Listening exams can be quite scary. Will you understand what you have to do? Will you understand what the speakers say? Will you have time to write down your answers? This section will help you to prepare for all sorts of listening exams.
Which words do I need to understand?
- You don't have to understand every word. Don't panic if you don't understand everything!
- The first time you listen, just listen for the general idea or gist.
- The important, key words or ideas will be stressed. They are usually said louder and slower than other words.
- The words that are not stressed are not usually as important as the words that are stressed.
- In general, listen for the important, key words. Even native speakers don't listen to every word!