Look at the exam question and letter and do the exercises to improve your writing skills.

What's your favourite day of the week, and why?

Comments

Riiaa's picture
Riiaa 4 April, 2020 - 17:51

Dear Sabrina
Thanks for writing me after a long time.
Well my favorite day of the week is saturday because in the morning i like to do my homework so I can study and practice the thing that we saw in the week, also I am in a korean course because I want to learn korean so i can travel to south korean and study there and meet new people and know more about their traditions and their culture.
In the afternoon I have my swimming class, I practice it since i was 3 years old and now i am a professional swimmer and i like to go to competitions and win medals and other stuff like that also this have teach that sometimes i would lost a competion and thats good because in another opportunity i can give the best of me.
On saturday night with my brother and i we like to make popcorn and see a movie, so we can spent time together and have some fun until my parents send us to sleep.
Tell me about your favorite day and what activities you do in that day. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love
Riiaa

TheSUN's picture
TheSUN 14 March, 2020 - 13:55

Dear Alexandra

Thanks for your last letter.It was great to hear from you.You asked me to tell you about my favourite day of the week.Well,I love all day of the week.

One reason why I like all of the days of the week is that every day is a gift of god.It's amazing when you know that you can do anything you want.Well,there's bad days too but after all the bad things comes good.

From Monday to Saturday I have school.I love spending time with my classmates and teachers.Also I love studying.on weekend I have more free time than weekdays.I can go out with my boyfriend and friends.so,everyday is perfect.

Tell me about your favourite day of the week in your next letter.Hope to hear from you soon.

Love you
Lika

Elife's picture
Elife 4 February, 2020 - 23:15

My favorite day of the week is Friday, because in Friday night, I watch movie or I go to parties with my friends. Also, I'm really relaxed in bed because I don't have a schedule for the next morning.

lancer's picture
lancer 21 November, 2019 - 20:53

Hi Sabrina

Thanks for your letter. It was great to hear from you the other day.
I saw that you asked me about my favourite day of the week.
It is defintely Friday.

Because there is my favorite subject. I like physical education. In PE class, we play football.
After school, we also play football as well. We relax our study stress by playing football.

In the evening, we usually go to a restaurant or friend's house to have a party or sing songs.
The evening of friday seems to be very short.
And i make some plans for the weekend in my sleep...

I'd like to know what the day of the weeknd you favourite.
Please write it in next letter.

Looking forward to your response.
Say hello to your family.

Lancer.

Ricky26's picture
Ricky26 28 September, 2019 - 02:18

My favorite day of the week is Saturday because everybody is home this day.we spend time together and have delicious meals.i love spend time with my family.

hsroh's picture
hsroh 12 August, 2019 - 10:17

my foavorite day of the week is Friday because I have my favorite letter which is Piano as after school activity!

Studentlama's picture
Studentlama 4 July, 2019 - 09:03

Dear Ava, Thank you for writing me this letter. You were asking which day of the week is my favorite. So, My favorite day of the week is Thursday because I could relax after school not worry about anything or go out with my family to eat dinner but if we don’t have any plans. I would finish my homework so in Friday it’s much smoother or study for a test that I’m having the following week or also make summaries for the new lessons and file them in a folder. So, for me ,Thursdays are the most memorable ,amazing ,marvelous, spectacular day of the week. When Thursdays come near I feel all my worries and stress have vanished until Sunday’s are near the stress , all the worries in the universe come back.
Tell me your favorite meal of the day?
Best regards,
Lama

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 2 July, 2019 - 11:17

My favourite day is Sunday because there is no school and I just have one piano class on this day. : >

kleona8210's picture
kleona8210 9 June, 2019 - 10:49

Hi Klaudia
Thanks for your writing. It was great to hear from you again. Guess what?
My favorite day of the weekend is Monday.
Firstly in Monday, I have English and history which are my favorite subjects. English teacher is the best I wait all week to make a lesson with her. And the history teacher is always learning us for the history of the world. It may sound a little bit weird for you that my favorite day of the weekend but that's me.
Hope I hear from you soon
Xoxo

WolfLucas's picture
WolfLucas 29 May, 2019 - 18:55

Hi Mikel

I'm fine, thanks for asking! It was very good,
I visited new places and I didn't see any kangaroos.
I arrived OK.

I hope to go there one day to see the snow, it's my
dream.

Yes, of course! I remember. I'll send you
more photos that's on my phone.

Bye for now

Lucia

Yushra's picture
Yushra 28 January, 2019 - 15:25

My favorite day of the week is Thursday cause I only have 4 classes in that day. My class finishes at 11am so I can have lots of free time. I come back home from schooland do my homeworks. After lunch I go out with my friends. I come back home at 5pm and do my other lessons. I go to bed at 11pm cause Friday is our holiday. So we have no school and I can stay awake till the midnight. And the best thing is I watch movies at night with my family. I love Thursday......!!

Taj180's picture
Taj180 6 February, 2019 - 15:57

My favourite day of the week is Friday because it's the end of the week at school. On Friday, after school I go to my friend's to play PLAY STATION 4. After this, my dad comes to take me for a drive but sometimes we just go home. On Saturday I get up at 10:00 and I have a lot of time to play outside or I may go fishing. I come home at evening I go to sleep at 12:00am.

School is boring aaa!!!

