Listen to the conversation about how to study better and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

What things stop you from working? What can you do to study better?

Comments

MyStudyCoachJonas's picture
MyStudyCoachJonas 26 June, 2017 - 23:09

In my opinion I think that you need to decide for yourself that you don´t get distracted and that you can listen music.

aigle's picture
aigle 12 June, 2017 - 17:50

when my mother wants me to help her, and when my sister arrives at home I can't do my work. So I listen to music or I walk in my room when I want to concentrate on my work.

daniel91815's picture
daniel91815 13 April, 2017 - 12:40

i can't study with music, and have the cellphone turn on, so always i'm going to turn it off and study better

mikiihwang's picture
1948x
mikiihwang 27 February, 2017 - 15:35

I can stop working because of my laziness, the noise around me, the tiredness and the sleepiness.
To study better, I think should pay more attention when the teachers are teaching the lessons, be more hard-working to do many exercises and practice the theory I learnt into real life.

shahzaman's picture
shahzaman 4 February, 2017 - 05:09

its good tips for concentrate on studies or do well study.
one more most tip is ,some mantel expert if you do not get break after every 45 minutes then you will not concerntrate or do well study.its good to take break after every 45 minutes

TurkishLawyer's picture
TurkishLawyer 15 January, 2017 - 17:54

I cant concerate study at home because there is a fridge that is full with foods and ı cant stop eating in no way. Also, when ı got bored ı turn on the computer and ı dont know how the time flows like a river (it is a Turkish proverb to say time has gone so fast :) ). So I go national library. There is no fridge and there are only limited computers(1 hour time limit for only using about study but not for game or leisure time) :)

Peyton's picture
Peyton 6 December, 2016 - 03:16

I need stop the noise because I don't concentrate and I need set off my cell phone because I always take it to watch messages, well for I study better I need a desk, good light, my laptop, and somethings sweets.

hadia's picture
hadia 29 November, 2016 - 13:50

Yeah. TV is a total distraction. I watch selective shows only. So it's easy for me to stay away from it.

hadia's picture
hadia 24 November, 2016 - 04:30

I love studying but usually the distraction occurs when my cousins or driends are at my home. It's natural that you dont want to study at that time and just have fun....
But I don't think it's a distraction. Rather, it's fun.

Ken's picture
Ken 20 November, 2016 - 09:53

Simple!
Have a passion for living/studying!
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ very d(*⌒▽⌒*)b good 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Ken's picture
Ken 7 December, 2016 - 13:55

⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾ ⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾ ⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾

What's your passion for, hadia??

Ken's picture
Ken 27 December, 2016 - 13:43

Ha ha, we're together, hadia! :))
‎*॰ْ✧ً⋆。˚ᎶᎾᎾⅅ (ව̐ ˒̫̮ ව̐) ℕᏐᎶℍᎢ⋆。˚*ْ✧ं॰*

baroonmlk's picture
baroonmlk 20 November, 2016 - 08:21

The best way to study and to have no distractions is to put all the stuff you need around you ( like your books , note books , things for eating ) so you don't have to leave your lessons every time you need something , so you can concentrate on your lessons better , and concentrating on your lessons can help you to finish them much earlier than expected !!!!!

Lolostar's picture
Lolostar 19 November, 2016 - 13:52

Hey, i have a question ..
He said at first: " I do not know what to do "
so the answer for the question must be (True) NOT (False)
pleas recover the answers for the questions :D

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 19 November, 2016 - 21:08

Hi Lolostar! He says, 'I don't know what to do. I start off studying but I always end up doing something else.' So his problem is not starting studying. The problem is that he soon stops studying because he starts doing something else. Does that make sense?
Best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)