Listen to the radio interview about improving your memory and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Have you got a good memory? What do you do to help you remember things when you're studying?

Comments

AliceZ's picture
AliceZ 31 October, 2016 - 11:51

Yep I do have a good memory...about the thing I am interested in. About the ways... you can connect the thing you want to remember to something funny, like jokes. People always memrise lots of jokes, and it's easy to remember a joke, too. Try it out if you want, I have used it before.XD

juggernaut's picture
juggernaut 11 June, 2016 - 14:08

I guess ı have a good memory if I try to remember thing makes me interested in it.Because you well-informed about your interested area.You know such lot of thing that you can associate this kind of things easily in your brain.also you are used to this concepts and events.

javi8's picture
javi8 28 May, 2016 - 16:36

According with the first question, I think that I have a good memory in general, so when I studied in the higth school and during my degree I used to get good marks in subjets as Geography, History and law, where the greatest part of the subjet was theory, However when I try to remenber the birthday date of a member of my family, my girlfriend or a close fiend I'm very bad and I always forget it, also with the keys of my cars and my glasses I'm a disaster trying to remember where I put both all the mornings when I have to go to my job.

Related with the second question I haven't technique which help me to remember the lesson, I usually study aloud but I think that I should to use some techniques from the radio programm in order to get better marks in the nexts examns.

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20518x
Tina - Coordinator 29 May, 2016 - 07:26

Dear javi8,
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best wishes, Tina (LearnEnglish Teen Team)

RicardoABC's picture
RicardoABC 25 May, 2016 - 07:43

What I do to improve my memory is spending most important of what I want to learn to a blank sheet and memorize it.

PAULDELOSRIOS28's picture
PAULDELOSRIOS28 17 May, 2016 - 22:51

What I do to improve my memory is find the keywords in the text I'm reading and to remember

alimarq's picture
alimarq 13 May, 2016 - 15:09

What I do to improve my memory is find the key words in the text that I'm reading and then make an association with the meaning to make it easier to remember, using short words to remember long concepts, It works on me!

amber2003's picture
amber2003 30 April, 2016 - 19:05

the pictures in my books are the best things that i can remember everything by looking at them . just a little reminding about the picture and then ..... i will remember every thing about the lesson which was related to the picture :) :)
and if there was no picture i'll draw down my own picture with the information that i have in my mind .
it really works ..... just give it a try !!!!

Ken's picture
Ken 7 May, 2016 - 00:15

Thank you for the good tips!
I'll have a try, I'm bad at drawing though!!
꒰⁎×﹏×⁎꒱՞༘

piku99's picture
piku99 26 April, 2016 - 09:34

I have a good memory. when I am studying and learn new thing I like always loudly speak and write down in page. It is very helpful for me to good remember in memory.

sona's picture
sona 21 April, 2016 - 17:39

Yes,I think I have a good memory,especially in learning and this helps me to do well in school. I practise the technique of association,because I think it is more effective and helpful.For example when I have to memorise a date in History,I try to relate it with sb's birthday or a date that I rember well.