Look at the email and do the exercises to practise and improve your writing skills.

Reading

About my family

From: kellycali@ainrofilac.eg

To: yoko@idkwyl.ptm

Subject: My family

Dear Yoko

Let me tell you about my family. I live with my mum, my dad and my big sister. We live in California. My mum’s name is Carmen. She’s Mexican and she speaks English and Spanish. She’s a Spanish teacher. She’s short and slim, she’s got long, brown hair and brown eyes. My dad’s name is David. He’s American. He’s tall and a little fat! He’s got short brown hair and blue eyes. He works in a bank. My sister Shania is 14 and she loves listening to music. She listens to music all the time! She’s got long brown hair and green eyes, like me. I’ve got long hair too. We’ve got a pet dog, Brandy. He’s black and white and very friendly.

Write soon and tell me about your family.

Love

Kelly

Topics:

Do you have a big family?

Comments

rumaysa's picture
rumaysa 11 August, 2020 - 12:01

Dear Yoko.
Let me tell you about my family. Well, my name's Reyna and I am 15. I've got a mother, father, little brother, and sister. So, my little brother is 8 years old and he is very noisy. But my sister is very helpful. And she always helps me to wash the dishes all the time. My mom is a teacher of the English language. She has got long brown hair and brown eyes like me. She is a very beautiful woman. My dad is a journalist and he always knows what he should do. We are a happy family and we will always help in need!
Lots of love
Reyna!)

Lama_jyg's picture
Lama_jyg 3 August, 2020 - 16:28

Hi everyone
Let me tell you about my family. I live with my dad ,my mum, thee sisters and one brother. We live in big house in Saudi Arabia . My mum is Syrian and she is a teacher. My dad is cabten helicopters. My sister is tall and fat. My brother is study in university in USA.

zagrybast's picture
zagrybast 27 July, 2020 - 14:05

Hi everyone! I live with my mum, my dad and my brother. We live in Russia. My mom’s short, she’s got short blond hair. She works as a doctor. My dad’s tall and strong, he works as a mechanic. My brother’s tall and little (not little) fat. He study in the college.

truongngodang's picture
truongngodang 4 July, 2020 - 05:42

About my family

Dear Michael Buble,

Let me tell you about my family. I live with my parents. I am an only child. We live at urban of Ha Noi. My Mother is working at a preschool as a chef and my father is working for a publish company. His work is transport schoolbooks from warehouse to container truck. Because His work is the limbs so He is very strong. This year, He is 56 years old. I am so proud about my parents. And me, I am 24 years old. Actually, I am working for a technology company. I don’t get married yet. In this year, I wanna have a girl friend, I used to like a girl but she rejected me so I was so boring but now, I am ok. I am ready for new relationship.

Best regards,

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 4 July, 2020 - 10:07

Hi truongngodang,

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.

Best wishes,

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team

ali2009's picture
ali2009 26 June, 2020 - 13:14

hi guys today each one of you will have a chance to know more about me and my family.We are from moroco and we live at Rabat,we are 4 members me ,my brother,my dad and my mom,maybe some day we will have a chance to have a pet,if my mom agree, my mom work as a teacher, me and my brother study in a medium size school it near to us we are hardworking students we got the best marks in the school, my dad work in the healh ministry , in holidays i love to go to grand parents house.

IANPAUL's picture
IANPAUL 22 June, 2020 - 20:40

My family has a 4 members: Dad, mom, my little brother and my.
We live in Mexico, My mom is is of medium height and and is very responsible, She is a nurse.
My dad is tall and hard working,his job is systems technician.

My brother is younger than me, and right now he is in the process of going to primary school.

Raichenko's picture
Raichenko 22 June, 2020 - 11:56

Hello everybody!
Let me tell you about my family. I live with my mom, my dad and my big sister. My mom's name is Inna. She's Russian and she works as an administrator in a hospital. She has short, blond hair. she's not tall and she has small brown eyes. By the way she wears glasses and loves to read books My father's name's Max. He's very tall. He is bald with freckles and blue eyes. He works in a police. My big sis's name is Sasha. She's very tall like a dad. She has shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. She is a 4th year College student. And my name is Jenni. I'm very tall too( like my dad again) I have shoulder length brown hair. And my eyes are brown and green. I have a snub nose. And I don't look like my family at all except for my height/
Bye)

Racha's picture
Racha 29 May, 2020 - 21:58

I live with my mum , my dad , my 4 sisters and my brother .We live in Algeria , my mum name is fouziya . She is Algerian . She is tall and litlle fat . She is got short brown hair and brown eyes . My dad s name is Djamal . He is Algeria .He is tall and slim . He is got short brown hair and brown eyes . He works a dealer . My brother Mouhamed is 11 and short brown hair and brown eyes . Like me .

