Listen to the speakers talking about important people in their lives and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Which people have been important in your life? Tell us about them!

Comments

Valeria_'s picture
Valeria_ 13 November, 2021 - 03:20

I have several important people in my life, but I think that the most important are my grandmother and my dad, since my grandmother was the one who took care of me and my brothers since we were little and my dad is also always with me and they help me, my Granny is always on the lookout for me and my brothers and my dad and I these days we have been watching Dragon Ball every day and he always tries to have fun.

Arwen's picture
Arwen 5 November, 2021 - 20:00

I have a lot of important people in my life: my mum, my dad, my sister, my aunts,
my uncles, my grandfathers, my grandmothers, my cousins, my friends… But I
think the most important person in my life is my father’s father, my grandfather.
He is eighty-four years old. I spend time with him but, I would like to spend more
time with my grandfather. When we are together we like fixing and inventing
anything. I think that the reason why we invent things isn’t to
be rich, the reason why we do this, is to spend time together. Also, we
go for a walk together because he walks very slowly and I walk slowly too…. We are
the perfect couple to walk!

Tauriel's picture
Tauriel 25 October, 2021 - 19:28

My most important people in my life are my mum, my dad and my two
brothers. But, especially, the best person in my life is my grand-father
because I like going to the mountain with him and his dogs and I love
playing cards with him and I love winning him too!

xocolate2021's picture
xocolate2021 25 October, 2021 - 17:00

The most important people in my life are my family, but the most special person is my mother because I know that I can tell her about any of my problems and she will help me.
My closest friends are all important but I'm closer to some of them than to others
Other important people in my life are my grandmother and my little cousin.

luisfrances's picture
luisfrances 25 October, 2021 - 16:18

There are many important people in my life: my friends, my family, my neighbours… I definitely could not pick just one.
My family has always been there for me when I needed them. I love them all, especially my little brother and my grandparents. My brother is (most of the time) very kind and sweet. Also, he is really funny. I am always laughing when I am around him.
As for my grandparents, they have always helped me. My grandfather tells me stories of when he was a little kid and my grandmother always listens to me and gives me advice and, of course, her food is the best I have ever tried in my entire life. Although I cannot see them as much as I would like to, I really appreciate the time we spend together.
I have left out some important people but if I included them, this text would be endless so I am going to end this here.

Faustinaa's picture
Faustinaa 24 October, 2021 - 18:25

My family is the most important for me. I'm closest to my mum, because she is very supportive and sympathetic with me, but I love all of my family equally.
My closest friends are my childhood friends, because I have known them since ten years ago, so I can trust them.
Other people have been important in my life, like the people of my basketball team.

kou's picture
kou 21 October, 2021 - 06:36

The most important people in my life are my close family and my friends. My parents have raised me and they have always taken care of me since I was little. My big sister introduced me to what nowadays are my hobbies, and she’s the one that understands me the most in my family.
My friends also made me who I am today, they always listen to me and support me. They never fail to put a smile on my face and I’m grateful for having people as kind as them.

hawaii's picture
hawaii 25 October, 2021 - 18:56

This person is my cousin. He is 5 years older than me but I have a good relation with him. He is an important person because I can talk with him about everything and he tries to help me in everything I need. He is tall and has blond short hair, he wears glasses and is studying an ICT vocational training course. Last year he helped me with my ICT homework. I love him☺

g00day's picture
g00day 6 May, 2021 - 19:29

The most important people for me are my family. But if I have to choose one person, I will choose my mother. She's kind, takes care of me. She cooks and feeds me delicious food. She always listens to me and gives me advice. I rely on her very much.
Love her

Andrii's picture
Andrii 24 March, 2021 - 19:38

The most important people for me is my family, especially my mum. She is always very kind to me and I love her the most in the whole world.

rafaelyeshua's picture
rafaelyeshua 28 December, 2020 - 19:14

i think that the most importants people in my life are my mum, my brother and my grandma, firstly, my mum gave me the life, she has teached me a lot of stuff, without her, i wouldn't be the person i am, my brother has helped us in these moments... he has worked to make us move forward, my grandmother has gave the whole family the life... without her we couldn't be here, hopefully, she lives more years.

