Listening exams can be quite scary. Will you understand what you have to do? Will you understand what the speakers say? Will you have time to write down your answers? This section will help you to prepare for all sorts of listening exams.
- Read the questions and underline the important information you need to listen for.
- Write the numbers for the questions before you listen. Write notes next to the right number as you listen.
- Just write down key words. Don't try and write complete, perfect sentences while you listen.
- Write the key words quickly, even if they are incomplete.
- Write abbreviations, not complete words, e.g. info (not information), Eng (not English), etc.
- Don't worry about spelling while you listen. You can correct spelling later.
- Listening time is to concentrate on what you can hear, not on your writing.