Listening exams can be quite scary. Will you understand what you have to do? Will you understand what the speakers say? Will you have time to write down your answers? This section will help you to prepare for all sorts of listening exams.
Read the task carefully
- Always read the questions carefully.
- Underline the key information in the question.
- If there are options, read all the options carefully.
- If the questions or options have numbers, dates or key words, say them to yourself. This will help you think about the way they sound.
- If the options are pictures, look carefully at them and think about words to describe them in English. This will prepare you for words you might hear.