Books

Sunday, 27 November, 2016 - 18:09

I miss reading

by MeganBlogger

For Christmas as a child, I always received a huge stack of books and often by Boxing Day I’d already read half of them. I loved reading and was a huge fan of Arthur Ransom’s Swallows and Amazons series and J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books.

However, as I got older I noticed I seemed to be reading less and less for pleasure and more and more out of necessity. During my A-levels and at university, I found I was only reading the books required or suggested for my course. Although I like studying, reading became classed as homework and not something I chose to do for fun. If I ever picked up a book to read for pleasure, I thought it was a waste of time unless it had a direct relation to my studies. 

Now I’m working part-time and have fewer assignments to do, I’ve decided this year I’m going to take up my old hobby of reading. I’ve just started The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Let’s see if I can keep it up ...

Language level

Do you only read for school or do you read as a hobby?

Profile picture for user LamaFromMinecraft

Submitted by LamaFromMinecraft on Tue, 12/20/2022 - 09:32

I love reading! I mainly read for pleasure but sometimes I read to study.
I also like making up stories and writing books!
Like that I can imagine a whole new world a new fantastic point of view! (bonus points for everyone who can identify the song)

Submitted by Clqudiqtbc14 on Wed, 03/23/2022 - 19:54

I love to read. I teleport into a fantasy world, live with the characters or even play the lead role. I find myself in some strong characters. But for a while, I don't have time to read anymore, and that's awful.

Submitted by Tolis5 on Thu, 07/22/2021 - 09:00

I love reading!!I'm just in the second grade of Junior High School, so I haven't got many serious tests and I have much time to read!!
Profile picture for user empty

Submitted by empty on Thu, 08/08/2019 - 07:32

nowadays I can't read for fun because I'm in a serious part of education .
English courses near you