Look at the email and do the exercises to practise and improve your writing skills.

Reading text

About my family

From: kellycali@ainrofilac.eg

To: yoko@idkwyl.ptm

Subject: My family

Dear Yoko

Let me tell you about my family. I live with my mum, my dad and my big sister. We live in California. My mum’s name is Carmen. She’s Mexican and she speaks English and Spanish. She’s a Spanish teacher. She’s short and slim, she’s got long, brown hair and brown eyes. My dad’s name is David. He’s American. He’s tall and a little fat! He’s got short brown hair and blue eyes. He works in a bank. My sister Shania is 14 and she loves listening to music. She listens to music all the time! She’s got long brown hair and green eyes, like me. I’ve got long hair too. We’ve got a pet dog, Brandy. He’s black and white and very friendly.

Write soon and tell me about your family.

Love

Kelly

Topics:

Do you have a big family?

Comments

phvinayak's picture
phvinayak 29 November, 2017 - 07:18

Hi, I am Ph. I stay in a small village near Dehli with my mom, dad, and 2 sisters.
My 2 sisters are elder than me. One is married and another is working. My dad is a businessman. My mom is a homemaker. I love hiking, reading, and writing. Writing is my recently developed hobby. Currently, I am reading "Crucial conversation" by Patterson.

IamYegane's picture
IamYegane 17 November, 2017 - 16:01

Let me tell you about my family . I just have two sister . My older sister is 14 years and she is really nice , she helps me all the time , my younger sister is 10 years. My mother is a teacher . She works in school's office and my father is a University professor . We lives in a beautiful city in Iran . . One of my favorite person in my family is my older sister , because she makes me great person and she is helpful ...

ragavi's picture
ragavi 12 November, 2017 - 06:25

Hi Friends.I am Ragavi.I have a big family.My father is a dental doctor,my mum is a homemaker.I have one elder sister and brother.Both are completed their post graduation.now they are working.I like both of them.They take care me a lot.We three are in short height

Nikolay's picture
Nikolay 9 November, 2017 - 06:53

Hi everyone! Yes, I have a big family. I live in big house with my father, mother and two yonger brothers. My father's name is Igor. He's a businesman. My mother's name is Irina, she's a doctor. My middle brother's name is Alex, he is a schoolboy. My younger brother's name is Egor. He go to kindergarten. My middle brother and I are professional sportsmen. We are engaged is kayaking. We won many Russian national championships, and internetional competitions.

Red_converse's picture
Red_converse 7 November, 2017 - 08:35

I live in a small house with my father, my mother and my sister.Because We're Asian so we have some appearance common points. We have black hair and black eyes. My parents are both teachers, they teach in the same high school,too. My little sister is 10 years old,she is a student.She has short,black hair and she is chubby .I'm 13 years old. My hair is long and silky, i think so.I'm also a student,too.That's some facts about my family, a small but happy one.

hadeelsabawi's picture
hadeelsabawi 3 November, 2017 - 09:18

i live in a big family,in Saudi Arabia,we are 7 persons, my mom names manal she is from sirya,my dads names moustafa he is from lebanon,i have tow sisters and three brothers,the biggest one his name Khalid he working in elixir company , and the smaller one her name joory she is 7 years old in second grade.

ozicimnapiyon's picture
ozicimnapiyon 31 October, 2017 - 15:08

hello;
my name is ozan ı am 14 years old ı go to middle school and ı have 1 sisters 1 mother 1 father and 1 pet my pets name is max it is dog it is beautiful dog my father works at bakery and my mom doesnt work my mom is cooking at home my sister is 8 years old she is goes to primary school my school starts at 9 am finish at 3.30 pm :D

prodanmarta's picture
prodanmarta 2 November, 2017 - 15:07

Hi everyone!
I'm Marta and i'm 14. I do a commercial technical institute in Verona, Italy.
In family we are five: i have a sister and a brother. My sister's name is Maria, she's 4 and my brother's name is Marius, he's 20. My sister goes to the school of childhood and mi brother works in a office like an engineer.