Daniel45's picture
Daniel45 4 November, 2020 - 22:19

My grandfather was very imoportant to my because he played with me at Holidays but he died few years ago.

Xuka's picture
Xuka 27 August, 2020 - 17:54

I can't live without my family. My parents gave birth to me and my siblings and raised us with a lot of difficulties. So, we love each other very much. We always encourage together to try to study hard and also do housework to help our parents.
With my best friend, she is a particular listener. We can talk about our subjects, school, friends, family, hobbies for hours. I hope our friendship lasts forever.

Mamou1's picture
Mamou1 10 July, 2020 - 11:45

All my family are the people who have been important in my life. My parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, uncle, aunties, cousins, because every time when I had problem there here. They take care on me since I was born and they help me all the time to make the right choose. My family are composed only by people who know wow to make others feel better, that's why I love them and why they have been important in my life.

yare8p's picture
yare8p 16 May, 2020 - 03:30

My grandparents are very important to me, because they have been taking care of me sincee i was born. They supports a lot to my mother because she is single mother and she has to work many hours at day, so, my grandparents look after me and my little brother.

atykho's picture
atykho 3 May, 2020 - 13:39

My grandmother is very important persin in my life. I spent every summer vacations with her. She lives in a house with a garden at the countryside. She teaches me gardening, tells me a lot of things about nature.

cammmiloe's picture
cammmiloe 15 April, 2020 - 13:49

I have never had best friends in my childhood because I was shy and I did not have many relationships, At school, I had always afraid to talk with girls so I just spent time with boys. Although I have two siblings and with them, I shared my childhood, I used to play plenty of time with my brother, we bothered my sister, etc.. It was a really great childhood in Colombia.

Shhhh's picture
Shhhh 5 April, 2020 - 03:04

I'm closer to my uncle's partner and my mother has. From my friends I am very close to a childhood friend and my best friends in the village where I live and nearby towns.The truth is that all people have been important because I have always learned something from them.

Shhhh's picture
Shhhh 5 April, 2020 - 03:03

huetran's picture
huetran 25 March, 2020 - 13:25

My sister is very important to me. i can't imagine what would happen without her in my life. she is like a friend of mine, she always listens to me and gives me advice to get over my problems. I regularly have my own presents from my sister everytime she comes back home after working or travelling. That makes me so happy and love her more.

NCarboni's picture
NCarboni 13 March, 2020 - 17:39

My important people are my family, Before my friends, beacuse I have got a beautiful relationship with them, ideed, to symbolize our relationship, I made a tattoo some months ago about them!

JoModerator's picture
JoModerator 18 March, 2020 - 13:39

Hi NCarboni,

Thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other.

Best wishes,

Jo (LearnEnglish Teens team)

francesca_m's picture
francesca_m 13 March, 2020 - 10:53

The most important people in my life are my parents. They have always believed in me and helped in difficult moments. Another very important person is Monica, my cousin. I spend a lot of time with her!

giusy_r's picture
giusy_r 7 March, 2020 - 11:03

In my life my family and my friends have been important because with them I can be 100% me

Jony3031's picture
Jony3031 22 October, 2019 - 01:24

my important people are my grandsmother since i was with her since i was little and in any holiday season. i'm going to help her and also passing to my grandsfather, uncles and cousins. also enjoy a relaxing time.

Butterfly14's picture
Butterfly14 5 November, 2019 - 11:16

My mother has been important people in my life.My mother love me so much.She take care of me.She cooks and feeds me delicious food.She always help me.She taught me to swim, to draw, to be kind

Rohan26's picture
Rohan26 19 September, 2019 - 05:25

My father,mother and brother,sister have been important in my life.My father pamper me so much.He gives me everything that i ask.Now he is no more.I miss him so much.My mother love me so much.She take care of me.she cooks and feeds me delicious food.My brother buys me expensive clothes,gadgets.My sister cooks and feeds me delicious food.She hides my faults from my mother and brother.Now she is married now and now we talk less.