Listen to the conversation about the human body and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.
You voted 1. Total votes: 980

Do you know any amazing facts about the human body?

Comments

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 5 December, 2017 - 05:11

Hi medo77. Thanks for reporting the problem. I've just tried it, and the mp3 plays ok for me. Downloading also works ok. Perhaps there was a temporary problem but it seems to be working again now.

Could you try it again and let us know if it still doesn't work? You can also try using a different web browser - sometimes that fixes the problem.

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

2 users have voted, including you.
tynia's picture
tynia 29 November, 2017 - 13:13

I don't know especially about human body but i can google it. I know only that we have huge number of bacteria in our body. This count is impossible to imagine. Of course it's not good but in some animals bacteria are ok because of digest food.

kaniza's picture
kaniza 15 October, 2017 - 18:57

My name is Izaro. I am named after an island on the Basque Coast. It is a very beautiful special place. I think I am lucky to have my name.

ValentinaSantosC's picture
ValentinaSantosC 17 September, 2017 - 19:54

I had some idea about bacteria and their function in our body, for example the drugs in the laboratory are made of bacteria for attack sickness

crazydaisy123's picture
crazydaisy123 6 June, 2017 - 14:02

I don't know anything about human body because I haven't studied biology yet.

OreoTG's picture
OreoTG 4 June, 2017 - 08:26

Seriously I got it all correct without even listening to the audio. I mean we already learned this in biology.

dimon9806's picture
dimon9806 2 May, 2017 - 15:21

Did you know that 75 percent of your body is made up of water, but did you know that 80 percent of your brain is also water?

Ken's picture
Ken 3 May, 2017 - 04:46

Nope, I didn't know that!
(ᵒ̤̑ ₀̑ ᵒ̤̑)wow!
My thoughts are floating on the consciousness... bubble, bubble, bubble....

Watzisname's picture
Watzisname 29 April, 2017 - 01:26

Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day or about 30 million times in a year.

55 users have voted, including you.
BRPMontenegro's picture
BRPMontenegro 17 April, 2017 - 23:00

I don't know much about my body. I don't know that the bacteria have all this. And I only knew that the skin of my body die all days.

51 users have voted, including you.
BRPsanchezmoises's picture
BRPsanchezmoises 13 April, 2017 - 03:35

Is interesting the world of bacteria. We did not really know that we had a lot of bacteria that are useful to the human body. I have also read about the bacteria that make the sweat of the body does not smell badly. Also the mites that eat the dead cells is interesting.

47 users have voted, including you.
BRProdrigoleon's picture
BRProdrigoleon 11 April, 2017 - 03:35

I did not imagine that so many bacteria could live in my body. But if they are good then quit your job. It was very interesting to know that without bacteria we could die. I think there are things we should not know and just ignore them. I can not imagine a world without bacteria.

48 users have voted, including you.
Snokis's picture
Snokis 1 December, 2016 - 13:38

atoms are not the smallest parts of an element quarks are. even an 14 yearold knows that

76 users have voted, including you.
Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 2 December, 2016 - 08:40

Hi Snokis! Good point, you're right. And thanks to you I've just read a bit about quarks and atoms to help me understand the topic better! :) I understand that since it's so difficult to split (= divide) an atom, it's sometimes referred to as as the smallest component of an element. In fact, it's the smallest component of an element that has the chemical properties of that element. Is that right? Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

rous's picture
rous 3 November, 2016 - 02:12

There are bacteria that do not just harm to human beings, there are also others that may be used for personal gain

86 users have voted, including you.
pepe5's picture
pepe5 30 October, 2016 - 17:48

our body work together if missing some organ or that dont do her corresponding function this awry and not functioning properly.
The organs are very important in our life.

82 users have voted, including you.
Brendita's picture
Brendita 28 October, 2016 - 07:58

bacteria are prokaryotes because they not have their well-defined organelles and not all bad for humans.

amarti's picture
amarti 24 October, 2016 - 19:15

For example, a person doing much exercise can consume more than 5000 Kcal. per day

69 users have voted, including you.
sarfraz2003's picture
sarfraz2003 7 October, 2016 - 13:36

When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph.

80 users have voted, including you.
meomun75's picture
meomun75 4 October, 2016 - 14:38

I don't know how to describe but this conversation is really cute. Really love British accent. <3

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 25 August, 2016 - 14:36

Your nose can remember 50000 different scents :)
A sneeze travels 100 miles per hour.
♬♫♪◖(●。●)◗♪♫♬

96 users have voted, including you.