Books

I miss reading

3
MeganBlogger

For Christmas as a child, I always received a huge stack of books and often by Boxing Day I’d already read half of them. I loved reading and was a huge fan of Arthur Ransom’s Swallows and Amazons series and J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books.

However, as I got older I noticed I seemed to be reading less and less for pleasure and more and more out of necessity. During my A-levels and at university, I found I was only reading the books required or suggested for my course. Although I like studying, reading became classed as homework and not something I chose to do for fun. If I ever picked up a book to read for pleasure, I thought it was a waste of time unless it had a direct relation to my studies. 

Now I’m working part-time and have fewer assignments to do, I’ve decided this year I’m going to take up my old hobby of reading. I’ve just started The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Let’s see if I can keep it up ...

Do you only read for school or do you read as a hobby?

Katie99's picture
Katie99 18 September, 2017 - 11:59

Without a doubt, it's my hobby. Can read as many in a day. Once you start, you can't wrap up. Not before you finish it. :)

Morishimaaa's picture
Morishimaaa 11 May, 2017 - 13:03

I love reading too, and I had the same problem with MeganBlogger. When I was young, I always get up early in the morning for read a book I like. As I got older, I started to have less and less time for read, and spent more and more time on my phone. I wanted to change the situation I am now, from now on I will read one chapter of a book I like and keep that habit!!!