thonganle's picture
-3x
thonganle 31 October, 2017 - 09:36

I'm An and my english name is Alex. I'm from Saigon, Vietnam. My family live in a big house with my mom, dad and my little brother. My mom is 39 years old and she is a business girl. My dad is 47 years old and he used to work in Hotel but now he quit because his disease. My little brother is 14 years old and he is a student and he totally naughty. Finally me i'm 17 years old and i am a active person and really love studying english. That's all about my family

zahidur's picture
zahidur 11 October, 2017 - 19:23

Let me tell you about my family. My name is Zahidur. I live in with very big family. I have two brothers and two sisters. My mom's name is Khoteza and my father's name is Zamal. I lost my father very early. when I was 10 . my mom is a housewife. she works very hard. she is very short and slim. she has long black hair and black eyes. I have short black hair and black eyes too.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 12 October, 2017 - 04:01

Hi zahidur. Nice to meet you and welcome to LearnEnglish Teens :)

Please remember not to share your full name on here. This is to make sure you stay safe online. You can have a look at our House rules. Thanks a lot and enjoy your English practice!

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

saullozano's picture
saullozano 4 October, 2017 - 04:04

hello
In my family there are 5 members and the pet.
My dad the almost always work my mom she cooks and manages the House, my brother who is the most large and my sister the more small house

englishstudentBrazil's picture
englishstudentBrazil 3 October, 2017 - 19:49

My family is small. I've a little brother, he's 4 years old. I live with him, my mum and my dad. My mum is got small, brown hair and brown eyes. She's short and slim. My dad is got small, black hair and brown eyes. He's a little fat. We've two dogs, one parakeet and one fish. I love my family so.

EstherCami's picture
EstherCami 1 October, 2017 - 05:06

hello every one, i come from Viet Nam, you can call me in English name is Esther Cami .i live in a happy family with just my mother, my dad and a little brother.My mum is very kind, she usually help a lot of people. she got short dark hair and brown eyes. she always do the cooking and shop for groceries because she want to choose the feshest food for meal. in my oppinion, she is the best cook. my dad is a doorkeeper, he like watching news, reading book.and my small brother, he is so cute but mischievous. he usually break things. I love my little family and i try studying better to make my parent happy. thank for reading and tell me about my spelling mistake you know so i can improve it. And don't forget tell me about your family. thank you again!!!

Ken's picture
Ken 1 October, 2017 - 16:14

Hi, Esther, just spelling mistakes?
Mainly, capitalization!
ex. i--> I
parent --> parents
I'll write about my family later!
I have more than one family!!!
(੭ ˃̣̣̥ ω˂̣̣̥)੭ु⁾⁾

meomeomeo's picture
meomeomeo 20 September, 2017 - 05:55

Of couse! Let me tell you about my family!
I have got a happy family, with 4 people: my dad, my mum, my little brother and me. However, my Daddy died 10 years ago. My mum was really hardship to take care us in a long times. I love my mum and was trying to learn hard. My mum is 57 years old and was borned in a difficult family. Her morther died when she was 6 years old, huhuhu.....I really give a lot of thanks to my mum

Israa_Tantawy's picture
Israa_Tantawy 3 September, 2017 - 22:26

I live with my mum, my dad and my only big brother. My dad is a teacher in secondary school. He is tall, a little fat, has short black hair and black eyes. My mother is a nurse in public hospital. She is very social and helpful person. My brother is a doctor. He is 27 years old. He usually bothers me. He loves her job very much.

Pinkpink's picture
Pinkpink 26 September, 2017 - 20:17

I live in The north of Italy with my mother and my grandma.
Few members in my family but we are super happy.

