Listen to the teacher giving students advice for exams and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Does any of this advice surprise you? Have you got any good advice to share for studying for exams?

Comments

mg1208's picture
mg1208 19 March, 2020 - 14:42

No, I'm not surprised of any advice- I have already known it. If you want to have a good grade you should take a lot of tests and even more exercises, you should also try reading something more about the topic you have to learn. Maybe try watching some videos e.g. on YouTube . If you have been learning something try to tell your parents or siblings about it-it's the best in learning languages- try talk to them in language you're learning. I can assure you it'll work well. If you like studying with people study in groups, if you don't -don't. And believe you can score 100% on the test. :)
M.G

gabij54's picture
gabij54 18 March, 2020 - 19:51

It's nothing new to me because I've heard these advices before. I even use some of them. In my opinion making notes and repeating the most important informations are the best ways for studying. But don't forget about taking breaks, they're as important as two previous ways!

ZuzannaGolema's picture
ZuzannaGolema 18 March, 2020 - 19:45

The only thing that surprised me was that sweet food isn't really good for us when we are studying. I knew that a place, which is too comfortable could lead us to falling asleep. It already happened to me! I think a good idea is to split up your studying for several days, so you have more time to focus on more things.

Szalotka's picture
Szalotka 18 March, 2020 - 09:52

Nothing really surprised me. I honestly apply myself to similar advice so i think it is ok to follow her advice.

Opyat_regayus's picture
Opyat_regayus 10 March, 2020 - 22:09

It was interesting to listen to how they prepare for tests in the United Kingdom.
For me, the test was not the easiest.
But he was very cognitive for me.
I wish all the rest good luck in learning English!

ValeraY's picture
ValeraY 10 March, 2020 - 19:03

Yes, some tips are a bit strange, but at the same time they are important for the exam. I would really share some of these tips.

KateKO's picture
KateKO 10 March, 2020 - 16:23

It's would be funny, but I didn't knew that I need to have 5 minutes break every 30 minutes of my studying. Also I didn't knew that there is no need to focus on the details.
So there is a lot of things I didn't knew.. but now I'll fix it!

wonder's picture
wonder 26 January, 2020 - 03:28

I agree with teacher's advise. When I take a test, I was so nervous. But I started to take a test. My mind was calm.

lvcp's picture
lvcp 13 November, 2019 - 21:24

in my opinion the best advice is don't focus on details, bescase in my exams I waste a long time reading the details and memorizing them

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 14 July, 2019 - 07:50

I surprise with "Do not get too much comfortable" because I was sleeping when I study because of the place where I learn is so good. About "Take regular breaks" so that is a great idea, too. When I sit on the chair too long, my back has broken. : )

Laminae's picture
Laminae 19 May, 2019 - 10:50

The advices were very interesting ! Thanks you for sharing this !! I'm convinced that I'm ready for my exams !

aprildoha's picture
aprildoha 7 February, 2019 - 22:41

I disagre about "Don't eat sugar" it is not fair for me because sugar permit to people evacuated stress especially chocolate.
Orange can also permit to keep awakening

Elisadv's picture
Elisadv 16 January, 2019 - 11:06

I absolutely agree with these advices! But also important to eat a good quality chocolate it helps to brain working better) and of course stop worrying!

popovserhii's picture
popovserhii 15 January, 2019 - 05:36

The transcript isn't equal the audio at 100% and it made me confused when I tried to compare my text to text on this site. For example: in the transcript, we have "Are you ready?" but really the teacher asked, "Everybody ready?" and etc.

Jonathan - Coordinator's picture
Jonathan - Coor... 19 January, 2019 - 06:31

Hi popovserhii. Oops, sorry for the confusion! We've amended the transcripts on the page and on the worksheet now, so have a look! Thanks for letting us know.

Jonathan (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

bellatopina's picture
bellatopina 10 September, 2018 - 11:28

Well, that "don't eat sugar" surprise me a lot, usual my mother tell me, "bring with you water and a pice of choccolate, it give to you energy", so now i think i will change choccolate with fruits, is better i think, however usual i record my voice while i'm reading my notes, so when i have free time i turn on and i listen it so i remember more informations, or when i have to prepare some project i used to listen nature songs, it relax me a lot.

Shiko's picture
Shiko 18 August, 2018 - 08:55

The advice "Don't eat a sugar" is surprised me. I thought that sugar can help.
I can give some advice. Don't worry before exam only because worrying don't help us to do exam. Worrying is nonsense for exam