- Read all the options carefully before you listen and underline key words.
- If the options have numbers or dates, say them to yourself to think about the way they sound before you listen.
- Use your common sense to eliminate any options that are not possible.
- If the A,B,C options are confusing, think about how you would answer the question in your own words. Then look again at the options. Which option is similar to your idea?
- Listen for key information to confirm your answers. Key information is usually stressed.
- Sometimes the speakers talk about all the options. Listen to all the audio before choosing the correct option. Don't choose the first option you hear.
- Read the options again after you listen. Eliminate options you are certain are wrong.
- Do you get negative points for wrong answers? If not, always answer all the questions, even if you guess.
How well did you do in the exercise? Do you think the advice will help in you in your next listening exam?