just one drop of blood contains about 10,000 while blood cells and 250,000 platelets

llamharoro's picture
llamharoro 2 May, 2016 - 09:29

Well, when we have a idea, our brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb !
Yeah, now I can understand why in the film, when the character have an idea, on their head have a light bulb :)))

Ken's picture
Ken 5 February, 2016 - 13:30

Did you know every human has a tennis court in his or her body. Guess what? The average surface area of the human lungs is almost equivalent to the surface area of a tennis court.
(# `)3')▃▃▃▅▆▇▉

Ken's picture
Ken 4 February, 2016 - 12:06

Did you know
1) on a clear night ,the human eye can see between 2000 to 3000 stars in the sky?
2) People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen compared to paper?

jimm9x's picture
jimm9x 4 February, 2016 - 08:38

About 98 percent of our DNA is the same as Gorilla, so I believe that why they're very intelligent.

Ken's picture
Ken 31 January, 2016 - 15:00

Spesking of bananas, I've heard that bananas and gingers are the same kind!
(ノ*'ω'*)ノ彡┻━┻

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 28 January, 2016 - 15:51

Obviously, bananas are different from human bodies. What about the similarity ? 50% of human DNA is the same as a banana.

Ken's picture
Ken 29 January, 2016 - 15:28

Wow… Bananas and human have the same root?
I've got some classmates who have allergy to bananas, on the other hand, I like banana. Might this show that my DNA need more banana cells?? Anyway, I think 90% of Mr.Hormer's DNA is the same as a banana! !
(≧ڡ≦*)

sona's picture
sona 24 January, 2016 - 11:56

I was impressed by the fact that most of the atoms are only empty space ,just air or nothinges and if it took it out our body would be very small. This way we are empty. It is rediculous.

ivantorre99's picture
ivantorre99 10 December, 2015 - 20:59

I am very surprised because I did not know that there were so many body cells. Did you know that a nap of 20 minutes is good for our health. In fact, we help to improve our concentration, mood and productivity.

Ken's picture
Ken 11 December, 2015 - 10:20

Hey ivantorre! I know that 20min. nap (particularly in the afternoon) is good for our health!
Did you know how long a person's DNA is when it is stretched?
It's 2.5million time around the earth!! A great mystery in our body!!

Aitorze's picture
Aitorze 9 December, 2015 - 23:11

In my case I find it very interesting that something like bacteria are so useful and necessary to live and that most of the cells are atoms empty , air or nothing. Another interesting factor is that when you look at someone you love, your pupils dilate and when you look at someone you hate,occur the same. Also, an interesting fact is that foot thumbs have two bones
, while others have three bones.

Ken's picture
Ken 10 December, 2015 - 06:32

Wow, interesting! In that sense, nobody tells if sb loves me or hates me by judging their eyes?! I always tend to think the former, cause I'm a kind of optimist!
◖ฺ|´⌣`*|◗·˳♪⁎˚♫

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 10 December, 2015 - 01:42

Hi Aitorze. I didn't know that about the big toe (that it only has two bones). That is interesting. Thanks for sharing :)
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

xesco10olvera's picture
xesco10olvera 3 December, 2015 - 15:26

We need sleep at least eight hours to stay good all day until when you go to bed next day. We have 7 octillian cells in our bodys.

marta_diaz's picture
marta_diaz 1 December, 2015 - 15:20

I know some things about the human body, for example that 75% of our body weight is water or that people are morning 1cm higher than in the evenings.

mylilimine's picture
mylilimine 12 September, 2016 - 11:41

I know it, too. In the evenings we are smaller than in the morning because the gravity power crumples up us. I think that science, specially biology, is amazing!

mbamarina99's picture
mbamarina99 26 November, 2015 - 21:04

I know some interesting facts about the human body. For example, if we join all the blood vessels in our body, it would measure about 97,000 km.

Ken's picture
Ken 29 November, 2015 - 05:38

Wow, it's longer than making the double circuit of the equator!!
Oh, I feel the universe in my body!!
ヽ(´ー`)ノ