Look at the email and do the exercises to practise and improve your writing skills.

Do you have a big family?

Comments

anwar2000's picture
anwar2000 5 April, 2018 - 09:06

what's the difference between ( She's got long brown hair ) ( I've got long black hair )

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 5 April, 2018 - 13:49

The colour of her hair is brown; mine is black!
Am I answering your question, anwar2000??? ;)

omi9's picture
omi9 28 March, 2018 - 16:13

Hello everyone,
My name is omi. This is first time I am writing here. Now I am going to tell you about my family.
I have got a family of 5 members. My mom is a school teacher. She is 55 and has been suffering from cancer. My eldest sister is a teacher too. She is divorced and lives with us. My immediate elder sister is a government officer. She is married and blessed with 2 children. I am a software engineer working in a private company. I mainly develop Android Application. My younger sister is at 17 and going to appear Higher Secondary Exam(HSC). My father passed away at 2013 by a sudden heart attack. That's all about us.
Eagerly waiting to hear about you all.

Love
Omi

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20504x
Tina - Coordinator 29 March, 2018 - 07:51

Hello omi9!
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you could be older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best Wishes, Tina (LearnEnglishTeens Team)

mkabid's picture
mkabid 24 March, 2018 - 07:01

Let me tell you about my family, I,m Abid.I live in Dhaka capital of Bangladesh,When I was 8years old than I became separate from my parents,My parents live in village. As I,m little son of my parents sons that's way, my parents lot of think about me as well as they have kept touch with me over the phone every night. My father name is Siddiq ali khan,My mother name is Rokeya Bagum,My father is a business man and my mother is a house maker.As we are Asian that's way, we got black hair as well as black eyes,We are two brothers, my elder brother live in abroad to living earn and I have been studding

djoweken's picture
djoweken 26 February, 2018 - 18:01

hey ereryone,

Let me tell you about my family. Firstly, i have very big family. I live with my mum, my dad, my two little sisters and my two little brothers. We live in france. My mum's name is Béatrice. She's camerounian and she speak french and much traditional languages of cameroon. She's saleswoman. She's short an a bit fat, she'is got short, black hair and brown eyes. My dad's name is paul. He's camerounian too. He'is tall and slim! he's got short black hair and green eyes. He's accounting. My first sister kevine is 14 and she has a mental handicap. She loves watch TV. She's watches TV all the time! she's got long black hair and green eyes, i love her particularly. My another sister is 18 months. She's got short black hair and brown eyes. My two little brothers are a twins. They've short brown, hair and brown eyes together. I've short black hair and green eyes, i loves all my family. We don't have any animals.

Djouweken

srios2016's picture
srios2016 20 February, 2018 - 18:10

Hi!
My name is Santiago and I live in Quito, Ecuador. My family is small, my dad works in his computer, my mother works on a hardware store and finally my sister goes to school with me.

Achiever_P's picture
Achiever_P 17 February, 2018 - 16:36

Hi,
My name is Achiever ,my family consist of 5 member including me My mom her name is A
she is 50 years old ,she is a house maker and my dad he is 55 year old he is a farmer.my elder brother his name is P he works in health department and my younger brother he is studying in high school 8th standard. we live in India.

gvantsa1003's picture
gvantsa1003 16 February, 2018 - 13:10

Hello, I live in Georgia. I have a big family. My mother and father and 4 children.
My mother has brown eyes and hair. My father has black hair and brown eyes. I have black hair and brown eyes. my sisters and brother are pupils. We love and take care of each other .

can_reader's picture
can_reader 13 February, 2018 - 15:08

Hi. I live in turkey.I have small family.My mother's name Nurcan. She's have small, blonde hair and she have brown eyes. she's fat. My father's name Metin.He's have short, black and white hair (like geralt of rivia) He's boss in a bar.My brother's name Berkay. He's have short, black hair.He's work in algida.We had a little bird but it's died :'( but I don't spoil my morale.I missed it.We have a big house in luleburgaz.if you come to luleburgaz. we interest with you.
we like strangers.

PontusFilipsson2003's picture
PontusFilipsson2003 9 February, 2018 - 10:09

Hello my family is big. i have a mom, dad and a brother. we have 2 dogs and 2 cats to.
My dad works with electricity and my mom works at a school.

jujjejulle's picture
jujjejulle 9 February, 2018 - 10:06

I live in sweden with my mum, dad and my little sister. my mum is called Ulrika, my dad is called Mikael and my sister is Ida. I have 3 cats, Sixten, Pysen and Doris. Me and my sister go to school and my dad works with starsprings, he make beds and my mum works on gimranäs, she pick upp eggs from hens.

