Look at the exam question and letter and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

What's your favourite day of the week, and why?

Comments

Ahjeen's picture
-3x
Ahjeen 9 February, 2018 - 08:29

My favourite day of the week is Friday. It make me smile when I know that it is start of the weekends! In fact, it is Friday now! IO think you should always smile! That way, you can feel happy! Even if it is not your favourite day!

ladybird19's picture
ladybird19 21 January, 2018 - 21:14

I consider that Saturdays are my favourite days because I usually do lots of productive activities and hang out with friends and family all day long. On Saturdays I go to French classes from 8 to 11:40 in the morning, I return home to grab a bite and afterwards, I go to my English class that lasts 5 hours. When the class is over, I tend to eat some dinner, go to the cinema, play videogames, chat with my friends or mingle with them. It is actually hard to talk about your favorite day and all the stuff you do on it. Mmm...What else? Oh! A fun and quite disturbing fact about me on Saturdays is that every time I get in my English Academy, my stomach starts to churn. At first I didn't know why but, with time, I realized that it was a happening that took place right there that made me feel ill. A misunderstanding I had with a teacher....Anyways. I overwrote, haha.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 7 January, 2018 - 13:59

I really adore Mondays. I know, I know, Mondays are supposed to be boring and reluctant, as it is usually the end of a long-awaited weekend. But in my opinion, Monday is a day filled with curiosity and wonder. It's kinda peaceful returning to the same old schedule, with moms screaming to get me out of my bed, rushing to meet the buddies who seems to have grown old in the two-day gap, and of course, listening to the age-old lectures of the teachers. But most importantly, Monday usually acts as a second chance for our lives. It provides us with a clear definition of the mistakes we did the past week, and gives us a new chance to turn into a new leaf. And last but not the least, it signifies that we've gone through a whole week without any issues, and we still have time to climb up the ladder of success. So Mondays, here I come!
PS: It's good be back again ;))

waiting's picture
waiting 25 December, 2017 - 15:10

Hi Payam!
I'm wariting a letter about my best day in this week,however I know it's a little wierd because I can see you right now!
Of course that was sunday and our journey to Tehran. My brother goes Tehran every week, he works there and it was a good chance for us to saves transport money and do some fun with that.
But unfourtenatly it had been snowing all the way and we saw many cars accident. when we arrived Tehran my brother went to work and we went to stadium to watch the football game, both of us are Esteghlal's fan and Esteghlal was winner and made fans happy. we had a lot of fun that day.
It was the best.

IamYegane's picture
IamYegane 12 December, 2017 - 15:46

My favorite day is Thursday's afternoon. because tomorrow is Friday and I'm free ( in my country Fridays are holiday). I usually go to the English class and i meet my English teacher.I really love her. I'm so happy on 6 p.m because I see my some old friends. at 8 p.m i come home and study for my school's lessons then i play with my phone and chat with my friends. Then i sleep at 2 a.m. It's to late because i'm free and it makes me relax to sleep late on friday's nights.

Eman_'s picture
Eman_ 15 August, 2017 - 11:30

My favorite day of the week is Thursday because it's the last day of the school week. In the lunch break we all sit and eat together and never talk about homework. We can do our homework on Friday and Saturday, so we don't have to be worried.
On Thursday, my family and I go to our grandparents' house and my aunt come too. When we go home, I watch a movie with my siblings and we don't sleep before midnight.

helloclara's picture
helloclara 23 July, 2017 - 10:20

hello dani,
you asked me my favorite day of the week. well, its saturday cause on saturday i relax and i can do whatever i want. sunday is one of my favorite days too but i think saturday is better because on sunday i should sleep early because there is school on monday which day is after sunday and which is my at least favorite day. but in fact i love every day of the week.

Alluha's picture
Alluha 27 June, 2017 - 16:49

Well, my favourite day of the week? It's Friday, but not cause it's end of the week but cause I have portuguese, geography and chemistry classes, and I just love it!

ariina's picture
ariina 6 June, 2017 - 05:29

my favorite day is Friday beacause schools are closed and its weekend (for iran) therefore every body can go out and have fun.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 2 June, 2017 - 03:59

My favorite day of the week is absolutely Saturday . I don't have to go to school.I don't need to get up early & nobody disturb u from long sleep. I can do whatever I want the whole day.I can watch tv as much as I want.I can spend time with my family and friends.In the evening I always go to shopping center with my mom and help her.I do household with my mom by talking about my school life of the previous week.After that my family and I have a simple meal together.In the afternoon,I watch my favorite reality tv programs.Then I play tennis with my friends.No need to worry for tomorrow,bcoz I still have another holiday,Sunday.So I can stay late at night by watching movies.Sometimes I go to my friend's home to watch horror movie together.I love Saturday so much.I can do whatever I want.

mikiihwang's picture
2055x
mikiihwang 24 May, 2017 - 10:22

My favourite day of a week is definitely Sunday. Because it's the only day in the week I don't have to go to school. I can sleep more and don't have to get up early. Last year, I had to take private Chemistry class for 3 hours in the afternoon. And after i passed the last examination, i stopped it. And i'm going to take it again soon. Sunday is also the only day my mother stays at home because she has to work hard from Monday to Saturday. Of course when a mother is at home, she buys so much things and cooks delicious meals for family. I really love every meals she cooks. In 5 p.m (sometimes it's 7 p.m), I go to the church. After that, I go home, have dinner, do homework for new week. Sometimes I watch a movies before going to bed. In conclusion, that's my favourite day in week.

