Listening exams can be quite scary. Will you understand what you have to do? Will you understand what the speakers say? Will you have time to write down your answers? This section will help you to prepare for all sorts of listening exams.
Complete the notes
- Look at the notes before you listen. What information is missing? A noun? A verb? A number? A date? A name?
- Predict what information you need and listen to confirm.
- Just write down key words while you listen, not all words.
- Just write notes while you listen, not complete, perfect sentences.
- Write the key words quickly.
- Write abbreviations, not complete words, e.g. info (not information), Eng (not English), etc.
- Don't worry about spelling while you listen. You can correct spelling later.