True or false tasks can be a bit tricky, but these tips will help you do well in the exam.
- Read the sentences in the exercise carefully. Use what you know to work out if the sentences are true or false before you read the text. Read the text to confirm what you think.
- Underline the part of the text that has the information. Find evidence from the text that tells you if the sentence is true or false.
- Don’t leave a true or false question unanswered. You have a 50% chance of answering correctly.
- Do you have to correct the false sentences?
- Sometimes you have to answer true, false or doesn’t say. Doesn’t say options are usually more difficult, but less frequent.
How well did you do in the exercise? Did the tips help you?