Lots of things will help you to get better marks in your exams. Getting enough sleep, eating well and planning your time are just three of the areas covered in this section.
- Keep your notes tidy and complete. If you miss a class, get the notes from a friend or ask your teacher what you missed.
- Organise your notes into different sections e.g. vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, speaking, reading, listening, writing etc. This will make it easier to find the section you need to revise for the exam.
- Look through your notes regularly, not just the day before the exam.
- Use different coloured pens and highlighter pens to help you focus on the most important things you have to learn.
- Make summaries of your notes. Include the most important things in your summaries. Write short summaries on small cards that you can carry around with you and read them on the bus or when you have some free time.
- Make mind maps, visuals and diagrams.
- If you don’t understand something in your notes, ask a classmate or your teacher to explain it to you.