Listen to the school assembly about how to study and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Right-click on the link, and save the file.

Are you good at studying? What do you do to help you concentrate?

Comments

Manfred's picture
Manfred 14 September, 2021 - 19:07

lPoehl's picture
lPoehl 10 September, 2021 - 07:09

Sometimes, to be honest just when its really necessary..
If not, i usually put my attention to other non important things
I used to like listening to music while studying, mainly Classical Music, but now
i rather do it with the less sounds there can be. I also put my phone away from the desk so i dont lose my attention to what im doing. Very Helpful C:

oO0A0Oo's picture
oO0A0Oo 8 September, 2021 - 05:16

The audio really helped me, I usually study with music and checking social media pretty often, I think that is distracting me. The next time, I'm going to apply the advices that the teacher gave to the students

Charlycharly's picture
Charlycharly 8 September, 2021 - 02:39

I liked the exercise, the facts the teacher in the audio said make so much sense and i usually apply them when i study, i liked the british accent too, it gives the language an ancient sound

RuSSEL_GG's picture
RuSSEL_GG 7 September, 2021 - 20:34

I think this audio is very interesting because it explains and gives some ideas for concentrated and studying for an examen or when we need to understand something. Also it explains how could we take breaks while studying.

CristianLopez's picture
CristianLopez 7 September, 2021 - 19:48

i love the accent they have, it will help me recognize different kinds of accents around the globe, and i also liked the topic, now i know how to study, i love it!

strawberry123_'s picture
strawberry123_ 11 August, 2021 - 10:38

I think I am good at studying. I can`t concentrate when it`s noisy, so I usually study without TV and music. I am trying to make breaks, but I always have so much homework, that it`s really difficult to do breaks, especially, every 30 minutes((

Elpro202's picture
Elpro202 5 August, 2021 - 01:10

Yes, I think so.
The most important thing to me is to organise the day. If you have no idea of what are you gonna do, you'll do nothing.
I use planners to do that and they are wonderful.
To concentrate you must put your effort to avoid distractions. Please, don't fall into temptations.
That's all I can write, see you!

huongvu's picture
huongvu 25 June, 2021 - 15:54

Honestly, studying never makes it dificult for me if I do it in my favorite studying space. I'm quite good at almost any subject at school.
I prefer studying alone by myself in a quite space. That place needs to have enough light especially natural light, and fresh air if it's day time. I would get drowsy in a short time if I have to learn in a closed space with only electric light and no nature-connections. Besides, I prefer speaking out loud bits of information to just reading them in my head. I also set small breaks between 45-60-minute study periods so that my brain can get some rest and re-energized. During breaks, I often stretch my arms and my legs, go out for a short walk and listen to some good music, etc.

huongvu's picture
huongvu 25 June, 2021 - 12:01

Well, not really. Sometimes, I forget what I have just read immediately. But there are also many things that have great impressions on me and make me remember them for a long time.

When I'm studying, I often read the piece of information aloud to learn them by heart. I try to understand the concepts to really get the gist of it. Besides, I also write down key words and sum up the information on a piece of paper. Sometimes, if I like, I draw mind maps with key topics and then key concepts and main details. That also helps.

ellie17's picture
ellie17 16 March, 2021 - 19:35

I wasn't good at studying before this year and i'm still not as good as i hope to be,but i'm better than i was so i kinda proud of myself hehe:)I'm that kind of person,who find difficult to concentrate so to stay concentrate i use my earphones and listen to music.

Kostantinus's picture
Kostantinus 25 February, 2021 - 08:59

I can't say exaclty, but I hope, I am good at studying. I have study timetable for everyday. I wake up around 7 o'clock in the morning, do some gymnastics, wash my face, brush my teeth, have light breakfast and start studying. I've devided my studying for periods of time each one is 40 minutes with 10 minutes break. I take breaks regularly, no matter whether I am tired of no. It helps me to recover my concentration and it gives my brain relaxation for to be able to study for next hard working 40 minutes . Sometimes during my break I do some exercises or drink a cup of water. By the way, you can use your break time to tidy up your room. You should follow your schedule everyday and I am sure, you will notice the progress. Good luck to you!)

