Lots of things will help you to get better marks in your exams. Getting enough sleep, eating well and planning your time are just three of the areas covered in this section.
The day of the exam
OK, so the day of the exam is here. These tips will help you to do the best you can on the day of the exam.
- If your exam is in the morning, get up early and have a good breakfast. This will give you lots of energy.
- Don’t forget to take your things!
- Get to school early. Leave plenty of time to get there. If you are late, you will feel more nervous. Check which room your exam is in.
- Go to the toilet before the exam starts!
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths if you feel nervous.
- Listen carefully to the teacher while he/she is explaining what to do.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you don’t understand the instructions ask the teacher.
- Look through the test and see how much time you have to do each part. Write the time you have for each part on the test paper to help you organise your time.
- Write your name on the exam paper.
- If possible, start with the easiest section first. This will help you relax.
- When you have finished, check your answers carefully.
- In a writing exam, check your writing carefully for any mistakes.