Football is more popular than ever among British girls and women. Meet Kitty and her team as they prepare for a big match.

Do girls have many opportunities to play football where you live?

Comments

Sosol's picture
Sosol 28 November, 2019 - 20:34

This video shows that women football is more practiced in England that in France. But since the Women's World cup, french disclosed that girls play as well as boys. And me, since the world cup, I prefer watch a women match than a boy.

kadeos12's picture
kadeos12 28 November, 2019 - 18:17

Thank to this video we can see that football is not only for a boys and that girls are perfectly able to play this sport as well. No sport is reserved for boys. Everyone can do what they want.

eamlise's picture
eamlise 28 November, 2019 - 17:33

At home, football is open to everyone.
As much girls as guys are accepted in football clubs.
There is a lot of women's teams.
This shows that football is not only for boys, but for girls too.

eiledua's picture
eiledua 28 November, 2019 - 17:18

It's a good question.
Where I live football is very accessible to girls, there are many clubs that have women's football teams.
Which makes it easy to play football if you like it.

JeantheCloud's picture
JeantheCloud 27 November, 2019 - 21:32

Yes they have a lot of opportunities now and the feminine football is more popular than before. There is still some people who says that football is not for girls but it's a minority and my country's national feminine football team is here to prove that these people are wrong. It also prooves that football in France is not only for boys but also for girls and women.
It's very good that now, we can say that feminine football in France is not as discriminated as it was before.

blan_gou_01's picture
blan_gou_01 27 November, 2019 - 16:34

Hello
Before ; it’s juste men play football but now a lot of girl play football and we have almost become Word champion in 2019

KaliandKira's picture
KaliandKira 26 November, 2019 - 18:56

Hi ! We know that the football was not allowed for the girls. Today, many girls play the football. It's fabulous ! We were the girls et we're proud ! Go the girls !!!

empty's picture
empty 26 July, 2019 - 10:56

Hello . I like Football but I don't practice .
could you help me please I don't know the meaning of goosebumps . Thank you .

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 27 July, 2019 - 18:56

Hi empty,

Good question! Goosebumps are little raised dots that you get on your skin when you're cold, but you can also get them when you're scared or excited. They make the little hairs on our skin stand up!

Hope that helps! It's great to see all the comments from you :-)

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team

PovedaSantiago's picture
PovedaSantiago 20 September, 2017 - 20:38

While we are in a macho world as of now, I can say that my country allows women to practice different sports, different national teams have their women's teams and the different schools of soccer in which I practiced I been able to do it with women, in my opinion women have the right to practice and play football, since we have the same rights and if we look in Colombia have great Olympic medalists who are women.

Paularamirez's picture
Paularamirez 25 September, 2017 - 15:23

i think the women that play soccer in my country have much oportiunities because they can participate in various team with different coach and sponsor. they can travel to much places around the world to championships because they practice since very little. they play soccer with women very good that teach to be better.

S4NT1A60's picture
S4NT1A60 15 September, 2017 - 03:33

In my country, women have the same oportunities at sports than men, it is false that you cant do something that other people can do perfectly for your gender

ivansilva's picture
ivansilva 15 September, 2017 - 03:29

in my country the women's football is not popular because the possibilities are very few and the support is very bad this will be better if more institutions of this sport are obtained for women because many academies are only for men, another problem are the esteoreotypes that many discriminate and alienate women in this sport.

DanielRocha's picture
DanielRocha 14 September, 2017 - 21:05

I don´t Know, i consider that in my country the opportunities is very scarces, because here the womens do not have the same opportinuties that in other countries, because in my country there´s a lot sexism and this is the principal reason of why in my country dont many opportunities.

Rafaelbeltran17's picture
Rafaelbeltran17 14 September, 2017 - 21:05

In Colombia, the girls have many opportunities play soccer in soccer schools, but in the moment that want to play in a professional team, the men do not let, because in Colombia exist a lot of sexism, also, she believe them "Weak sex".

Mateo_24's picture
Mateo_24 14 September, 2017 - 21:04

in colombia the women dont have the same opportunities that´s men because our society has a chauvinist culture

dgerardor2's picture
dgerardor2 14 September, 2017 - 21:04

Hi everybody

In my opinion, i think that is to difficult the women be professional, because in my culture football is a thing only for men. I really love football and i wish that women have the same opportunities because they can play very well, only need supports from us

santiago_guavita's picture
santiago_guavita 14 September, 2017 - 21:04

OK, in my country no have much importance for the football with womens because have much sexism and the mens have more popularity between the country

mateorivera's picture
mateorivera 14 September, 2017 - 21:04

in my country, so far women are opening the field because Colombia is a country where there is little possibility for women footballers but little by little they have been able to have possibilities to be professionals. More and more sponsors are supporting their talent and they are going to play the best teams in the world.

vanessasierra's picture
vanessasierra 14 September, 2017 - 21:03

No, I think that in Colombia prefer teams where play boys, because they think that boys play better and this in false for me. Everyone are same and that just play mes is unfair.

I think that my country should let play more women, they can play as men do and also support more the women team.

floriandavid's picture
floriandavid 14 September, 2017 - 21:03

I think that in Colombia there are almost no womens football opportunities, because big companies do not want to sponsors these womens teams. But someday will change this idea in my Country and we will be world champions in womens soccer.

Luisorjuela99's picture
Luisorjuela99 14 September, 2017 - 21:00

i consider that in my country the womens dosent play soccer because they prefer other things but in colombia the mens play better than women because the mens like soccer because for they are a passion

JulianRv's picture
JulianRv 14 September, 2017 - 21:00

I think that in our country the girls like the soccer but they don´t have many opportunities because our culture doesn´t like much soccer. Something woman play soccer because is must funny but something woman think that is the man

VictorABarajas's picture
VictorABarajas 14 September, 2017 - 20:59

yes, but is very difficult, in my country the some woman like play a sport, for example in my school y don't see a girls play fotoball, but in my neighborhood, the girls play fotball or the other sport. i thing, that the girls no see the oportunity for play

JuanCuadros's picture
JuanCuadros 14 September, 2017 - 20:59

The girls practiced football in my country but have less oportunities than men, because the men have many oportunities women who like football and practice it can become professionals but it is very difficult. The women who are professional players are the best players in the world. There are colombian women

DavidAmaya's picture
DavidAmaya 14 September, 2017 - 20:59

yes, of corse, in Colombia we have the best girls football team of latinamerica. They are very good players. I relly like to see that kind of match

karenrosas's picture
karenrosas 14 September, 2017 - 20:59

no, the oportunity is most for the men, because the men in the last years they have had a better process that the women, and now the volved and the women now playing football.

sebastiangomez's picture
sebastiangomez 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

is a interesting question, but in my country the opportunitys for the girls about she are playing footbal in my country, ist very common see mens played football than girls, and ist very sad this situacion. I will hope this situacion get better.

danieldiaz's picture
danieldiaz 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

Yes, of corse that because in my country have team to football to girs and is the best teams in the country is site in Bogota city, you go to parctis in old moment.

juangonzalez's picture
juangonzalez 14 September, 2017 - 20:58

In my country all the girls have many opportunities to practice this sport, but no all the girls like football :(