Look at the exam question and essay and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

Is fast food popular in your country? Do you think it causes health problems or any other kinds of problems?

Comments

JohnC103's picture
JohnC103 11 August, 2021 - 02:18

Fast food is also popular in Vietnam especially KFC. People often comes here for parties or dinner. In my opinion fast food is not good, but it's important for people who doesn't have enough time for a nice breakfast. On the other hand, eating too much fast food can cause fat, dental cavities, increase risk of depression. To conclude, we mustn't eat too much fast food, eat it in right time and the right places.

Msharymnn's picture
Msharymnn 19 January, 2021 - 17:36

yes in my country it is so much poplouar everyone eat them there is no exceptions yes it hurts you when you eat a lot of it like you eat every two days or something this will hurt you but like once in a week or twice won't heart

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 20 May, 2020 - 13:33

Here in Korea, (of coures I'm South Korean!) People tends to eat a lot of fast foods. Most of the people eat fast foods even they know it's not good for our health. But my family don't eat it too much, because we know it is harmful for our health. I've been teached that fast foods are very harmful for us, that can cause cancer and heart disease. Also, one hamburger include about 450 calories which can make us an obese people. And we eat burgers with french fries, sodas, chicken nuggets, ice cream, or even pizza. Can you imagine the result of this situation? Yeah, of course, you will probably get diabetes or hypertension. I want to be a healthy, muscular man. I do NEVER want to die 'cause of the little salty burger combos. How about you? D'ye agree with me? I think I eat these junk foods about once two monthes. But I eat breads and pasta (anythingelse which are made from wheat) almost every day, so I think it's not good for my health too. I'll try to eat only the healthy foods just like my country's traditional foods such as Bap, Kimchi, Bulgogi and Duenjang Jjigae. Also, I'll try to eat less Ddeobokki than usual. i'm looking foward to see my perfect health!

Gotcha's picture
Gotcha 30 March, 2020 - 12:09

Here in Denmark we hate this thing called “fast food”. We cook EVERYTHING in several days just to get the right taste. We are very picky about not eat too fast. People call us super Marino’s if we eat too fast. So remember folks/homies/friends, that if you eat, then you like get it

Madhu's picture
Madhu 7 March, 2019 - 10:16

Is it necessary to write 4th paragraph in our essay ? Which means contrasting opposing views?

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 8 March, 2019 - 11:13

Hi Madhu,

Well, it might depend exactly what the instructions are, but yes, it's a good idea to balance your essay by discussing the opposing view. This is because it shows that you have considered all aspects of the situation.

Hope that helps!

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team

IamYegane's picture
IamYegane 24 July, 2018 - 14:48

In Iran, fast food is the most popular food! people always go out at 1 a.m to restaurants to eat fast food!
I don't really care about fast food because that's unhealthy! I always avoid them because i want to be a healthy person!!

ibk's picture
ibk 7 December, 2017 - 11:19

Fast food in Nigeria is very common most especially in Lagos that has the estimated population of 17.5 million people ,Here fast food is at every corner of the street, you see different kind of food vendors some even cook in dirty environment and yet still get customers. Some people get sick as a result of this dirty cooking environment. These common sickness include cholera ,upset stomach,abdominal cramps,nausea and vomiting,diarrhea,fever and dehydration. But now the NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD DRUG ADMINISTRATION CONTROL popularly known as NAFDAC is putting a stop to the dirty cooking vendor in the state.

hadia's picture
hadia 25 May, 2017 - 11:11

Fast food is much popular here, in Pakistan. I guess it cause much health problems and should be avoided. It should not be eaten often. But on special occasions only, if one likes them much. :P