Moony's picture
Moony 19 December, 2020 - 18:10

Lucky I'm very good at the time of studying.

Everyday I make some exercises, I usually listen rain sound while I study, every twenty minutes I take a break of ten minutes, I watch videos about the topic, I take some practice tests, study a little every day even if you don’t have exams and relax.

jxyc's picture
jxyc 21 April, 2020 - 09:19

I usually make summaries and highlight the keywords. I get really distracted by loud noises and the internet, text messages, Facebook, etc. That's why I need to study in a quiet room, this helps me to be focused on my studies. And also I take regular breaks when I study. I think it's very important.

user1's picture
user1 20 April, 2020 - 09:38

I regularly make summary's and I often highlight the key words in my summary. Using different colors helps me studying.

dashadereko's picture
dashadereko 29 February, 2020 - 09:06

As for me using mind maps for studying is really effective because you can easy understand and remember information.

glonkdwart's picture
glonkdwart 11 May, 2019 - 18:59

i think the most important topic discussed here is about the significance of making a proper timetable. I actually understood its actual importance when i didn't make any. But at the end of the day, its 'studying' we are talking about and none can help us except us. I hope studying becomes more fun to us in the upcoming years.

Octopider's picture
Octopider 10 May, 2019 - 14:33

It is a good way to read without any disturb if we use headphones. Writing notes takes much time so we must take the key things. But the important thing is to make the 'TIMETABLE'.

Megazon's picture
Megazon 10 May, 2019 - 14:14

The following methods are really helpful for me.It can improve my skills of overall learning.My remembering skill is not quite good.The above methods can help me to overcome it.

Arivil's picture
Arivil 5 May, 2019 - 14:13

I really found that musical tip quite fascinating . I think I will try it next time I head into study. But I doubt my taste in classical . Again, as she said EXPERIMENT!!!

Iamgoodthanks's picture
Iamgoodthanks 31 March, 2019 - 18:21

Hello everyone!
I wonder if some of you have some good tips to learn English? I’m am so bad on it and must learn it before I have my examen. Please can someone help me.

Askar100's picture
Askar100 16 February, 2019 - 15:16

Great tips for studying! But this topic somehow similar to the topic in Intermediate section! Speakers are different and Upper section has more information about how to study! When I listened this, I also remembered Pomodoro Technics from Intermediate section! In general, excellent audio material!

daniel91815's picture
daniel91815 20 March, 2018 - 13:00

i'm good at studying, but few years ago i wasn't very good at studying because i always wanted to play videogames or go out with friends. But when i was 15 years a video changed my mind and it helps me about the importance of studying and how to study, take a good notes at college or school. sometimes it really hurts me when i've got to study i don't why. But i try to fix it

Hassu's picture
Hassu 3 October, 2017 - 20:53

Well, I am not good at study compared to practical and experimental word.
To concentrate I usually keep some snacks with me which helps me to focus much better. A room with good lighting also somtimes helps me to concentrate.

BossHere's picture
BossHere 3 October, 2017 - 20:38

Truthfully speaking,I'm not much good at studying because I'm not serious with my studies so my parents are.I'm in struggle to achieve good grades but the thing that distracts me is the noisy environment and the cellphone vibrating every minute.So,i use to select the corner of my home to get rid of noise pollution and I'm trying to figure out some strategy to avoid excess use of social media.

Fiza's picture
Fiza 3 October, 2017 - 20:12

Well there are many things which distracts me from studies such as Tv noise,mobile phones and disturbance caused by my young siblings but to me the most important thing is to make mind to concentrate.Although, it is difficult but when you have make a mind to study then no matter how much noise is effecting if your mind is agree then there is nothing which can distracts you from studies. Just keep your eyes on your destination and learn in a closed room.

awniozni76's picture
awniozni76 3 October, 2017 - 18:19

To be honest, I feel quit sceptical when I see my class mates getting better grades than me but at the same time I feel like having tough competition in class makes student more focused towards his studies so yes I am moderate at studies. Without concentration it is impossible for anyone to get good grades so I prefer a quit and placid environment where I can easily study without any disturbing voices.