Mikyaleee's picture
Mikyaleee 3 September, 2017 - 15:25

Hello
I have a big family. My familiy consist of 7 member include my parents and it's getting bingger when some of my sister and brother get married and have childern. I'm the youngest member in my family and the different one! My Mon is a housewife si she didn't work and stay in home everyday and my father is a labour but he have a side business. We've got a pet chickens and cats.

vinya's picture
vinya 24 August, 2017 - 04:34

I live in a small house with my parents, my older sister and an adorable pet dog-Chanie. My parents are farmers, they work hard everyday to pay for living. My mother is the one i love most. She"s slim and short. She's got a long black hair. My father is older than her, he's got a little bit fat and he's got a short hair. My older sister is studying in a university, she is short and slim. She studies so well. So do i, haha. Like any other asian, we've got black eyes and live happily together. i am a grade 12 student. I am trying my best for my university, it almost takes whole my time. I, however don't forget to take care of my lovely dog, he's really adorable and smart. We love him and so does he.

KimOanh's picture
KimOanh 13 August, 2017 - 17:16

Let me tell you about my family . I live a small house near a field in Hai Phong . There are 4 people in my family : My prarent , my small sister and me .My parent is farmers. My mom's got a long, black hair and black eyes. She is 58 .My dad 's got a short, black hair . He is 59 . My sis is 15 . She 's got a long , black hair and brown eyes . She is student. She like cycling, walking and listening music. She is study better than me , and she is a thrill seeker . We have got a cat pet . She 's got yellow and white hair and very lovely. Specially , she like eating fish . My famiy often go out to have a dinner at weekend. Sometimes , In holiday , my parent take my sis and me get out on the mountain and get some fresh air .After work every day, my mom often cooks many good food for all the members of my family. I really realy love my family .
Hope to hear you soon and don't forget tell me about your family

Mingo's picture
Mingo 6 August, 2017 - 14:51

Hello everyone,
You can call me Mingo. I'm from VietNam. Let me tell you about my family. I live with my dad, my step-mother and my brother. We live in VietNam, beautiful country. Step-mother and dad are teacher and they teach math, I study math good, a littel, of course, hi. My brother is got tall, got black hair and brown eyes and he loves gameshow of reality. I'm got a short hair, and don't like anypet.

dtkh1156's picture
dtkh1156 6 August, 2017 - 09:15

There're 5 people in my family : my father, my mother, me and 2 younger sister. We live in Vietnam.

JC's picture
JC 5 August, 2017 - 10:12

Hi. I live in a cozy house with my mum, my dad and my little brother. My parents are both from South of our country. My mum has long black hair which makes her so pretty, and my dad has short black hair. My little brother is tall and slim. I love my family.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 26 July, 2017 - 14:31

We are three in my family. Me, my mum and dad. But we're just a teeny weeny bit of what I call as my family.
From my dad's side, my grandmum and grandpa, my cousin, my aunt and uncle. My cousin and me are of the same age, and we go to the same school. We usually have a great blast when we're together.
And from my mum's side, another set of funny grandparents, and three uncles and aunties, and of course, my sweet little cousins!!! They're just the best!!!
Well, life wouldn't be the same without them. In my opinion, it's better to have a cousin than a sibling. The longing you have to meet 'em, well, you can't get it from a sis. Cheers, everyone!!! ✌

Swimmer477's picture
Swimmer477 26 July, 2017 - 06:33

Hello. Yes I have a big family. I live with my mum, dad, granny, aunt, and my little sister. We live in Rostov, in Russia. My mum`s name is Marina, she is 36. My dad`s name is Aleksey, he is 39. We`ve got two dogs, two cats, and a one little fish.

Martellqro's picture
Martellqro 18 July, 2017 - 03:31

Let me tell you about my family, I live with my parents and my two sisters, I'm the big brother. We live in Querearo, My mum's name is Urania, she is a Housewife, my dad's name is Lalo, He is an account, My sister Ely is 10 and my sister Aby is 8

ReflectionOfSky's picture
ReflectionOfSky 14 July, 2017 - 00:43

Hey! Let me talk about my family!
I live in a big house with my mom, my dad, my brother and three younger sisters, we're a big family! We live in São Paulo, Brazil. My mom's name is Evely and she's a nanny. My dad's name is and he is a eletrecistian. Everybody in my family is tall, have black hair and brown eyes. I love my family ^^