Listen to the radio interview and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you sleep well? How many hours do you sleep a night?

Comments

MustafaDizman's picture
MustafaDizman 29 January, 2017 - 12:32

I strongly believe that some things in the some food make the sleeping pattern of people irregular and contain some harmful substances that people should not really eat.The purpose of some food companies is only to earn money.As a consequence,they do not care about how quality food they produce or how harmful food they generate.Thus we should be much more careful so that we could be more healthy.

butterfly19's picture
butterfly19 28 January, 2017 - 21:26

Some times I sleep very well about 8-9 hours because I do the Doctor's advices. They're so useful.
But now, I am working ( it's horrible) I go to the bed so late and wake up early :C about 6 -7 hour even 5. Really I feel like a zombie ;c I miss when I was younger and I did not have to work!

Assooma's picture
Assooma 22 January, 2017 - 16:38

Since last week my exams started so i was just sleep 4-5 hours to try studying harder but today was my last exam and my vacation started today so I can sleep 7-8 hours:)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 16 June, 2017 - 11:41

Oh, but it is dangerous, you know. Teenagers like you should get at least eight hours of sleep a day. I wonder how you manage without adequate sleep. I always suffer from headaches when I don't sleep well. I heard that sleeplessness can cause many problems at a very young age. So hadia, I suggest you try to get some good sleep. You definitely can sleep more. Ask your parents for help. I'm saying all this because I know a few people of your age who succumbed to many illnesses due to lack of sleep. So, take care!

xtreme's picture
xtreme 16 January, 2017 - 01:12

I'm on vacations so I can sleep 8-9 hours. However, While I'm in the university I sometimes sleep 4 or 3 hours. I'd like to sleep earlier, but It's impossible because of the homework. There are days where I can't sleep anything, I don't know why, but I feel terrible when that happens.

Ken's picture
Ken 8 January, 2017 - 15:17

I sometimes sleep 10 hours, but after that I can be creative.....!
(๑⃙⃘⁼̴̀◡ु⁼̴́๑⃙⃘)

hamad90's picture
hamad90 1 January, 2017 - 21:42

i work all the night so i won t sleep but thoses advives are usefuls for sleeping the moorning

mikiihwang's picture
2055x
mikiihwang 29 December, 2016 - 14:06

I dont sleep really well. i usually stay up late because i'm always interested in computer, facebook, instagram, movies... so i dont want to sleep. sometimes i thought too much so it's difficult to sleep
I always promise to myself that i'll go to bed earlier because it's good for my health, my skin but i never did.
some days i had enough sleep and some days i didnt.

nguyenvu's picture
nguyenvu 31 December, 2016 - 02:57

sometimes I don't really sleep well.My brain works very much. It makes a headache for me, I feel quite nervous then.
I also do my homework at night, maybe It made my headache more and more. and I have to take my medicine a lot.
I don't know what to do to improve my sleep.
can you share me a few solution?thank you for reading

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 2 January, 2017 - 08:15

Hi nguyenvu,
Thanks for your comment. If you have a lot of problems sleeping maybe you should talk to your parents about it, also to a doctor. It sounds like you may need some help to start sleeping properly again. Sleep is really important for a healthy life. I'm not an expert on this, but maybe keep the last hour before you go to sleep free from homework or any electronic devices. Read a good book that you enjoy and try to relax before bedtime. Is that possible?
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens team)

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 5 December, 2016 - 09:11

Photo Caption: Eye surgery followed by rest.
[Don't cast surprised eyes at me! My eyes are under construction to make them look bigger!!]
He he...zzz

Gulsen's picture
Gulsen 4 December, 2016 - 12:42

I usually sleep about 5 or 6 hours but its not enough for me. I have to sleep minimum 8 hours but I don't have enough time for sleep in a day. That's why, I always feel tired.

marcosdefotos's picture
marcosdefotos 29 November, 2016 - 10:30

You know what, my mum tells me that a good sleep helps our brain rest and be creative! It's much better than wasting time with an online friend to generate a codependent addict! What do you think?

mmitxanhso's picture
mmitxanhso 25 November, 2016 - 13:22

Well, I usually go to sleep very late. It makes me tired so much. I tried my best to go to bed earlier, but it's exactly very hard.

antonellocerbo81's picture
antonellocerbo81 11 November, 2016 - 17:40

I usually sleep 5 or 6 hours every night.
But i like sleep with radio on and sometimes with television. Often I listen to music before go to bed and of course I know that's wrong but I don't turn off my phone before I falling asleep. But to be honest I usually sleep very well most of the times.