Word cards are small cards to help you remember words. Making a set of word cards is an easy way to revise vocabulary.
Follow these steps to make word cards:
- On one side you write the word, the word stress and pronunciation and the type of word, e.g. noun, verb, etc.
- On the other side write a definition or a sentence with the word in. You could also write a translation or draw a picture.
- Take the cards with you in your bag. When you have five minutes, e.g. on the bus, look at the word and try to remember the definition.
- Look at the other side of the card and check. Or you could read the definition and try to remember the word.
- If writing words on pieces of paper isn't for you, keep a word list on your computer or mobile phone. There are mobile apps available to help you improve your vocabulary.
Do you use mobile apps to help you learn vocabulary?