Sam sees Fred's girlfriend with another boy. Should he tell Fred? How will Fred react?

Should you tell your friend if you think their boyfriend or girlfriend is cheating on them?

Comments

Stasiia_Ukr's picture
Stasiia_Ukr 21 October, 2020 - 18:55

Maybe, I will tell my friend all my thoughts and then I'll ask him to keep calm and realiase all that I saw.

Moony's picture
Moony 29 August, 2020 - 16:07

I think that if you had the enough evidence of it you should tell him. But if you aren't complete sure just tell him that you find her with someone else that look like if they are childhood friends.

Shelle's picture
Shelle 26 August, 2020 - 15:36

Yes, couse I think that if I don't do it, in the future he would feel worse. Is better finish with her.

empty's picture
empty 13 May, 2019 - 08:31

when Sam told Fred whats going on , Fred's face was like he sat on a needle !!!!!!! ☺☺☺

Batgirl's picture
Batgirl 7 December, 2018 - 20:21

At first, I think I should figure out is that really true that my friend's boyfriend or girlfriend are cheating on him or her(either I will have the same situation as in the video and feel awkward) And if it turns out to be true, I'd tell, of course.

Yashachi's picture
Yashachi 16 July, 2017 - 11:46

I've found out that there was a different phrasel verb in this lesson. In the video the speaker said "messing about" but in the "Practise your phrasel verbs- gap fill" it turns to "messing around". Is the meaning of these two phrasel verbs difference?

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 17 July, 2017 - 14:23

Hi Yashachi! Thanks for pointing this out. We didn't mean to confuse you! 'Messing about' and 'messing around' both mean exactly the same thing. We'll have a good look at this page and see if it needs updating to make it clearer. Thanks and best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

Yashachi's picture
Yashachi 16 July, 2017 - 11:36

Hi English Team,
I have a question that is not relate to the lesson: what is the different between "some time" and "sometimes"? I'm quite confused about that. Thank you for your assistant.

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 17 July, 2017 - 14:34

OK, let's see ... 'Sometimes' means occasionally. It can tell people how regularly or how often you do something.
I don't like swimming in the sea but I go to the pool sometimes.
I like reading in bed but sometimes I'm so tired I go straight to sleep.

'Some time' means a period of time. It is often used to suggest a long period of time.
We've been thinking about moving house for some time.
This homework is quite complicated so it will take some time.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer! :) Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 11 June, 2017 - 11:03

I most probably would tell my friend. But after confirming, of course. Who wants to get into a row because of some dumb misunderstanding? :)))

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 18 April, 2017 - 03:10

Hi Elsa. I might say 'without getting into a row' or 'without it turning into a row'. :)
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 18 April, 2017 - 01:04

Yes, that's true.
Why can't your friend trust you? Maybe it's because you guys might not have good communications. Sometimes boys believe that they can get trust without words; it's true, so if a mis-trust happens, you need to talk with each other w/o getting afraid of a row.
Misunderstanding ought to be understood in your trust. :))
Do you all think so??

baroonmlk's picture
baroonmlk 4 December, 2016 - 15:38

i would never tell my friend about what i had seen !!!!!
what if it was all some kind of misundrestanding ???? i would never take the risk .

linolo09's picture
linolo09 30 September, 2016 - 07:32

Of course you should tell them! They might be willing to forgive them but them not knowing will make it all worse. They at least have a right to know about it.

GiangLe's picture
GiangLe 3 September, 2016 - 11:33

Of course! He/she should know what happen. But I also advise him/her to find out the truth before deciding to do anything, or he/she will regret very badly about it.

Svetlana273645's picture
Svetlana273645 18 July, 2016 - 17:05

You should tell them because your friend should know everything. Whether you do not say to him or to her they will not trust you anymore. It will have a negative on the relationship with your friend.