Listen to the presentation about using colours to organise homework and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Which colours would you choose for each school subject? Why?

Comments

InEnglishPlease's picture
InEnglishPlease 20 October, 2021 - 10:34

I use too colours for organize my homework:
- red: things I have to do today
- yellow: my subjects today
- green: things I’ve done
- purple: holidays
-orange: tests
It’s so handsome!

smoreno's picture
smoreno 8 March, 2021 - 14:29

- For mathematics I choose the color blue because that color is the cover of my notebook and it is easier for me to identify it.
- For physical education I choose white because that color is my tennis shoes.
- For history I choose yellow because that color seems very representative for that matter.
- For geography I choose green because that color is the one that identifies the earth on maps.
- For French I choose the color orange because my dictionary is that color.

Bacu03's picture
Bacu03 1 February, 2021 - 21:14

I allways use basic colours for my subjects, like blue for maths, red for english, or Green for chemistry. I prefer to keep it simple.

ENDEOVAR's picture
ENDEOVAR 31 January, 2021 - 14:03

-I match blue with math because math book cover usually is blue
-I match green with biologie because biologie is life and life mean nature for me.Nature is green so ı match green
-I match brown with geograpy because when geograpy speak of,brown come to my mind so ı use to brown
-I use to red for literature.Why don't know.I like literature and i like red too.Maybe therefore ı use

Xuka's picture
Xuka 20 August, 2020 - 20:42

Honestly, I use some colors for all school subjects, not for each of them. I usually blue pens for writing normal text, red pens for the title, or take notes. I also use some highlighters, orange for the main points of chapters, green for the main points of sections, yellow for main points of paragraphs. And I keep color-coding consistency for all my books.

KJs's picture
KJs 17 July, 2020 - 13:59

I use green as the science notebook color.Because science has the image of a plant.
And from the time I was an elementary school student,I have the image that Japanese is red or pink and math is blue.

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 18 July, 2020 - 14:19

Hi KJs!

Welcome to LearnEnglish Teens! From your comments here, it sounds like you are two different people. Please can you create separate accounts for each user? In our House Rules we ask you not to share your account with other people. Thanks a lot and we hope you both enjoy the site!

Best wishes,

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team

KJs's picture
KJs 17 July, 2020 - 13:42

I use blue for math.Because I have used it since I was a elementary school student.
I use prints for science and social studies so I can’t use color .

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 9 July, 2019 - 09:02

I use the galaxy for Maths because the galaxy is a lot of colors mixed together. Like Maths, the definition of math in my head is also mixed. : >

mariafordzun's picture
mariafordzun 27 March, 2019 - 15:01

Actually I don't use colour coding for each school subject. But when I was listening this presentation I decided to do a such coding. I bought coloured pencils, page markers, glue, sticky notes and folders. Now I done it. English is blue because my vocabulary is of the same colour. Maths is red because it's my favourite colour and Maths is my favourite subject. History is black because I don't like this subject.

khanhlinh92004's picture
khanhlinh92004 19 July, 2018 - 10:07

I use red for Math because Math is my favorite subject and red color symbolizes to fire. I have to study more to be the best at Math.

burcubilgin's picture
burcubilgin 27 March, 2018 - 21:30

i would use turquoise for my english subjects because turquoise is may fav. colour and english is my fav. lesson

aigle's picture
aigle 19 November, 2017 - 17:44

I don't use a particular color for each subject. I use different colors for different categories, or different sections of each course. I use blue for normal writing, red for definitions, and green for titles. I don't use black pens because I don't like this color for writing.

Lerara's picture
Lerara 21 April, 2017 - 11:46

I do not use colour coding for each school subject.Although I use pink for titels, red for rules, purple for examples and orange for interesting information.
I would choose yellow or green for English because these colours I associate with Great Britain.

HOLIK's picture
HOLIK 30 March, 2017 - 14:20

I use green for PE, because green is my favourite colour. I use blue for Geographie, because the sky is blue.

cherrygirl's picture
cherrygirl 8 March, 2017 - 19:26

hmhm i use red for biology 'coz its my favourite color, blue for chemistry 'coz of Cu(OH)2 and green for English-i want to study in the UK and there are a lot of grass at all the photos of the universities XD

mikiihwang's picture
2056x
mikiihwang 27 February, 2017 - 15:30

I always use same colors for different subjects.
The colors i use are orange, pink, yellow, green.

monu's picture
monu 24 February, 2017 - 12:28

um... hi ! i would choose orange for mathematics cause it is my favourite and green for english as my pen is green . Science ..will be purple as my notebook is that colour

Juanmixmatch's picture
Juanmixmatch 2 February, 2017 - 10:18

I would use the red to my favorite school subjects because it's my favorite color. And I would use the dark blue to maths, dark green to chemistry, dark yellow to physics and gray to English. To me, those are a good colors to remember