Listen to the conversation about how to study better and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

What things stop you from working? What can you do to study better?

Comments

MRTdf03's picture
MRTdf03 28 October, 2016 - 14:35

I think I get distracted and waste time because I use my phone to send messages and call my friends.
I get distracted because I go into the kitchen many times to eat. For me music isn't a distraction but when I study History or I have to revise subjects I don't listen to music.

dieuai's picture
dieuai 28 October, 2016 - 13:06

Surfing the Internet such as facebook stops me from working...I can stop surfing the Internet ,I can walk around garden of my house to study better..

Halia_04's picture
Halia_04 19 October, 2016 - 20:05

For me is complicated to study when I put my cell phone near me, because when I am "tired" of to study I catch it and waste my time

I put my cell phone on silence. I put near of me a coffee (because I'm a sleepy person) and sometimes I put too a cake and each time that I learn something of the things that I need to study I eat a little bit

jumong's picture
jumong 2 October, 2016 - 11:40

I am often in this situation. Everytime I read magazine on the internet over 30 minutes, I start off a working but end up other else.
So I will try to spend less 10 minutes to read magazine

Imanol2001's picture
Imanol2001 1 October, 2016 - 22:45

I used to listen to music to study but now I can't concentrate with music . Well It depends on what subject you study
for instance when I study mathematics I can concetrate very well with music but when I study biology or other subjects I need turn off music or my mobile phone

the_alchemist's picture
the_alchemist 20 August, 2016 - 18:46

My mobile and noise come from outside stop me from work. I can study better by turning my phone off and closing all windows.

ealkan's picture
ealkan 20 August, 2016 - 06:54

If you want be a good student you must study hard; If you want study hard you must be concentrate.
-No PC
-No smart phone
-No pet
-No too much friends :)

Ken's picture
Ken 1 August, 2016 - 07:37

No excuse and I just do it!
( つ•̀ω•́)つ・・*:・:・゜:==≡≡Σ=͟͟͞͞(✡)`Д´)

VietAnhh's picture
VietAnhh 30 July, 2016 - 17:09

i stop working when people take noise or someone talk.
i think we can find a peaceful place.
- turn off phone and computer
- have a note for write
- each 30 minutes we should relax
- have a cold drink
( thanks ^^)

anwar2000's picture
anwar2000 20 July, 2016 - 17:22

Hello every one , hello team
I think of my opinion there are some things work to wasting time during the study , for example , and I speak about myself , The electric cutting this the main reason in the wasting time , and too finding cell phone , if the TV turn on will work to stop studying . so that I agree with mother's Tom when she give her son that advice's to study hard.
best regards
anwar2000

Dorww's picture
Dorww 19 July, 2016 - 13:39

Thinking too much, stress or internet stop me working. To study better, may i have to change my mind in time :P

Svetlana273645's picture
Svetlana273645 17 July, 2016 - 15:28

Hello Valeria,
I agree with your tips. as for animals I hardly recommend you not to have a pet because you will need to pay attention to it and the animals will need care. and whereas we have school we always snowed under with work.

Svetlana273645's picture
Svetlana273645 17 July, 2016 - 15:21

The first thing which always stops me from working are all the electronic devices. Secondly, the music which i listen when i do exercises. Whether you want to study better, you just turn off all your devices which will disturb you whereas doing your exercises or homework.

Ken's picture
Ken 29 June, 2016 - 14:06

Sports match!
Once the big tournament starts, I'm glued to the telly! But I don't think I'm wasting my time, I just enjoy it,
(ノ*'ω'*)ノ彡┻━┻

JorgeZar's picture
JorgeZar 28 June, 2016 - 19:14

Wo it is a difficult question to answer, but I would say that nowadays the smartphones are a typical problem for student, especial for me, because all the time I want to check out my phone. On the other hand, sometimes every 30 minutes I need to take a rest and smatphone is my alternative, but I know...I need to change my habits.

Azanor's picture
Azanor 14 May, 2016 - 10:05

Nowadays our attention can be easy dawn away by our environment, that’s why we often have troubles
with our studying. Mobile phones, pets, music, internet, social nets, and a lot of other things which can diver
our attention.
As for me, I think that there are a lot of things, which can draw away my attention while I’m studying.
For example phone messages. They are diverting my attention and, I can’t concentrate on my study.
So I’m trying to do my best and here are my tips how not to distract from studying:
1. First of all you need to turn off your music and mobile phone.
2. You mustn’t enter your social websites, chat or watch news.
3. Everything you need on your table is: a glass of water, an apple and, of course, textbooks and workbooks.
4. If you have a pet like a cat or a dog you should put it outside.
However first of all you must have a desire to make your homework well done.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 12 May, 2016 - 03:53

Hi Mohsin2000. Here are some tips!

• Read the transcript. Click on the blue 'Transcript' bar and you can read the text.
  • Don't listen just once. Listen two or three times.
  • Use the pause button. Stop sometimes so you have time to think.

If it's really too difficult, don't worry! You can go to Listening skills practice and click on A1. A1 is easier than this level (this level is A2). Good luck :)

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)