Youjiro's picture
Youjiro 16 January, 2019 - 14:16

My favorite day of the week is Friday ,because Friday is last day of week .I really enjoy Friday night with a dinner that cooked by myself ,after that I watch movie with parent at my room . I'm really relax on the bed because I haven't a schedule next morning .
Every Friday night I spend time at my house.also Friday is special day for TV program . My favorite TV program broadcast Friday at 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm . I watch every Friday .
On other hand is subject. I learn chemistry at lab is every Friday. My high school scheduled Friday and Wednesday ,but Friday is special because we learn at science lab .
It gives us excited class .

To sum up I think Friday is my favorite day of the week .

smaam's picture
smaam 12 October, 2018 - 19:45

my favorite day of the week Thursday because it is the last day of the week and me sometimes i get to stay at school late till my parents pick me which is the best because I could have some time to spend with my friend who is a teachers daughter so she stays till 3 at school with me up till I leave and we also get to have my favorite class which is achieved class I love it because last year I was an expert in it I have also raised my school and now I got a chance to teach all beginners in my school !

mateo_jurado_caceres's picture
mateo_jurado_caceres 23 May, 2018 - 17:28

My favorite dya of the week is the friday becouse is a little reses of the study when we finish the study

Batgirl's picture
Batgirl 23 April, 2018 - 19:13

My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. Even if there are subjects that I hate, like Physics, Chemistry, Algebra, and Biology, this day goes faster then any of other days.

Grani2222's picture
Grani2222 12 February, 2018 - 21:11

I don't have my favourite day. I want to make every day my favourite. It is not easy because sometimes I have some problems like everyone have but I'm trying to smile all the time. Starting day with good breakfast and awsome book is the best way to be happy since morning untill evening. I'm doing everything at 100%. It makes me smile. But if I need to choose one day of week, my favourite is Saturday. I have classes in the morning untill 1p.m. but after that I meet my friends or go for a walk. I like ice skating or skating on Saturday. And of course I can rest than!

Ahjeen's picture
-2x
Ahjeen 9 February, 2018 - 08:29

My favourite day of the week is Friday. It make me smile when I know that it is start of the weekends! In fact, it is Friday now! IO think you should always smile! That way, you can feel happy! Even if it is not your favourite day!

ladybird19's picture
ladybird19 21 January, 2018 - 21:14

I consider that Saturdays are my favourite days because I usually do lots of productive activities and hang out with friends and family all day long. On Saturdays I go to French classes from 8 to 11:40 in the morning, I return home to grab a bite and afterwards, I go to my English class that lasts 5 hours. When the class is over, I tend to eat some dinner, go to the cinema, play videogames, chat with my friends or mingle with them. It is actually hard to talk about your favorite day and all the stuff you do on it. Mmm...What else? Oh! A fun and quite disturbing fact about me on Saturdays is that every time I get in my English Academy, my stomach starts to churn. At first I didn't know why but, with time, I realized that it was a happening that took place right there that made me feel ill. A misunderstanding I had with a teacher....Anyways. I overwrote, haha.

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 7 January, 2018 - 13:59

I really adore Mondays. I know, I know, Mondays are supposed to be boring and reluctant, as it is usually the end of a long-awaited weekend. But in my opinion, Monday is a day filled with curiosity and wonder. It's kinda peaceful returning to the same old schedule, with moms screaming to get me out of my bed, rushing to meet the buddies who seems to have grown old in the two-day gap, and of course, listening to the age-old lectures of the teachers. But most importantly, Monday usually acts as a second chance for our lives. It provides us with a clear definition of the mistakes we did the past week, and gives us a new chance to turn into a new leaf. And last but not the least, it signifies that we've gone through a whole week without any issues, and we still have time to climb up the ladder of success. So Mondays, here I come!
PS: It's good be back again ;))

waiting's picture
waiting 25 December, 2017 - 15:10

Hi Payam!
I'm wariting a letter about my best day in this week,however I know it's a little wierd because I can see you right now!
Of course that was sunday and our journey to Tehran. My brother goes Tehran every week, he works there and it was a good chance for us to saves transport money and do some fun with that.
But unfourtenatly it had been snowing all the way and we saw many cars accident. when we arrived Tehran my brother went to work and we went to stadium to watch the football game, both of us are Esteghlal's fan and Esteghlal was winner and made fans happy. we had a lot of fun that day.
It was the best.

IamYegane's picture
IamYegane 12 December, 2017 - 15:46

My favorite day is Thursday's afternoon. because tomorrow is Friday and I'm free ( in my country Fridays are holiday). I usually go to the English class and i meet my English teacher.I really love her. I'm so happy on 6 p.m because I see my some old friends. at 8 p.m i come home and study for my school's lessons then i play with my phone and chat with my friends. Then i sleep at 2 a.m. It's to late because i'm free and it makes me relax to sleep late on friday's nights.

Eman_'s picture
Eman_ 15 August, 2017 - 11:30

My favorite day of the week is Thursday because it's the last day of the school week. In the lunch break we all sit and eat together and never talk about homework. We can do our homework on Friday and Saturday, so we don't have to be worried.
On Thursday, my family and I go to our grandparents' house and my aunt come too. When we go home, I watch a movie with my siblings and we don't sleep before midnight.

helloclara's picture
helloclara 23 July, 2017 - 10:20

hello dani,
you asked me my favorite day of the week. well, its saturday cause on saturday i relax and i can do whatever i want. sunday is one of my favorite days too but i think saturday is better because on sunday i should sleep early because there is school on monday which day is after sunday and which is my at least favorite day. but in fact i love every day of the week.