Listen to the conversation and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.
Topics:

Is there a library at your school? Do you like going to the library?

Comments

Tutor's picture
Tutor 4 October, 2018 - 03:48

Is there a library at your school? Do you like going to the library?

A:Yes, absolutely. At any school there is a library, I suppose. And I often would go to the school library to read different kinds of books. I love reading books.
And yes, I really love going to the library.

khanhlinh92004's picture
khanhlinh92004 24 July, 2018 - 11:57

My school has a library. Although my school's library is small, it has a lot of worth books to read. Almost the books are old but worthy. I usually go to the library to look for some of my favorite books with my friends. One thing I read in the school library's books is: "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go."

Mughal's picture
Mughal 26 June, 2018 - 08:49

school librarian asked from Lucy. Have you got a photo ? is there same as "Do you have a photo ?

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 26 June, 2018 - 15:55

Hi Mughal. Yes, that's right :) "Do you have ..." and "Have you got ..." mean the same thing.

"Have you got ..." is quite common in British English.

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

myname's picture
myname 16 May, 2018 - 14:16

Yes, my school has a big library. It has many interesting books and novels. I love reading so I go to the library everyday.

Vantuongle's picture
Vantuongle 2 May, 2018 - 10:06

When i was student, i ussually came to the library to find the doccument and any books which i like, special about the law.

Johnleminh1's picture
Johnleminh1 1 May, 2018 - 15:01

There was a big library when I studied at national economic university. When I started each exam, I usually went to the library to find a document. and sometimes, when I had free times, I went to the library to read about my object.
For a long time, since I have finished study at university. I didn't go to the library any more

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 1 May, 2018 - 16:31

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but as you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish Thanks :)

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

smilemaria85's picture
smilemaria85 18 April, 2018 - 17:20

We don't have a big library but it is enough for us. In my school we don't like reading books in library. We prefer playing chess,studying some lessons or group projects. But we have our own books in our houses.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 5 April, 2018 - 14:53

Yes,there’s a library in my school. But it’s useless for us because almost all of the books are kept in cupboard.They are locked and nobody can borrow them. All I can do in Library is only reading comic books.That’s why nobody go to school Library thesedays.I have to go to British Council Library and American Center Library to borrow good books. These are my favorite places .There are a thousand of books there. I love spending my time there by searching books to borrow.It’s just a heaven for bookworms.

HULK's picture
HULK 16 December, 2017 - 19:39

yes i do, my school have a very big and new library, i visit it a lot because i like reading so much. i like reading in biology, history and bioinformatics especially any thing new about cancer research and medicine manufacture.

WhiteUser88's picture
WhiteUser88 3 December, 2017 - 14:44

My school didn't have a librarian, but I wanted to read and find out differens information very much. I was looking forward a librerian in my sity. I found it. Now, I go to there every day, and read differens books about computers.

perutiona's picture
-1x
perutiona 29 November, 2017 - 20:38

There is a library in my school, but actually, I have reading just on the internet or on my Kindle device. That is because in a majority libraries in my country has just physical books and not have computers.

luulyytcc's picture
luulyytcc 10 October, 2017 - 23:07

Yes, of coures. I often go to the library.
My school has a nice library. It's so large, so pretty good and quiet. I really like it.
Library is an ideal place to study

thanhluan1998's picture
thanhluan1998 9 October, 2017 - 13:26

yes, my school has one librari too, but i don't go there. Because, i have PC and can learn
Englsh so easier

Karina1990's picture
Karina1990 30 September, 2017 - 20:26

Hi! Yes, In my school it's a library. I don't often go there. Because I usualy read books in eletronic format.

Kimdung2017's picture
Kimdung2017 28 September, 2017 - 04:06

yes, of course. There is a small library at my school. I really like going to the library because there are many books. I can read them all day. I love it so much :)

mydream2k2's picture
-5x
mydream2k2 27 September, 2017 - 16:04

My school library has been building. But I guess that it will not have many books and doesn't open often. Sounds boring.

Silent_Soul's picture
Silent_Soul 8 September, 2017 - 05:21

Yes. A small library at my school but it has many types books. Maximum time go there for reading a novel.