Look at the email and do the exercises to practise and improve your writing skills.

Reading text

About my family

From: kellycali@ainrofilac.eg

To: yoko@idkwyl.ptm

Subject: My family

Dear Yoko

Let me tell you about my family. I live with my mum, my dad and my big sister. We live in California. My mum’s name is Carmen. She’s Mexican and she speaks English and Spanish. She’s a Spanish teacher. She’s short and slim, she’s got long, brown hair and brown eyes. My dad’s name is David. He’s American. He’s tall and a little fat! He’s got short brown hair and blue eyes. He works in a bank. My sister Shania is 14 and she loves listening to music. She listens to music all the time! She’s got long brown hair and green eyes, like me. I’ve got long hair too. We’ve got a pet dog, Brandy. He’s black and white and very friendly.

Write soon and tell me about your family.

Love

Kelly

Topics:

Do you have a big family?

Comments

KeremAkif's picture
KeremAkif 13 November, 2018 - 14:46

Hi. I am İremsu. I am thirteen years old. I live in a big house with my father, my mother and my little brothers. My parents are Turkish. Both of them are teachers. I am the eighth grade student. I am tall and slim. I have got short wavy brunette hair and hazel eyes. I am very hardworking.

Best Wishes

İremsu

Samiv's picture
Samiv 23 October, 2018 - 11:23

so not very big...I have two brother. Hamid got married last year.Hesam is livinig with my mom and my dad. i'm married too. Hesam got engaged last year.Hamid is older than Hesam and me is middle.My mothe is hoesewife and my father is retired.my husband's name is Peyman.one of his interesting is watching move.he is an engineer and bout me; i'm student in fashion design.

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20504x
Tina - Coordinator 23 October, 2018 - 17:50

Dear Samiv!
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best wishes, Tina (LearnEnglish Teens team)

anhutf's picture
anhutf 21 October, 2018 - 10:29

Hello. My name is Nhut. I come from Vietnam. I have a big family. I live with my dad, my mun, older brother and younger brother. I am 16 year old. I am a student. I have tall and slim. I have got short, black hair and brown eyes.

Deniz0118's picture
Deniz0118 9 October, 2018 - 21:19

TO:MEHMET TEACHER
SUBJECT:Hİ!
Hİ!
My name is ILGIN DENİZ.I'm form Ankara.I'm 19 . I'm a student. My depertment Economics.I like swimming and listen to English musics.My favourite subjects are all lessons. I'm good at sports,too.I can swim,listen to English musics,volleyball,basketball,football,badminton and take for a walk... etc. I have middle height and overweight. I have brown eyes and short brown hair. My characteristic features are stayger, covetousness, clever,mature and polite . I have small family. I have a brother. His name is Kıvanç. I named him. He is 12 . My mother's name is Serpil. She is 48. My father's name is Ayhan. He is 52. They are my precious.
TAKE CARE ÖF YOURSELF
SEE YOU LATER
ILGIN DENİZ

JoModerator's picture
JoModerator 10 October, 2018 - 08:18

Hi Deniz0118,

Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens team)

HelloRapClick's picture
HelloRapClick 5 October, 2018 - 17:36

No,İ dont have a very big family.
İ live in Azeirbaijan. İ have sister,mother and father.

Tutor's picture
Tutor 1 October, 2018 - 15:51

Dear Habib,

Let me introduce about my family first. I live in a small but nice village with my family. In my family, there five members me, my two brothers and parents. My father is a farmer and mother is a housewife. My elder brother works for a company and younger brother is a mechanic of bicycles. And I am a student of a National University and majored in Bengali Literature.

Write and tell me soon about your family.

Yours ever,
Ashraful

Abdirahman's picture
Abdirahman 9 August, 2018 - 11:48

I am Abdirahman and I am 17 years old. I live with my family. My Mum, my four younger sister and my older brother. My dad passed away in 2017. My Mum is very slim, she's got long black hair. she works at a bank. My four younger sisters, two are in primary and other two are in intermediate school. My older brother is in the university, he is in the second year. My brother is a bite fat and he's got short black hair and brown eyes. My four sisters are slim, they've got black long hair and with black eyes

Love
Abdirahman

UrbaezEdith's picture
UrbaezEdith 4 July, 2018 - 15:50

let me introduce about my family. I live with my mum, my dad and my siblings . We live in Dominican Republic. My mum´s name is Argelia. She´s beautifull and speak spanish. She´s stylist. She´s small. She´s short blond hair and brown eyes.

anwar2000's picture
anwar2000 5 April, 2018 - 09:06

what's the difference between ( She's got long brown hair ) ( I've got long black hair )

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 5 April, 2018 - 13:49

The colour of her hair is brown; mine is black!
Am I answering your question, anwar2000??? ;)

omi9's picture
omi9 28 March, 2018 - 16:13

Hello everyone,
My name is omi. This is first time I am writing here. Now I am going to tell you about my family.
I have got a family of 5 members. My mom is a school teacher. She is 55 and has been suffering from cancer. My eldest sister is a teacher too. She is divorced and lives with us. My immediate elder sister is a government officer. She is married and blessed with 2 children. I am a software engineer working in a private company. I mainly develop Android Application. My younger sister is at 17 and going to appear Higher Secondary Exam(HSC). My father passed away at 2013 by a sudden heart attack. That's all about us.
Eagerly waiting to hear about you all.