A01280868's picture
A01280868 4 May, 2017 - 06:51

I like Monday because this is the first day of the week, I want to start my week with a happy face, I don't like the people who said that the morning is the worst day of the week, all the Monday's I want to make a new thing to change my world.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 4 May, 2017 - 07:51

That's a very positive attitude. Whether you want to change something big or small, I am sure that thinking positively like this will help you to achieve it! :)
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

SofiaOcejo's picture
SofiaOcejo 2 May, 2017 - 15:43

hey, my favorite day of the week is sunday, I like sunday becaus it is the frisa day of the week, and i stay in my home allmost all day with my family and i see movies or tv shows, i don't do homework anymore because i did it one day before, i rest from evreyting, i did in the week at show and in trainning. I can break and relax to more becas i'm doing something all week.
I really like the tranquility I have in a day after a very long and full week of things to do. I see my brothers and I talk to them because I do not see them all my week.

nadira100308's picture
nadira100308 30 April, 2017 - 05:35

My favourite day of the week is Sunday.Because i have violin course in Suropati park.I am happy because in there i can play violin with my friends and we can laugh together and play together and study together all together at night, i usually go to the mall or eat in Golden Trully.

JavierRmz0301's picture
JavierRmz0301 29 April, 2017 - 21:06

my favorite day of the week is friday because in the morning i can talk with my school Friends and make planes for the nigth

alexanderblamin's picture
alexanderblamin 28 April, 2017 - 18:21

My favorite day of the week is Friday, because it doesn't matter how bad the school day was, I always know that at the end of the day, in the night of every Friday there will be always a plan for the night, somewhere to go, someone to know, hang out with my friends, enjoy of the music and enjoy of the company of my friends or Families.

DavidAlamilla's picture
DavidAlamilla 27 April, 2017 - 18:27

My favorite day of the week is Friday, because i do not have many class and in this day the weekend begin and i love to play some soccer on the afternoon after that i play some videogames and in the night i do many things like go out with my friends, go to partys, see some movies or go to restaurants and the hole day i feel happy and ready to leave the school to go to my house and have a relax time! and for that is my favorite day of the week.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 28 April, 2017 - 08:49

Hi DavidAlamilla. It's Friday today as I'm reading your comment! Are you doing the things that you mentioned? I look forward to Fridays too. :)
Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Dianapena01's picture
Dianapena01 26 April, 2017 - 16:57

my favorite day is Friday becausa I only have 5 class, so i an go to my house and sleep all the evening, and at the night i go out with my family or my friends, definetly is my favorite day i love this day

EdgarA01282606's picture
EdgarA01282606 25 April, 2017 - 01:43

My favorite day of the week is Thursday because it is the quietest day I have in the day, in school I take math, design, philosophy and English, and those classes are the most relaxing for me, besides that day I go out I started to go to school. I also like to go out of school before coming to my house. I like to get to the smelting park to see some high school friends, and when I get home I start my homework and when I finish I like to play videogames with Friends or see series or movies.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 22 April, 2017 - 15:10

Hey, everyone, my favorite day is Friday. Our school takes us to an arena that organises sports. I chose tennis, and even though there are only nine of us, we have so much fun 'cause we hardly do rallies. We have fun games, and occasionally play kabbadi, football, etc. And after all the excitement, I'm allowed to sleep for a long time. But the worst part is that I have school the next day! Or else I would have watched movies till midnight!

firdaustgtc's picture
firdaustgtc 22 April, 2017 - 02:53

This web site is really helpful for the students to learn more about the language of english..

AzeemA01328674's picture
AzeemA01328674 20 April, 2017 - 15:00

Hey, Sabrina, it is your friend, Azeem
My favorite day of the week is the Saturday because is a "little vacation" for me, you don't do anything but tomorrow is the same. I think that the Saturday is the perfect day to be lazy, you don't need to do anything that you don´t want it because is weekend!. Friday is good because is a party day but, for me, is better stay in home o whit your friends in a reunion, not a party, reunion. In the Sunday I don't do anything but I have the stress for my actions (I never change for be more worker but I feel the pression for it). And the other days... well, I go to the school and I work, I am not happy when I work. Think in a "favorite day" is a thing that I never do but all of us can have a favorite of anything.

Erick3310's picture
Erick3310 19 April, 2017 - 18:11

Hi Sabrina

My favorite day of the week is fridays because i always go to the cinema with my friend or mostly i have parties with my friends to or with my family. My cousins always come of friday, but the ones that live on other towns or states. They come on fridays to Zamora and when they come we go to the, tacos or to a party, to eat enchiladas, and we sleep until 12:00 to 2:00 o'clock :). This is why i love fridays and what i like to do on fridays. I hope one day you come to my house and i show you all the things that i had tell you, the ones that i do. And i hope you can invite me to your house the day that you would do your favorites things.

meocondangyeu's picture
meocondangyeu 18 March, 2017 - 15:14

I love Sunday most because it's the most quiet and peaceful day in a whole week and i can be alone.

Tylin's picture
Tylin 16 March, 2017 - 02:51

It is good to hear someone' favorite day of the week. I myself just have a simple day of my weekend is on Saturday because It is my relaxing day after spending for five days a week. I have no classes and this is my day off after work. On Saturday morning I stay at home and do my laundry. If I have more free time, I sometimes watch TV. At the evening my friend and go to the riverside in front the Royal Palace.