No matter how much you love your family, they can be annoying sometimes. Watch the video to see why Izzy is frustrated!

Do you take after your mum or your dad? Do you have to look after a younger brother or sister? Do you get on well with your family? Tell us about them!

Comments

santiago1101cardenas's picture
santiago1101cardenas 10 February, 2018 - 03:05

I take after my mom every body said that, my family is kind of wear but I have a good relationship with must of my cousins and uncles ofcourse i have a good relationship with mi mom an dad, i don´t have any sisters or brothers so that means I didn´t have to look after somebody.

andresreyes727's picture
andresreyes727 10 February, 2018 - 03:02

1. I take after my mum in some things, sometimes in her serious expressions, also joy and the desire of study.
2. not exactly a brother or sister but a looked after for a younger cousin when he was a baby, was an incredible experience, people thought that he was my son. haha!
3. Of course, with all my family I get on well, they´re special with me, and me too.

BFabio's picture
BFabio 10 February, 2018 - 02:43

i´m get on well with all my family, special with a cousin, is very cool with all the family, i don't have brothers and sisters, but i have an aunt that have two sons, and in some times she tells me to take care of them, are days that it is very nice to take care of them but there are but in some cases is so exhausting.

juantrapinzon's picture
juantrapinzon 10 February, 2018 - 02:06

I take after my parents, in diferents things but a lot, my father is really good with the finances and i am too, and my mother is really responsable and i am too. I look after my younger sister, she is 6 years old and i love her, she always is playing, and always she makes me happy. All my family is very close and almost always we go out, and help ourselves.

JDP's picture
JDP 10 February, 2018 - 01:53

I think that we take after our parents in most aspects like the humor or likes, my brothers are older than me, so i never had to look after them, they had to look after me and i take after my brothers too in some things, like my favourite kinf of music, and i get on well with all members of family

CesarDavid01's picture
CesarDavid01 10 February, 2018 - 01:44

Some of my cousins are like her, they always want to look like me hahahah and do the same things as me, it's very interesting to see a little boy doing those things, that's cute, and it makes me feel like an exemplary figure!

JuanJoseGaitan8's picture
JuanJoseGaitan8 10 February, 2018 - 00:10

I'm a unique child so I don´t have to look after little brothers or sisters.
I take after my parents a lot, I am very serious when it´s time to be like mom and I make a lot of jokes like dad. I have a great resemblance in the body my dad.
Even though my parents are divorced they have always got on well with me.

sebastian_2018's picture
sebastian_2018 10 February, 2018 - 00:02

I think I look like my dad a bit physically and humorously, I have 2 brothers, one of them is 8 years old, the other is 1 month old, I take care of a little of the older one sometimes.
I get along very well with my family, with my uncles, aunts, cousins and brothers.

marianasofia12's picture
marianasofia12 9 February, 2018 - 23:32

I take after my mom, everybody, always says, that i have my mother´s face, i only have one brother and he is older than me, so i never had to look after nobody, and my brother neither, because my mom always is who look after us. offcourse i get on well with my mom and my brother, but like all the families, we sometimes we argue withe each other. But most of time we are a loving family.

juansediaz17's picture
juansediaz17 9 February, 2018 - 23:28

1) I take after my dad a lot
2) I have a little brother 4 years younger than me but also I have an older sister and brother, so my parents left one of them in charge of everbody.
3) Yes, although my family is a little big, because we are 6 people, I get on well with most of them, only with my little brother sometimes we get conflicts.

pedropineros140's picture
pedropineros140 9 February, 2018 - 23:27

I take after my mom because she has blond hair and white skin, and also i take after my dad because He has the same facial features as me. i have never looked after my sister because she is older than me. yes i do, because although sometimes there are some problems in my family, always we try to be join, actually i get on well with all my cousins.
I have one sister and she has 20 years old, she is studying biomedical engineering in the rosario university, she is in the six semestre; my dad is dentist and my mom is waitress.

DavidRamirez18's picture
DavidRamirez18 9 February, 2018 - 22:49

My family almost tell me that I look after my dad beacuse of my way of being, the way to communicate with others and my expressions. Even though my parents are divorced and have other children. My dad have a one little girl, she has 8 months old and my mom have other girl who have 8 years old. About my family I really love stay with they because they support me all time specially in football. We are a very united family and we share a good moments.

