Listen to the speakers talking about their favourite films and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.
Topics:

Have you seen any good films recently? Tell us about them!

Comments

akabane001's picture
-8x
akabane001 11 September, 2017 - 15:18

i think they dance quite good. You can try to see it . It is a 4-minute video which is called " Bống bống bang bang".

Brendita's picture
Brendita 1 November, 2016 - 21:03

I like romantic comedies, action movies and vampire movies but I do not like horror movies because then imagined that everything that happens there for me.

hgsmf's picture
hgsmf 20 August, 2016 - 02:56

I have seen Bicentennial Man, it is science fiction comedy-drama film, starring Robin Williams . The story is about robot in which a family bought it and called it Andrew, he loved this family so much especially their little daughter , he became sad when anyone from this family die, as time passed he changed himself to a human look but he could not feel,eat,drink or taste the food and he has no heart or brain . He was separated from this family because he took from them his freedom. Several years passed as he tried to found the girl who he loved then he found her but she was older and died . He became very sad for her death but he loved her daughter as she looked like her and he wanted to change himself to a complete human he want to feel,eat,live like any human and in the end die , also he wanted to take the court's decision that he is human to marry her . Finally he succeed to be a full human who has a heart to feel , brain to think and stomach to eat and taste the food and when the time came to listen to the court's decision that he is a human unfortunately he died before listening also his love decided to end her life.

crystal1511's picture
crystal1511 23 April, 2016 - 10:11

I watched an amazing film called "The fault in our stars" by John Green. The story talked about love of two two people, both of them have cancer disease. At the first time, the boy felt in love with the girl, after that he also brought her to Amsterdam where she longing for it. I recommend you guys watch this film and share your opinion with me

mylilimine's picture
mylilimine 24 September, 2016 - 13:15

I saw this film too. I think it is very sad. I crayed a lot. It is an amazing movie. Have you seen "Avatar"? It is a science fiction film. In 2017 it is going to put the second part in all the cinemas.

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 6 May, 2016 - 11:45

Hi,
I have both English and Vietnamese version of the book " The faults in our stars"
Objectively, the film was a big success and received a lot of compliments. But this doesn't mean it is perfect. Personally, I felt a bit disappointed as it didn't come up to my expectation. There are some quite striking contrast between the book and the film, specially when Hazel talked to herself , it sounded like an audio books. Although I deeply understand Issac's agony ( sadness + depression ), I didn't approve his throwing eggs at Monica's car. Not a good deed.

Moreover, the phrase " The fault in our star " was only mentioned just one time ( in Houten's letter which was sent to Augustus) but becoming the title of the book. I don't get it. ( I tried to guess the deep meaning, but it seemed that my own theory didn't suit the message that John wanted to convey )

And, I didn't agree when John gave Hazel a chance to live ( by inventing Phalanxifor- a product of imagination ), he fostered a sense of optimistic and upbeat in readers, but unluckily, he destroyed my hope when letting Augustus pass away so quickly, John wrote that Gus had 80% to live, but finally, he belonged to the rest 20%. :(((

I appreciate the Gus's final letter sent to Houten, but I prefered he wrote a happy ending for Hazel's favourite book instead of expressing how much he loved her.

crystal1511's picture
crystal1511 7 May, 2016 - 13:39

Hi Giang,
I don't like the end of the film either because of Gus's death. In the beginning of it, I thought that Hazel would have passed away sooner than her boyfriend (I absolutely don't hope She dies but She was really weakness and often went to hospital). For me, I like the way the author created his character Gus. Gus has a great personality that every girl dreams of having a boyfriend like hers. Maybe I watched that film once so I could not remember another the details :( I will read this book if I have time :) Thanks for your sharing.

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 8 May, 2016 - 11:17

yes. you are right. Gus was very great. But it seemed that he fell in love with Hazel too quickly ( with the speed of an arrow ) as if he wanted to attend a marathon contest ( in an effort to achieve a girlfriend ?! ). If I met a person like him, I would be very panic instead of happy.

If you have more time, I recommend another John's work : " Paper town ". Quite interesting.

Ken's picture
Ken 8 May, 2016 - 15:47

Hi giang,
Falling in love with Hazel too quickly with the speed of an arrow?
I think there are some people who live in full blast tend to have strong intuition on which they can rely.
Or he might just know he was close to death. I don't know....
You know what? "Often you have to rely on intuition" !
(∩`ω´)⊃))

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 9 May, 2016 - 10:22

Hi, Ken
Gus said that Hazel looked like his old girl friend, that might be the reason.
uhmmmmm.......I don't know, " strong intuition", you meaned Gus loved Hazel because of strong intuition ?. But, Hazel was not very pretty,{ she had fat chipmunked cheeks ( side effect of Phalanxifor ). }

Yes, I get your advice " Often you have to rely on intuition", but I am short sight and have to wear glasses :))). ( Is your advice a metaphor ?!!!) hehe ( Ô-Ô )

Ken's picture
Ken 15 May, 2016 - 15:26

Hi gianggian!
I think Gus actually got happy feelings when he met Hazel who had acerbic wits and straightforwardness, which were more meaningful to him rather than her appearance (!?). I didn't read the book, so I'm not sure the details though...
You know what, ”Man, surrounded by facts, permitting himself no surprise, no intuitive flash, no great hypothesis, no risk, is in a locked cell. Ignorance cannot seal the mind and imagination more securely.”-Albert Einstein