ICAN's picture
ICAN 22 May, 2020 - 15:02

Hi! Let me tell you about my family. I live with my dad and my mum. I don't have a sister and a brother. I am the first child and last child in my family. My mum's Indonesian. She has big eyes, brown eyes, and short hair. The color of her hair is black. She is tall. She is a kind person. My dad's Indonesian too. He has black eyes, short hair, and a slim body. He is a very funny person, in my view. I love them very much. I think I can't live without them. They're always my happiness.

KevinGH17's picture
KevinGH17 4 June, 2020 - 05:08

Hi, my name is Kevin I'm 16 years old and I will talk about my family. I live with my mum, my dad, my big sister and my little brother. We live in Huixquilucan. My mum's name is Estela. She's Mexican. She's short and slim, she's got long black hair and brown eyes. My dad's name is Gerardo. He’s tall and slim. He's got short brown hair and brown eyes. He works in a printing house. My sister Mitzi is 19 and she likes drawing. She's got short brown hair and brown eyes. My brother Gael is 12 and loves playing with the console of videogames. He's got short brown hair and brown eyes. I've got short brown hair too. We've got a pet dog, Luna. She's black and very friendly.

Hardi's picture
Hardi 5 April, 2020 - 15:58

Let me tell you about my dear family. I live with my dad , my mom and my big brother. My dad is 60 . he's got short white hair. He's got borwn eyes. my mom is 50 years. she is a house wife. she's got long dark hair. Her name's mom is Maryma. My brother is 15 . He loves listening to music . He listens music all the time . l love them most .

rain_ran_r's picture
rain_ran_r 28 March, 2020 - 18:54

Hello,
Let me introduce my family. I live in Michigan with my mom and dad, and I'm the only child in my family. My parents both have black hair, so did I. My mom likes to plant flowers around my house, and my dad is very good at cooking. We don't have any pets in my house, so I wish to have a pet cat, and my parents wish to have a pet dog, but unluckily, I'm afraid to the dogs.

wesleysart's picture
wesleysart 26 March, 2020 - 22:06

Hi, my name's Wesley
I live with my parents and my sister. my mother's name is Elaine and my father's name is Silvino, my sister's is Leticia she is 12.
my father is a engineer and my mother is a nurse.
we're Brazilians and we have a dog.

Boundlessdrop's picture
Boundlessdrop 2 March, 2020 - 19:41

Hi
Let me tell you something about my family.
I live in urmia in Iran
I live with my dad,mum and my little sister
My mum and dad are teachers.
I go to high school and I am so interested in learning english .
Best wishes
Shabnam

Wisewolf's picture
Wisewolf 1 March, 2020 - 15:49

Hi! My Name is Adriel. Mi family is a big one. It's conformed by many members. I live with my mom, my dad, my three sisters, my two uncles and cousin, and my grandma. My mom is a very good fisioterapist, she's short and a little fat. She have long, red hair and brown eyes. My dad is an agronomist, he's a little more taller than my mom. He have short, yellow hair and brown eyes. My older sister name is Lorena, She's a accountant in a audit enterprise. She have short, black hair and a very strange eyes color, they look like a combination of honey and grass. My two other sisters are younger than me. The older of two of them named Anabella, she have short, brown hair and brown eyes. The younger namend Angie, she have long, yellow hair and brown eyes. All of us live in Paraguay.

joycean's picture
joycean 12 February, 2020 - 10:23

Hi my name is Joy. I have family and there is 4 members. I'm from Indonesia. My dad and my mother works as food vendors then my brother is a student at the University one of Indonesia country and this time i'm waiting for exam in April. I hope I can do my best for the exam.

Ethan's picture
Ethan 29 January, 2020 - 17:18

Hello, my name is Angel
We have 3 in my family. My mom's name is Susana, she works in an office in the center of the city. My sister's name is Liz, she works in another city. She is short with long black hair. And I live in Puno, so I study in Puno.

Elife's picture
Elife 22 January, 2020 - 00:01

Hello
Let me tell you about my family. My family has 5 members - mum, dad, brother, sister and me. We live in Peru. My mum’s short and slim, she’s got long, black hair and brown eyes. My dad’s a good person. He’s tall and a little slim! He’s got short black hair and black eyes. He is 57 years old. My brother is engineer and he loves watching movie. My small sister is a student. She listens to music and loves doing crafts. I’m an engineer too. We’ve got two pet dog, both are naughty.

JoModerator's picture
JoModerator 23 January, 2020 - 08:09

Hi Elife,

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you could be older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.