Miguelito_RR's picture
Miguelito_RR 9 February, 2018 - 22:26

I think that I actually take after my dad a Little bit, but not too much, and I definitely don take after my mom. I don't have Little brothers or sisters so I don't have to look after nobody. And definetiny I get on well with my family, specially with my brother because he understand me in all the things, but I get on well with every member of my family.

isabella23's picture
isabella23 9 February, 2018 - 22:13

My family are my two sisters and my mom and dad. I take after my dad a lot. I use some expressions like his and we have similar personalities. I have two sisters (one of them is older than me and the other one younger than me) and sometimes I need to look after her because I'm two years older. I love my family and we fight like every other family do but at the end of the day we support each other and we are very close.

AlejandroCaroHoyos's picture
AlejandroCaroHoyos 9 February, 2018 - 21:09

Yes, I physically take after to my dad, but in the personality I take after to my mother.

Yes, my little sister, who is one year old, because my mother spends all day with her and when I come to study, I take care of her while my dad comes to work.

Yes, although with my mom we have different conflicts about different points of view.

Ken's picture
Ken 5 December, 2017 - 12:48

Thank you, Jonathan.
Fortunately, I have great friends...
∵⃝♡⍢⃝ ⍤⃝ ⍨⃝ ∵⃝♡⍢⃝ ⍤⃝ ⍨⃝ ∵⃝♡⍢⃝

akabane001's picture
-8x
akabane001 3 December, 2017 - 12:22

my family is normal not very special but i love them very much.
It makes me feel happy and not be alone that i want to spend more time with them by making these memories which i can not forget , forever.

Diamanta's picture
-4x
Diamanta 7 November, 2017 - 15:50

I take after my mom because she's great and so am I ! :P I don't have to look after my younger sister and brother. We get along great :)

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 11 June, 2017 - 11:11

Who do I take after??? The hardest question ever. Geez, solving math homework was easier! You know, like when I look into the mirror, I feel like I have zero connection to my parents. And yet those bulky second aunts, who visit often, pull my cheek and say that I take after my mom/dad. Gross, that makes me so angry. But I have no probs with my family. I'm the only child, and the most pampered too! But they are annoying sometimes! Oh, like they are now!! ;)))

15520528's picture
15520528 22 June, 2017 - 16:32

Hey friend, don't so angry. Your parent brings up and takes care of you, you should be happy when you have both of parent, some kids are not like you.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 23 June, 2017 - 11:47

Yeah, I know, even my BFF lost her dad six years ago. It was a sad memory, she says. And I'm not angry with my parents. It's just that the question annoys me. But sometimes I do feel angry with my parents, but just temporarily. Temporary in case, just a couple of mins. That's all. I really love my parents. It's the truth. You can hate anyone but your family. :))))

LukasMahrez's picture
LukasMahrez 17 April, 2017 - 14:50

Is that sentence correct? "I look up to my parents, they are my heroes. When I grow up I want to take after them. I have been waiting they turn up here at my house and bring my dog along with them" thanks for helping :)

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 17 April, 2017 - 19:47

Hi LukasMahrez,
The sentence you wrote is very good. The only part I would change is this part: I have been waiting they turn up here ... I would put: I have been waiting for them to turn up ...
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

hadia's picture
hadia 26 November, 2016 - 17:52

I have taken my features from both of my parents. Anybody, who has either seen my father or mother, can recognize me. Some even say me that I am a smaller version of my Mom.
My family consists of 6 members. My parents, my elder sis and bro, I and my younger bro. Everyone treats me like a kid and I ,too, act like one :D. I never had to look after my bro. Because my Elder siblings are so responsible and they do it for my younger bro and I. They look after us. :D

baroonmlk's picture
baroonmlk 23 November, 2016 - 15:57

I take after my mum . I have a younger sister and to be honest , we don't get on well with each other , always discussing about nothing . and about my parents , I have been having problems with them lately, which I think is related to my age , or something ?!
but at least i have to say that i really love my family and that they are everything i have ♡♡♡

GiangLe's picture
GiangLe 23 September, 2016 - 22:49

I think I take after my dad. I have an older sister and I'm looked after by her:v
But I really want to have a younger sister because I like children,they are innocent and lovely
I get on quite well with my family, however, sometimes I still have conflicts with them, maybe about my study, my lifestyle, etc.Anyway, I love my family very much and they are the most important people in my life!