Listen to the teacher giving students advice for exams and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Does any of this advice surprise you? Have you got any good advice to share for studying for exams?

Comments

Szalotka's picture
Szalotka 18 March, 2020 - 09:52

Nothing really surprised me. I honestly apply myself to similar advice so i think it is ok to follow her advice.

Opyat_regayus's picture
Opyat_regayus 10 March, 2020 - 22:09

It was interesting to listen to how they prepare for tests in the United Kingdom.
For me, the test was not the easiest.
But he was very cognitive for me.
I wish all the rest good luck in learning English!

ValeraY's picture
ValeraY 10 March, 2020 - 19:03

Yes, some tips are a bit strange, but at the same time they are important for the exam. I would really share some of these tips.

KateKO's picture
KateKO 10 March, 2020 - 16:23

It's would be funny, but I didn't knew that I need to have 5 minutes break every 30 minutes of my studying. Also I didn't knew that there is no need to focus on the details.
So there is a lot of things I didn't knew.. but now I'll fix it!

wonder's picture
wonder 26 January, 2020 - 03:28

I agree with teacher's advise. When I take a test, I was so nervous. But I started to take a test. My mind was calm.

lvcp's picture
lvcp 13 November, 2019 - 21:24

in my opinion the best advice is don't focus on details, bescase in my exams I waste a long time reading the details and memorizing them

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 14 July, 2019 - 07:50

I surprise with "Do not get too much comfortable" because I was sleeping when I study because of the place where I learn is so good. About "Take regular breaks" so that is a great idea, too. When I sit on the chair too long, my back has broken. : )

Laminae's picture
Laminae 19 May, 2019 - 10:50

The advices were very interesting ! Thanks you for sharing this !! I'm convinced that I'm ready for my exams !

aprildoha's picture
aprildoha 7 February, 2019 - 22:41

I disagre about "Don't eat sugar" it is not fair for me because sugar permit to people evacuated stress especially chocolate.
Orange can also permit to keep awakening

Elisadv's picture
Elisadv 16 January, 2019 - 11:06

I absolutely agree with these advices! But also important to eat a good quality chocolate it helps to brain working better) and of course stop worrying!

popovserhii's picture
popovserhii 15 January, 2019 - 05:36

The transcript isn't equal the audio at 100% and it made me confused when I tried to compare my text to text on this site. For example: in the transcript, we have "Are you ready?" but really the teacher asked, "Everybody ready?" and etc.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 19 January, 2019 - 06:31

Hi popovserhii. Oops, sorry for the confusion! We've amended the transcripts on the page and on the worksheet now, so have a look! Thanks for letting us know.

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

bellatopina's picture
bellatopina 10 September, 2018 - 11:28

Well, that "don't eat sugar" surprise me a lot, usual my mother tell me, "bring with you water and a pice of choccolate, it give to you energy", so now i think i will change choccolate with fruits, is better i think, however usual i record my voice while i'm reading my notes, so when i have free time i turn on and i listen it so i remember more informations, or when i have to prepare some project i used to listen nature songs, it relax me a lot.

Shiko's picture
Shiko 18 August, 2018 - 08:55

The advice "Don't eat a sugar" is surprised me. I thought that sugar can help.
I can give some advice. Don't worry before exam only because worrying don't help us to do exam. Worrying is nonsense for exam

amarti's picture
amarti 19 April, 2018 - 17:52

I thing always is interesting to have advices to study, and I am agree with the recommendations the teacher says.

bilko's picture
bilko 25 February, 2018 - 18:52

I agree with the clues that are given in the record. In addition to these, i can share my methods...
Feel positive
Believe yourself
Study hard
Keep away from phone
Find a quiet place
Be alone
Good luck everyone...

Batgirl's picture
Batgirl 14 January, 2018 - 17:15

I agree with the tips in the record, but I also want to share mine:
1) Firstly, turn off all devices that can distract you from learning
2) If you have to learn some words or rules, put some notes with them in the places where you very often (you will see the notes and read them)
3) And don't forget that you're doing it for yourself. Try to improove yourself and you will be the coolest:)
I hope I helped you in some case<3