Listen to the conversation and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you have an ID card? When do you use it?

Comments

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 9 August, 2016 - 18:43

Hi Quocduy! An ID card is an identity card. It is used any time you need to prove who you are, like to open a bank account for example. Best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

HoangPham's picture
HoangPham 30 March, 2016 - 11:11

In vietnam, we have got a ID card when passed 13 year old. According to the old regular, ID card have 9 numbers. But now, on the new regular ID card had 12 numbers. We must be change us ID card in the next time. I don't understand why that oddly change was available.

taibc's picture
taibc 10 June, 2016 - 06:53

We use the new ID cards with 12 numbers for a unique card that possibly identify you between others. We built a national database for manage them, and in the near future you don't need to use any another documents such as: Birth certificate, certificate of land use rights,...

LeQuangThai's picture
LeQuangThai 26 February, 2016 - 04:50

Yes, i have one ID Card. in my country (Vietnam) you need an ID card to identity who you are. it's a Identity Card :)

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20520x
Tina - Coordinator 15 January, 2016 - 16:55

Hi AlvinChau,
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that as you mention your company in your comment. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best wishes, Tina (LearnEnglish Teen Team)

shamim's picture
shamim 9 January, 2016 - 14:27

No, I haven't got an ID card....in Iran usually no student hasn't got ID card until she/he goes to university. when we go to university, we'll have an ID card.
Some special schools have got an ID card for their students, but they can't use their ID card, the card hasn't got any use but university ID card is useful, for example students in university can go to Cinema House in IRAN (a special place for artists) and show their ID card and get movie tickets with half price.

yenthan's picture
yenthan 29 September, 2015 - 04:14

I have two ID cards. One I use when I come on my library school to read books or borrow and pay books without money. Others I use when I go to school, it like as regulation's my school.

Mizu's picture
Mizu 29 August, 2015 - 16:16

I have an ID card and I use it to verified myself in a lot of activities such as exam or go to some place.