Best wishes,

Jo (LearnEnglish Teens team)

Makam's picture
Makam 21 January, 2020 - 15:01

Hi my name is Carlos, let me tell you about my family. My family is not big, I live with my mum, my little sister and my big brother. We live in Peru. My mum's name is Maria, she's a teacher, she's got long brown hair and brown eyes. My sister's name is Amy, she's 8, she's got short black hair and black eyes and she goes to school. My brother's name is Kent, he is tall and wise, he's got short black hair and brown eyes, and he lives in another country at the moment. We have got 4 dogs and 3 cats, they are lovely :).

nohnoh's picture
nohnoh 13 December, 2019 - 13:59

Hi, my name is Nouha i am 16 years old.I live in Tunisia with my family which is composed of 5 persons my mum , my dad ,my two sisters and i.
My mother's a teacher .I love her so much because she's helpful ,kind and understanding.
My father is a good men he's a customer officer .He is always by my side and give me whatever i want.
My two sisiters are Nour and May it's true that we always fight but we love each other. We always share clothes , food..
I have no pets because mum doesn't like them .
I love my family very much and i appresiate spending time with it.

LysholmF's picture
LysholmF 27 November, 2019 - 11:58

Dear Yoko
Let me tell you about my family.
I live with my mum and my dad .
We live in Denmark
My mum’s name is Rikke
She’s a high school teacher
She’s got short light brown hair and blue eyes.
My dad’s name is Per
He’s tall
He’s got blond hair and blue eyes.
He works with computers
My sisters’ names are, Pernille, Sara and Nadja
They are grown ups
Write soon and tell me about your family.
Best regards, Frederik

LysholmA's picture
LysholmA 27 November, 2019 - 11:58

Dear Yoko
Let me tell you about my family.
I live with my mum, my dad and my little sister .
We live in Denmark
My mum’s name is Kristina
She’s a dentist assistant
She’s middle height. She’s got dark brown hair and brown eyes.
My dad’s name is Henrik
He’s got dark hair and brown eyes.
He works with computers
My sister Amanda is a school girl and she loves to use iPad
Write soon and tell me about your family.
Best regards Alexander

Hatake03's picture
Hatake03 19 November, 2019 - 04:12

Hello, my name is Lisa. I'm 14 years old. I'm from El Salvador. There are 4 of us in my family, my mom, my sister, my cat and me. I am the younger in my family. My family is not big but we spend a lot of time together. My mom is a seamstress, she designs beautiful dresses. My sister is studying English Degree. My cat is 4 months old and is very playful. its name is Nino and loves to eat and sleep a lot... About me, I study at school but at the same time study English. I love my family and I like to be part of it.

lancer's picture
lancer 31 October, 2019 - 11:29

Hi, Everybod.

I live in big house with my dad, mom and big sister.
My dad is a photographer, his name is Kensi. He's very handsome, tall and strong.
His hand is bigger than others. :)
My mom is a dentist. He's very professional. Many persons were treated from her.
Lara, my sister, is a teacher. Accountant teacher.
I hope they are always doing well.

Thanks.

lancer's picture
lancer 31 October, 2019 - 12:02

Both of my parent are slim and healthy.
They have got brown and short hair, brown eyes.
But my big sister is fat and tall. Also she have long legs.
Of course i am not short too. :)

dsbila's picture
dsbila 11 October, 2019 - 04:19

Hi everyone :) I'm Alyssa. I'm from Indonesia. In my family, i have one younger brother. His name is Ryo.He is on the 2nd grade of elementary school. He is 8 years old.

My mom's name is Yanik. She is a bussiness woman. She is pretty busy with her works. She is 42 years old. And my dad's name is Tonny. He is 41 years old. He is a sailor, he works at Oceania Cruise. He rarely go home, he usually 6 months working and just 3-2 months at home. I really hope we can meet each other more often.

Thanks, Alyssa :)

Quyenlak's picture
Quyenlak 7 October, 2019 - 09:30

Hi everyone,

Now I tell about my family. I have a big family with 4 siblings. I live with my mum, my father, 2 old sisters and young brother.
We live in Vietnam. My mun's name is Khuyen, She's Vietnam and speaks Vietnamese. She's a farmer. She's short and a little heavy. She's got long, black hair and brown eyes. My dad's name is Quyet. He's a driver. He's tall and thin. He's got a short, black hair and black eyes. My old sister is 25 and she loves listening to music . She listens to music all the time, her kind of music is country. She is a banker. She's got a long, brown hair and brown eyes. She's tall and thin. My old brother is a 19. He's a university student. He is tall and a little fat.

GREJ26032003's picture
GREJ26032003 11 August, 2019 - 18:58

Hi. My name is July. I am from Ecuador. I have a friendly family. Mi family have five members, we are three children and my mom and my dad. My older sister's name is Liss. She is twenty years old, she has Long, brown hair. My brother's name is Juanca, he has short, black hair. He is eighteen years old. My mom's name is Mariu and My dad's name is Juan. They are perfect and understandable.