Listen to the conversation about the human body and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you know any amazing facts about the human body?

Comments

Mihael's picture
Mihael 31 August, 2018 - 13:50

I never heard this fact before, thanks BBC :) Oh ya, in my opinion the most amazing facts is all about the universe, stars, and galaxies. How about you?

OliviaTomlinson's picture
OliviaTomlinson 16 November, 2018 - 07:11

Really impressive it is too hard study because i am understand basic english its helpful for me and a lot of learning thanks

Dreamyoverflow's picture
Dreamyoverflow 29 July, 2018 - 19:01

Our body can almost take care of every sickness we get for instance if we get a cold we don't neceserey need to treat it, usually our body will treat the disease.

JoModerator's picture
JoModerator 10 July, 2018 - 17:27

Hi ali,

There isn't a video on this page - just audio to help you practise your listening.

Have you tried right clicking on the word 'download'? I've just checked it and it works fine for me, so I think the problem must be a local one on your computer.

Can you try on another computer or device, or try a different browser? You can also try to 'clear the cache' on your browser then try again.

I hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

elleryqueen's picture
elleryqueen 30 April, 2018 - 03:21

I'm interested in the differences between nought and zero. Could you tell me when we should use 'nought' and when we should use 'zero' please?

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 5 April, 2018 - 13:55

Intestinum is the second brain of a human body because it controls immune systems.

bilko's picture
-4x
bilko 3 February, 2018 - 14:59

I read something about atoms.They are formed nucleus and electron. Nucleus is divided proton and neutron. Proton and neutron are consist of quarks and electron is consist of leptons...

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 5 December, 2017 - 05:11

Hi medo77. Thanks for reporting the problem. I've just tried it, and the mp3 plays ok for me. Downloading also works ok. Perhaps there was a temporary problem but it seems to be working again now.

Could you try it again and let us know if it still doesn't work? You can also try using a different web browser - sometimes that fixes the problem.

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

tynia's picture
tynia 29 November, 2017 - 13:13

I don't know especially about human body but i can google it. I know only that we have huge number of bacteria in our body. This count is impossible to imagine. Of course it's not good but in some animals bacteria are ok because of digest food.

kaniza's picture
kaniza 15 October, 2017 - 18:57

My name is Izaro. I am named after an island on the Basque Coast. It is a very beautiful special place. I think I am lucky to have my name.

ValentinaSantosC's picture
ValentinaSantosC 17 September, 2017 - 19:54

I had some idea about bacteria and their function in our body, for example the drugs in the laboratory are made of bacteria for attack sickness

crazydaisy123's picture
crazydaisy123 6 June, 2017 - 14:02

I don't know anything about human body because I haven't studied biology yet.

OreoTG's picture
OreoTG 4 June, 2017 - 08:26

Seriously I got it all correct without even listening to the audio. I mean we already learned this in biology.

dimon9806's picture
dimon9806 2 May, 2017 - 15:21

Did you know that 75 percent of your body is made up of water, but did you know that 80 percent of your brain is also water?

Ken's picture
Ken 3 May, 2017 - 04:46

Nope, I didn't know that!
(ᵒ̤̑ ₀̑ ᵒ̤̑)wow!
My thoughts are floating on the consciousness... bubble, bubble, bubble....

BRPMontenegro's picture
BRPMontenegro 17 April, 2017 - 23:00

I don't know much about my body. I don't know that the bacteria have all this. And I only knew that the skin of my body die all days.

BRPsanchezmoises's picture
BRPsanchezmoises 13 April, 2017 - 03:35

Is interesting the world of bacteria. We did not really know that we had a lot of bacteria that are useful to the human body. I have also read about the bacteria that make the sweat of the body does not smell badly. Also the mites that eat the dead cells is interesting.

BRProdrigoleon's picture
BRProdrigoleon 11 April, 2017 - 03:35

I did not imagine that so many bacteria could live in my body. But if they are good then quit your job. It was very interesting to know that without bacteria we could die. I think there are things we should not know and just ignore them. I can not imagine a world without bacteria.