We can get a lot of information from how something is said and the tone of voice that the speaker uses.
- Listen to the intonation to help you understand the speakers' emotions and how they feel.
- Do the speakers sound happy, sad, worried, frightened, annoyed, etc.?
- Voices are often high to express strong emotion, e.g. when we are excited, happy, frightened or annoyed.
- Voices are often low when we are bored or uninterested.
- Understanding the emotions of the speakers will help you understand what they are saying.