Love
Omi

Tina - Coordinator's picture
20504x
Tina - Coordinator 29 March, 2018 - 07:51

Hello omi9!
Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you could be older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best Wishes, Tina (LearnEnglishTeens Team)

mkabid's picture
mkabid 24 March, 2018 - 07:01

Let me tell you about my family, I,m Abid.I live in Dhaka capital of Bangladesh,When I was 8years old than I became separate from my parents,My parents live in village. As I,m little son of my parents sons that's way, my parents lot of think about me as well as they have kept touch with me over the phone every night. My father name is Siddiq ali khan,My mother name is Rokeya Bagum,My father is a business man and my mother is a house maker.As we are Asian that's way, we got black hair as well as black eyes,We are two brothers, my elder brother live in abroad to living earn and I have been studding

djoweken's picture
djoweken 26 February, 2018 - 18:01

hey ereryone,

Let me tell you about my family. Firstly, i have very big family. I live with my mum, my dad, my two little sisters and my two little brothers. We live in france. My mum's name is Béatrice. She's camerounian and she speak french and much traditional languages of cameroon. She's saleswoman. She's short an a bit fat, she'is got short, black hair and brown eyes. My dad's name is paul. He's camerounian too. He'is tall and slim! he's got short black hair and green eyes. He's accounting. My first sister kevine is 14 and she has a mental handicap. She loves watch TV. She's watches TV all the time! she's got long black hair and green eyes, i love her particularly. My another sister is 18 months. She's got short black hair and brown eyes. My two little brothers are a twins. They've short brown, hair and brown eyes together. I've short black hair and green eyes, i loves all my family. We don't have any animals.

Djouweken

srios2016's picture
srios2016 20 February, 2018 - 18:10

Hi!
My name is Santiago and I live in Quito, Ecuador. My family is small, my dad works in his computer, my mother works on a hardware store and finally my sister goes to school with me.

Achiever_P's picture
Achiever_P 17 February, 2018 - 16:36

Hi,
My name is Achiever ,my family consist of 5 member including me My mom her name is A
she is 50 years old ,she is a house maker and my dad he is 55 year old he is a farmer.my elder brother his name is P he works in health department and my younger brother he is studying in high school 8th standard. we live in India.

gvantsa1003's picture
gvantsa1003 16 February, 2018 - 13:10

Hello, I live in Georgia. I have a big family. My mother and father and 4 children.
My mother has brown eyes and hair. My father has black hair and brown eyes. I have black hair and brown eyes. my sisters and brother are pupils. We love and take care of each other .

can_reader's picture
can_reader 13 February, 2018 - 15:08

Hi. I live in turkey.I have small family.My mother's name Nurcan. She's have small, blonde hair and she have brown eyes. she's fat. My father's name Metin.He's have short, black and white hair (like geralt of rivia) He's boss in a bar.My brother's name Berkay. He's have short, black hair.He's work in algida.We had a little bird but it's died :'( but I don't spoil my morale.I missed it.We have a big house in luleburgaz.if you come to luleburgaz. we interest with you.
we like strangers.

PontusFilipsson2003's picture
PontusFilipsson2003 9 February, 2018 - 10:09

Hello my family is big. i have a mom, dad and a brother. we have 2 dogs and 2 cats to.
My dad works with electricity and my mom works at a school.

jujjejulle's picture
jujjejulle 9 February, 2018 - 10:06

I live in sweden with my mum, dad and my little sister. my mum is called Ulrika, my dad is called Mikael and my sister is Ida. I have 3 cats, Sixten, Pysen and Doris. Me and my sister go to school and my dad works with starsprings, he make beds and my mum works on gimranäs, she pick upp eggs from hens.

Thanks for reading.

marygee's picture
marygee 2 February, 2018 - 11:37

Dear Yoko,
Let me tell you about my family. I live with my parents, my brother , my bhabi and my beautiful daughter. We live in Islamabad My mum’s name is treeza. She’s Punjabi and speaks Punjabi and urdu. She’s a nurse. She is tall and fat, she’s black hair and black eyes.My dad name is a.javid. he’s also from Pakistan and belong to the proviance of Punjab.He has average hight.he has got short hair and black eyes.He works in a office.My brother also works in a office. He has got black hair and short hight.He listen pop muisic and like action movies.My brother is not like me I m looks like my Aunt and he looks like my dad. We have a pet dog, whiscker. whiscker is brown and white .
This was the brief introduction about my family.
Write me about your family.
Love
emaan

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 2 February, 2018 - 11:49

Hi, thanks for your comments. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish

Best wishes,

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

LETStudent's picture
LETStudent 31 January, 2018 - 15:46

Hello,
I have a big family but I live with my sister, she's name is Thul she has a long black hair and black eyes. She's tall and slim, she is a tailor. we have two member are live with us. my niece and my nephew they are students. they lives with us for study. My sister has two children. her little son is very smart and her daughter is so cute and she study chines.