Ken's picture
Ken 7 May, 2016 - 00:10

Hi giang
I see your point, indeed. The ending somewhere reminded me of 'Titanic'..... Men are fragile but beautiful!!?
‎٩(๑꒦ິȏ꒦ິ๑)۶

Ken's picture
Ken 23 April, 2016 - 14:52

Hello crystal1511
I've just watched a trailer. Is it a sad story? Oh no..., I hope it's a romantic story...
'The fault in our stars'.... sounds very profound. If one can be sure to be connected to the right person among hundreds of millions of people, that's the dog's bollocks!
(੭ ˃̣̣̥ ω˂̣̣̥)੭ु⁾⁾

crystal1511's picture
crystal1511 24 April, 2016 - 10:36

I think it's both romantic and sad story. They had a beautiful love before the boy died. I really appreciate him. He's such a humorous and optimistic person. The film also has a lot of meanings that you can feel it by yourself. You should watch this film right now and see how they confront with their cancer. Hope you like it!

Ken's picture
Ken 25 April, 2016 - 14:05

Thanks for the comment!
I think I need a courage to watch the film, cuz you know, I'm easily moved to tears, especially, a sad story.
In fact, I had a few friends and people I respect who passed away due to cancer and other reasons. That happened all of a sudden but they were bearing up in front of us. So I'm sure I'll cry when I watch the film!! I wonder if my GF watch it with me.......
(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

crystal1511's picture
crystal1511 24 April, 2016 - 10:54

I watched that video a couple months ago. It's a famous book and Emma Watson brought me to this one.Have you watched this film yet?

lovegood's picture
lovegood 15 April, 2016 - 11:39

Recently, I watched a famous film in Indonesia "Laskar Pelangi" (that means The Rainbow Troops). The film is based on book by Andrea Hirata with the same title.

The story is about 10 children (They call themselves "Laskar Pelangi") from the poor family who school at Muhammadiyah School in Belitung (in Sumatra Island). The Children really wanna get the best education in their life under the guidience of Bu Mus (Mrs. Mus, their teacher). But, one day their school is going to be closed if the new student in the next school year less of 10 . So, the 10 children struggle to make their school not to be closed with making many best achievements for their school. Although, they have a lot of hurdles. Even one of the 10 children named Lintang must ride his bike as long as 80 km from his home to arrive at the school and through the brook where a big crocodile lives.

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 4 October, 2016 - 11:51

I haven't had a chance to watch that film, but I read that book some months ago. The book is thought-provoking,full of love and tears, the gap between the rich and poor.I felt sorry for Lintang- the smartest student but he had to drop out of school because of poverty. I also admired two courageous teachers who never lose enthusiasm for teaching. This book also helped me discovered cuture of Indonasian on Belitong island.
By the way, Lintang had to ride his bike as long as 40 km from his home to school.

Ken's picture
Ken 15 April, 2016 - 13:42

Wow...! 80 kilometers by bike??How long would it take??
‎=͟͟͞͞٩(๑☉ᴗ☉)੭ु⁾⁾

mavis2002's picture
mavis2002 18 March, 2016 - 16:31

ehm....i love english film and animations becuase they have so much fun and points to now and learn .
i pass my english exams so hard but when i think about it i hear that film or animation i whatch help me so much .

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 11 February, 2016 - 09:10

" Yellow flowers on the green grass" is a book written by NNAnh, last year, It was made into film and garnered many achivements.It was a phenomenon in Vietnam.
The main characters of the film were three children: Tuong, Thieu and Man. Tuong is a tolerant and innocient boy, he loved books, loved taking care of people and had a dream of becoming a prince. So he brought up a frog. Thieu was Tuong' older brother, contrary to Tuong's personality, Thieu was very mean, jealous and seflfish. He felt annoyed when seeing Man ( the girl that he secrectly loved) playing with Tuong. Thieu couldn't hide his feelings and finally, he had some bad behavior with his younger brother.( Un)fortunatly, Tuong knew nothing.

Meanwhile, Man's house was destroyed by fire and her mother was accused of killing her husband, so Man 's mum had to go to prison. Being defeated by shocks, Man had a miserble time and she was adopted by Tuong's family.

After that, a natural disaster attacked the village where three children were living, the famine occured.....

After watching pains of people living around him, Thieu himself realized cruelty in his character and felt regretful. He became thousand times painful, sorrowful and regretful when Man said that she was always admired and wanted to play with him.

sallysunner's picture
sallysunner 16 January, 2016 - 12:39

My favorite films are always Harry Potter ones :) They have taught me a lot about friendship, love, family , living and death. I can watch them every day if I have time :) They're so amazing!!!!!
Proud to be a Potterhead :)

hannaanh's picture
hannaanh 7 January, 2016 - 15:30

Do you know detective Conan? I know you all know. Recently, I watched Conan movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno, it's very nice. Conan is the main character, of course. There are 8 pictures of Van Gogh. He draws 8 pictures of sunflowers but 8 pictures is gone. Years later they find the second picture and they auction that picture and Sonoko's uncle ( I don't remember his name ) got it. He open exhibition with 8 pictures ( 7 pictures in another exhibition ) and Kid appear. Then have many curcumstances occur but I don't tell you any more because it will spoil. You should watch it! ^^