In this type of exercise you have to choose the correct word from two or three possible answers. Follow our advice:
- Read the sentence carefully before and after the word.
- Think carefully about the meaning of the text.
- Choose the words you know are right.
- Eliminate any words that you know are wrong.
- Some words are similar in meaning but there is a difference. Do you know the difference between say and tell? make and do? rob and steal? fun and funny?
- Sometimes the options are wrong because the spelling is wrong.
- If you don’t know an answer, choose a word. You may be right!
- Check your answers carefully when you finish.
Are you good at this type of vocabulary exercise?