Football is more popular than ever among British girls and women. Meet Kitty and her team as they prepare for a big match.

Do girls have many opportunities to play football where you live?

Comments

Franzvelandia's picture
Franzvelandia 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

no, in my oppinion the girls not opportunity in this coutry because the football player is women and also this country is male chauvinist, in colombia there is more possibility for men, the women who play soccer are very few and discriminate

dianamunetones's picture
dianamunetones 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

yes, i consider that the women in my country have oppotunity to play soccer because the teams important of the city as santa fe, nacional, millonarios have team female and this teams give the oportunity for the women

Danielfbp's picture
Danielfbp 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

yes because in this new times the discrimination to the womens is lower that the other old times and the differents teams and the sponsors need show to the world that Colombia it's no more a country discriminator for the woman and also the womens have the energy and the attitude to triumph in the world of the soccer.

Juan_Murcia's picture
Juan_Murcia 14 September, 2017 - 20:57

In my case i think that the soccer is a sport so difficult to play in Colombian League because the women don´t have the same opportunities than men. In the most of clubs the coaches prefere training men for them abilities.

DanielSepulveda's picture
DanielSepulveda 14 September, 2017 - 20:57

yes but i thing that is more dificult that men because in my country are few womans who
play football, another thing is that in my country the mens are more interesting in this :V

SantiSalas's picture
SantiSalas 14 September, 2017 - 20:54

i think that no becouse the in Colombia the football in girls is very discriminated and for this i think tahta the woman have more nervous to start in this soocer world becouse maybe they think that is a sport only for men and for this they want not play football in Colombia

c_julian04's picture
c_julian04 14 September, 2017 - 20:53

I think that in Colombia the girls don´t have much oportunities to play soccer because the government doesn´t give the chances to play too, and in our culture the women aren´t accustom to play soccer than men, and they don´t have many oportunities from the government.

AndresCallejas's picture
AndresCallejas 14 September, 2017 - 20:53

I think that in Colombia there are no so many opportunities of which the women play football unlike other countries, since there are no so many opportunities of progress but if there is a good level in the game that they have. There is a good level in the Colombian league since they did a league for women to part of that of the men.

mariapaulanovoa's picture
mariapaulanovoa 14 September, 2017 - 16:02

Hello

I think this sport is very entertaining and old can practice this sport, in my country colombia the girls can practice this sport .I like sport but i dont practice .
Also the girls today have more opportunites and its unfair that they do not value them before.

lolis901's picture
lolis901 14 September, 2017 - 16:02

According with the video, I think that in Bogota which is where I live, the girls don´t have many opportunities to play football, because the most important are the boys and the teams of boys, we don´t find many leagues or institutes, to give football for girls, so I think that this have to change, also the girls or the girls that know insterest more for things, that make-up or clothes and this kind of things

Miguelito78's picture
Miguelito78 14 September, 2017 - 16:01

I thing that the woman acually have more facilities for a lot of things and one of this ones are that the sports not are difficulty for them, i think that in this moment it is so easy for a girl to registrate in a soccer team, adn start practicing in this academy, in thepast it was more difficulty because the chauvanism was now late than before.

axel17's picture
axel17 14 September, 2017 - 16:01

I consider that in my country the womens no have opportunities because this country still people are very chauvinist, i have never seen a legue in my country and womens soccer schools.

Andresito11's picture
Andresito11 14 September, 2017 - 16:00

Yes, actually the womens have a lot of opportunities to play football, it is very common to see women training since very young, for example in my school.

Davidramirez's picture
Davidramirez 14 September, 2017 - 16:00

In recent years wowen have an acceptance in the world of football. In there are many football academys to guide and prepare women to play a competitive league. Women too like and "love" this sport, beacuse it can get up a inexplicable feelings.

angiecriado's picture
angiecriado 14 September, 2017 - 16:00

i think that nowdays girls have a lot of opportunities to play football, because now we have football academies and soccer teams, though is not the same thing for girls and boys, for example when the male national soccer team play all the tv channels show the game and all the country knows about the game and is not the same for girls because only a few tv channels show the game and no one knows about it.

JuanaCastro1's picture
JuanaCastro1 14 September, 2017 - 15:59

I agree with the video because I think that football is a sport that can be played for all people. Also, I like the way with Kitty describes her passion for this sport, and with the video we can reflect about how strong are women, and sometimes, they are better than men in the aspect of the tranquillity when they are playing.

Camila18's picture
Camila18 14 September, 2017 - 15:59

I think that all the people should have the opportunity of doing what the like most, the women can compete in teams with the other person and be the best In this discipline, many times the women is discriminated against for playing football because people think that only men should play this game and not the women, many times the women have represented the countries in different competitions and have won many prizes through time, and this is best in this game

laurasierra15's picture
laurasierra15 14 September, 2017 - 15:59

Yes , because in my country there are many teams , and there are opportunities ,but more to men because it is what they like to practice , in the capital the country there are more hope and opportunities , because you can get the means and ways to get into a good team and see which is better.

Jenniferllanos12's picture
Jenniferllanos12 14 September, 2017 - 15:58

I think the video is very interesting because is about of the one of the most importants sports around the world, but is about girls and this is very important because in the actually girls only play different sports because they are affreid of the comments in the society about that. this shows that not only can men practice and play football and make for women more oportunities in this sport.
I think is great idea that women one day has a team internartional

JDP's picture
JDP 14 September, 2017 - 15:58

No, because in my country the most of men play football and women sometimes are ejected, We find less number of girls that like play football, but when our selection plays the most women go to see the match

Daniela9's picture
Daniela9 14 September, 2017 - 15:56

I think that no matter the sex
For example in Colombia there are many womens teams
this teams go to diferent championships ans is the good representation for Colombia
from small to girls they like soccer and decide to continue with this when they are big and often take it as a career
Not just because women like the soccer They are sexist
I support teams of women

Felipe09's picture
Felipe09 14 September, 2017 - 15:54

YES, because in Colombia there are many places in when you can practice football and in special womens have a lot opportunities for play football soccer if they want.

CamiloASandovalG's picture
CamiloASandovalG 14 September, 2017 - 15:54

I think that right now in Bogotá and in colleges and universities they are becoming more inclusive with women who want to play football and like to do it. Also there are many opportunities for women to train football in every space of the city.

GEBS's picture
GEBS 14 September, 2017 - 15:49

yes, because the girls in colombia womens already have more opportunities because exist sport school where women can practice this sport and become professionals and to enter a team.

dany0911's picture
dany0911 14 September, 2017 - 15:46

I think that the women have the same skills to play football that the men, if a woman puts the whole dedication to the sport, the best football player of the world can come to him. In my country the football is the sport mas important or the famous mas, everything the persons who live in the country rest to the selection colombia, are all glad to the football.

AlejandroCaro's picture
AlejandroCaro 14 September, 2017 - 15:45

In my opinion, the girls in my country have many oportunities to play differents sports, one of them is the football, for example, in my school have a team for course, and them participate in some competitions, and in general in Bogota are many academies for football as like a men as for the women.

CamBzt's picture
CamBzt 14 September, 2017 - 15:38

Yes, because in Colombia there are many soccer schools for girls and they can offer them great opportunities.
-= ∧_∧
-=と(´・ω・`)
 -=/ と_ノ
-=_//⌒ソ⚽️

kals's picture
kals 23 May, 2016 - 07:03

of cause yes .i am a soccer player too.....in my area there are only 4 ftbll teams among them we are the best he........ even there are opportunities there are few girl players who like to play ftbll .bt it is very populr among boys...anywy i love ftbll