Listen to the radio interview and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Do you sleep well? How many hours do you sleep a night?

Comments

agaliarept's picture
agaliarept 9 February, 2019 - 15:55

I sleep around eigth hours, and that is enough for letting my brain rest and enter the phase of rapid eye movement, with the porpose of start the next day whit all energy.

wanna123's picture
wanna123 31 December, 2018 - 08:56

Hmm... I think i rarely have a good bed time. I play a lot in the daytime, and I just study in the night. And when I go to bed, i use smartphone a long time before I really sleep. I just sleep 5 hours, then I wake up in the morning and go to school, but I always feel sleepy too much. So, I spend my weekend to sleep all day. I think I need to improve myself better.

shfffzzz's picture
shfffzzz 29 December, 2018 - 11:53

we really need to sleep well at night so we can spend our next day with a good health , Thank you for the tips

Tutor's picture
Tutor 1 October, 2018 - 13:55

Yes, I do...... I do sleep well. But when I'm in bad moments I can't sleep well and it's normal for others also.

I sleep about 6 - 7 hours a day.

Haris99's picture
Haris99 1 October, 2018 - 02:09

I don't think so, I only sleep five to six hours a day and sometimes it makes me sleepy during the day.

arifpamujii's picture
arifpamujii 30 September, 2018 - 15:46

Hello everyone, This is my first comment here :)
I don't sleep well and that's why I'm always tired in the morning. My main problem is that many of my dorm friends sleep late at night. I can't sleep because of being disturbed. So my daily sleep is 5-6 hours and that is not enough for me. sleep tips for me so that the morning feels fit and doesn't feel tired in the morning.

khanhlinh92004's picture
khanhlinh92004 23 July, 2018 - 10:58

I didn't sleep well last night. The weather is too hot. I try to sleep but I couldn't. I left my bed and went out. Suddenly, I saw something in the corner of my room. I came close and touched it. And it jumped on my hand. It was a mouse. Terrible! I threw it away and ran into the bathroom. And I saw another mouse. What a horrible night! I couldn't sleep all night. And I was late for school this morning. I hate mouse. Tonight, I will check the room before going to bed. I wish I will sleep well tonight.

Sea_Pearl's picture
Sea_Pearl 7 July, 2018 - 10:40

Excuse me, I've been trying to download the audio file, but it is not working.
I am using chrome and it says "this site can't be reached".
how can I solve this problem?

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 9 July, 2018 - 08:23

Hi Sea_Pearl,
Thanks for your comment. I've just checked and the audio file downloads fine so I think your problem is a local one on your computer. Please try on another computer or device and try another browser. You can also try to 'clear the cache' on Chrome and then try again.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

UrbaezEdith's picture
UrbaezEdith 5 July, 2018 - 04:02

I sleep well but, i think a lot after bedtime. Leave fron now. I don’t go to do that again. I sleep seven hours at night

Mughal's picture
Mughal 25 June, 2018 - 17:10

No, i don't sleep very well because i have many ideas during the sleeping-time.And i sleep eight to ninth hours for a night.

Mughal's picture
Mughal 25 June, 2018 - 14:38

please teach me about what does it mean "It's great to be here". Dr Baker said in the studio.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 26 June, 2018 - 04:18

Hi Mughal! This is a phrase commonly used by a guest on a show or television programme. When the presenter introduces the guest or says 'Welcome', the guest can reply 'It's great to be here' (= I am happy to be here / I am happy to be here on this show). Does that help? :)

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 29 May, 2018 - 03:49

Hi Emy99. I've just tested it, and it seems to be working fine for me. Can you tell us which browser you are using (e.g. Chrome, Safari)?

If it doesn't play for you, here are some things you can try.

• Download the mp3 using the link.
  • Try using a different web browser.
  • Try using a different computer/phone to check if it works there.

Let us know how it goes :)

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)