Thanks for reading.

marygee's picture
marygee 2 February, 2018 - 11:37

Dear Yoko,
Let me tell you about my family. I live with my parents, my brother , my bhabi and my beautiful daughter. We live in Islamabad My mum’s name is treeza. She’s Punjabi and speaks Punjabi and urdu. She’s a nurse. She is tall and fat, she’s black hair and black eyes.My dad name is a.javid. he’s also from Pakistan and belong to the proviance of Punjab.He has average hight.he has got short hair and black eyes.He works in a office.My brother also works in a office. He has got black hair and short hight.He listen pop muisic and like action movies.My brother is not like me I m looks like my Aunt and he looks like my dad. We have a pet dog, whiscker. whiscker is brown and white .
This was the brief introduction about my family.
Write me about your family.
Love
emaan

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 2 February, 2018 - 11:49

Hi, thanks for your comments. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish

Best wishes,

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

LETStudent's picture
LETStudent 31 January, 2018 - 15:46

Hello,
I have a big family but I live with my sister, she's name is Thul she has a long black hair and black eyes. She's tall and slim, she is a tailor. we have two member are live with us. my niece and my nephew they are students. they lives with us for study. My sister has two children. her little son is very smart and her daughter is so cute and she study chines.

Sahibzada's picture
Sahibzada 30 December, 2017 - 18:54

i live with my family. there are members in our house. my ad, my mum, my big twin brothers, my little sister and me of course. we have got a big house. my father works at a hospital as a surgeon, my mum is a housewife, my both rothers are doing their achlors , my little sister is a 6th class student and I'm doing my O'levels.

Inis's picture
Inis 29 December, 2017 - 20:40

I have a small family -a mother a father a brother and me .We live in a big house in a village . Rina my mother isn't working,she stays in house .She's got brown eyes and short brown hair and is tall.Durimi my father 's got blue eyes and curly short brown hair.He is a little chubby .He's got his oun business.My little brother Mandi is tall and has got brown hair and eyes.He likes very much football and is very good in it .

ashrafarzu's picture
ashrafarzu 15 December, 2017 - 02:13

I am ashraf. I have got a small family. I live with my mum,dad and big brother. my mum is a housewive. she is 40,short and has got long,black hair. my dad is a businessman and he is 50. he has got black eyes and short, black hair.my brrother is tall and has got short black hair. he loves to play football. I have got no pet animal. but I like to play football too.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 15 December, 2017 - 11:40

Hi ashrafarzu. That was a good description of your family! But people don't usually say 'black eyes' (because that means something different). Instead, you can say 'dark eyes' or 'brown eyes'. :)

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Ken's picture
Ken 7 December, 2017 - 13:14

When I was seven, my dad passed away. On that day, I had uneasy feelings about something at school. As soon as I went home, all my family members were told to rush over to the hospital where he was at a border between life and death, which was a fierce struggle. Soon, my Mom was also drawn up to heaven after struggling. I'm at loose end. Now I live with my grandpa who is peace like a river and likes a pipe. My siblings have been separated since then. There's a lot of drama about my family indeed.
(˘̩̩̩ε˘̩ƪ)

ibk's picture
-1x
ibk 4 December, 2017 - 10:20

No i don't have a very big family but, let talk about my family.

I live in small house which consist of my mother,my father,and my younger brother ,
it is located in Lagos Mainland Nigeria. The name of my mom is Olubunmi ,my mother work at a hospital as an house keeper,she is dark in complextion, she short ,she is very beautiful. My father's name is Debo , my dad is state worker ,he is dark in complextion,he is very tall he is very caring .My brother's name is Tobiloba,he loves to play soccer he is the captin of his school team ,he is dark in complextion.
I LOVE MY FAMILY
m

Miraculous's picture
Miraculous 13 December, 2017 - 10:49

No İ don;t have a very big family
I live in Azerbaijan.And i have sister and brother,and I have mother and father.

WhiteUser88's picture
WhiteUser88 3 December, 2017 - 15:57

Yes, I have a big famili. My famili live in Ukraine, but I'm in German for studying. So, I have a mather, who has name Ana. He's very smart person, who helps me every day, suport me and love me. He has light long hair, and brown eyes. I have father. His name is Roman. He's a bilding enginer, he's very smart and capable to bild houses. He's little fat and tall. He has short brown hair, and blue eyes. He is 35 years. Also I have a sister, who calls Nasty, he has 4 years. My famili is very bif, and I love then))

phvinayak's picture
phvinayak 29 November, 2017 - 07:18

Hi, I am Ph. I stay in a small village near Dehli with my mom, dad, and 2 sisters.
My 2 sisters are elder than me. One is married and another is working. My dad is a businessman. My mom is a homemaker. I love hiking, reading, and writing. Writing is my recently developed hobby. Currently, I am reading "Crucial conversation" by Patterson.

IamYegane's picture
IamYegane 17 November, 2017 - 16:01

Let me tell you about my family . I just have two sister . My older sister is 14 years and she is really nice , she helps me all the time , my younger sister is 10 years. My mother is a teacher . She works in school's office and my father is a University professor . We lives in a beautiful city in Iran . . One of my favorite person in my family is my older sister , because she makes me great person and she is helpful ...

ragavi's picture
ragavi 12 November, 2017 - 06:25

Hi Friends.I am Ragavi.I have a big family.My father is a dental doctor,my mum is a homemaker.I have one elder sister and brother.Both are completed their post graduation.now they are working.I like both of them.They take care me a lot.We three are in short height